GUILTY GA - Caliyah McNabb, 15 days, Newton County, 7 Oct 2017 *Arrests* #2

Hi! I am new here. Have watched this case from the jump. So much was revealed just watching the families on SM. This trial is troubling to me. I am not impressed with any of the attorneys to far.
I am dumbfounded that the police did not luminal that trailer! The jurors will need something concrete. Looking forward to read through and see what everyone thinks.
Is it ok to post what you personally think what happened?

Last edited:
Friday, May 10th:
*Trial continues (Day 4) for both (@ 9am ET) - GA - Caliyah C. McNabb (15 days old) (Oct, 7, 2017, Covington) - *Cortney Marie Bell (24), "mother" arrested & charged (10/18/17) indicted (1/5/18) & arraigned (1/23/18) with 2nd degree murder & 2nd degree cruelty to children & deprivation of a minor; taken into custody Sat. 1/6/18. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
*Christopher Michael McNabb (27) "father" arrested & charged (10/18/17) & indicted (1/5/18) & arraigned (1/23/18) on 8 counts for malice murder, 2 counts of felony murder, 2nd degree murder, aggravated battery, 2 counts of 1st & 2nd degree cruelty to children & concealing a death. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. Was under suicide watch.
Trial started 5/6/19 12 jurors (6 women & 6 men ranging in ages of 22 to 64. (2 alternates)
5/6/19: Jury selection is done. Trial continues on 5/7.
5/7/19 Day 1: Opening statements. 911 Operator (no name given). Newton County Sheriff’s Deputy Joshua Hicks (1st responding officer). Dep. Raymond Walden. Female officer (no name given). Timothy Bell (Bell's father). Mellisa Davis (neighbor). Megan Sorrells (Bell's cousin). Trial continues 5/8.
5/8/19 Day 2: Jurors took trip to see where Caliyah lived & crime scene. Cpl. Mickey Kitchens, Newton County Sheriff's Office investigator. Lora Darrisaw, a forensic pathologist. Kim Weatherford (Bell's Aunt). Pamela Hamby (Bell's mother). Trial continues to 5/9.
5/9/19 Day 3: No info yet. Trial continues on 5/10.

Hours after his 2-week-old daughter was reported missing, Christopher McNabb denied anything had happened to his daughter in an interview with police.

Newton County jurors watched the videotaped interview Thursday, the fourth day of McNabb’s murder trial. He is accused of killing the baby, Caliyah Claire, in October 2017 and hiding her tiny body in nearby woods. The baby’s mother, Cortney Bell, is also accused in the baby’s death.

Baby’s father: ‘I swear to God. Nothing bad happened to that little girl’

Following investigations by the Newton County Sheriff’s Office, McNabb was charged three days later with eight counts, including malice murder, felony murder, second-degree murder, aggravated battery and concealing the death of another. Bell was indicted in January 2018 on charges of murder in the second degree, cruelty to children, and deprivation of a minor.

First on the stand Thursday was Loren Mackey, who was driving the vehicle McNabb and Bell were in when they were notified that the baby had been found. Mackey said when they received the notification, McNabb said he had to get out because he thought the police would arrest him. He fled from the car at the intersection of Ga. Highway 36 and Bypass Road.

Mackey also testified that Bell wanted to go to Anderson Circle and buy methamphetamine before going to see where her baby had been found, but Mackey said she refused to take her to buy meth.

Julie Hannah, a store clerk at the Chevron at Highway 36 and County Road 213, testified that on Oct. 7 Bell and McNabb came into the store and said someone had kidnapped their baby and asked if she saw any suspicious person carrying an infant, to please call the police.

McNabb/Bell murder trial continues for third day

Hi! I am new here. Have watched this case from the jump. So much was revealed just watching the families on SM. This trial is troubling to me. I am not impressed with any of the attorneys to far.
I am dumbfounded that the police did not luminal that trailer! The jurors will need something concrete. Looking forward to read through and see what everyone thinks.
Is it ok to post what you personally think what happened?
Yes! We add IMO or MOO.. or some other indication that it’s opinion and not fact that’s missing a source.
Also- welcome!! Glad you’re here :D

Friday, May 10th:
*Trial continues (Day 4) for both (@ 9am ET) - GA - Caliyah C. McNabb (15 days old) (Oct, 7, 2017, Covington) - *Cortney Marie Bell (24), "mother" arrested & charged (10/18/17) indicted (1/5/18) & arraigned (1/23/18) with 2nd degree murder & 2nd degree cruelty to children & deprivation of a minor; taken into custody Sat. 1/6/18. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
*Christopher Michael McNabb (27) "father" arrested & charged (10/18/17) & indicted (1/5/18) & arraigned (1/23/18) on 8 counts for malice murder, 2 counts of felony murder, 2nd degree murder, aggravated battery, 2 counts of 1st & 2nd degree cruelty to children & concealing a death. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. Was under suicide watch.
Trial started 5/6/19 12 jurors (6 women & 6 men ranging in ages of 22 to 64. (2 alternates)
5/6/19: Jury selection is done. Trial continues on 5/7.
5/7/19 Day 1: Opening statements. 911 Operator (no name given). Newton County Sheriff’s Deputy Joshua Hicks (1st responding officer). Dep. Raymond Walden. Female officer (no name given). Timothy Bell (Bell's father). Mellisa Davis (neighbor). Megan Sorrells (Bell's cousin). Trial continues 5/8.
5/8/19 Day 2: Jurors took trip to see where Caliyah lived & crime scene. Cpl. Mickey Kitchens, Newton County Sheriff's Office investigator. Lora Darrisaw, a forensic pathologist. Kim Weatherford (Bell's Aunt). Pamela Hamby (Bell's mother). Trial continues to 5/9.
5/9/19 Day 3: No info yet. Trial continues on 5/10.

I have read their will be no trial today but will return on Monday.

ARE YOU JOKING?!
well, of course you’re not
But that’s absurd!!!
SMDH

Verify: Are parents on trial for murdering two-week-old first cousins?

So, yes, by Hamby’s testimony, she is both the mother of Cortney Bell and aunt of Christopher McNabb – making them cousins.

But, as she also noted, she did not raise her daughter. Bell’s father, Tim Bell, testified this week as well that Hamby was not around throughout Bell’s childhood.

He put the total number of times Hamby interacted at all with Bell until she was a teenager at about 20.

“Pam never bought her a piece of bubble gum,” Tim Bell said Tuesday.

Tim Bell said he “didn’t know Chris and Cortney were related until after they were together.” It’s not apparent they did, either.

Tim Bell also implied McNabb at least at one point went by a different last name, Black, which added to the confusion.

I am very curious to know their Birth Dates Christopher and Cortney
because being from the same family and first cousin's,I am curious to know
how big is the birth date differences?
I know Cortney is 1 year older ( at the time of the arrests)
Since the parents are siblings,it is a subject a few other people who are discussing this case with me asked.
I said I would ask in this forum.
Thank you for your help .

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member