CA CA - Kristi Krebs, 22, Fort Bragg, 9 Aug 1993

Looking back on these last few posts of mine, a scenario emerges.

Kristi is stuck on a lightly traveled and populated back road not too distant from her home. As she was known to restlessly roam these roads, she was almost certainly familiar with Little Lake Road.

She is probably disoriented from stress. Her damp clothing shows she tried to unstick her car. What should she do now?

She decides to walk out. Her probable route was from the vicinity of the Mendocino Woodlands Camp Association intersection (Road 408/Little Lake Road & Thompsons Gulch Trail) out to Route 20: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Men...4374670d7db!2m2!1d-123.684694!2d39.375381!3e2

It must have been a spooky stumbling stroll. Even during the day, the heavy tree canopy along that road renders it dusky. At night it must have been pitch black. Long portions of the road are sunken into the ground with wear, making it a single lane trench through the woods.

At any rate, a day later she is identified hitchhiking on Route 20 on 11 August. What I find interesting is that more than one person saw her hitching on Route 20. That's pretty definitive.

This scenario does not rule out alternatives. However, the vicinity around the MWCA intersection was pretty well searched, and it is not that rough by Mendocino County standards. Moreover, I believe an opportunistic thief injured their hands ripping the stereo out of Kristi's Toyota because it is difficult to summon a scenario where Kristi was injured while defending her property. https://www.google.com/maps/place/M...d7bdbf474c2b4!8m2!3d39.3310719!4d-123.7349409

Mind you, I am not saying the searchers couldn't have missed her remains in the heavy cover. However, there were those confirmed sightings along Route 20, in Utah and near Hanford CA. I also believe in the accuracy of the Mississippi sighting because three people are identifying Kristi.

TheFort Bragg CA Police Department can be called at 707-961-2800 or contacted at 250 Cypress St, Fort Bragg CA 95437. They also have an online contact form at http://ca-fortbragg.civicplus.com/FormCenter/Contact-Us-11/Contact-Us-Dropdown-54 that may be filled out.

Information concerning this active case may also be called in to the Mendocino County Sheriff's Office Tipline at 707-234-2100. Their Investigative Services Bureau may be emailed at barneys@co.mendocino.ca.us. The Sheriff's Office can also be reached at 951 Low Gap Road, Ukiah, CA 95482.

Missing person cases in Mendocino and Lake counties

Kristi Suzanne Krebs was last seen Aug. 9, 1993, in Fort Bragg. She was born in 1970 and described as 5-foot-2, 140 pounds with brown hair and blue eyes. She has a deformed right thumb and was last seen wearing jeans, pink spandex shorts, a maroon Round Table T-shirt and a white T-shirt with a circular logo. Anyone with information about Krebs’ location is asked to contact the Fort Bragg Police Department at 707-961-2800 and reference case number FC93-1184.

upload_2021-10-11_23-10-35.jpeg

Kristi Suzanne Krebs
kristi_suzanne_krebs_1.jpg
kristi_suzanne_krebs_2.jpg
kristi_suzanne_krebs_3.jpg
kristi_suzanne_krebs_4.jpg
kristi_suzanne_krebs_5.jpg

Krebs, circa 1993; Age-progression to age 40 (circa 2010)
  • Missing Since 08/09/1993
  • Missing From Fort Bragg, California
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 12/29/1970 (51)
  • Age 22 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'2, 140 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A royal blue shirt with Round Table Pizza imprinted on the left front left side and jeans.
  • Medical Conditions Krebs may have been disoriented due to possible emotional difficulties at the time of her 1993 disappearance.
  • Associated Vehicle(s)Red Toyota Tercel (accounted for)
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes. Krebs's right thumb is deformed; it is thick at the knuckle and the tip of her thumb curves inward. She has several large moles on her neck below her right cheek. Her ears are pierced. She speaks with a slight lisp. Krebs's nickname is Kris.
Details of Disappearance

Krebs departed from place of employment, Round Table Pizza, on August 9, 1993 in Fort Bragg, California. She never arrived at her family's residence and has not been heard from again.

Krebs's red Toyota Tercel was discovered abandoned in a shallow creek in MacKerricher State Park shortly after her disappearance. Her wallet, driver's license, bra and panties were found inside her car, but there was no sign of her at the scene. The car stereo was missing from her vehicle at the time of its discovery.

A woman matching Krebs's description was seen hitchhiking along Highway 20 out of Fort Bragg shortly after her disappearance. Authorities have been unable to confirm if the individual was Krebs.

Krebs had been receiving medical treatment at the time of her disappearance for emotional difficulties. She experienced an eerily similar incident involving her car becoming stuck in an area near her home in May 1990, three years prior to her disappearance.

That previous situation apparently served as the catalyst for a psychotic breakdown Krebs experienced. She was hospitalized multiple times over the next six months and was under medical supervision. Her therapists advised her to go back to work, but only part time.

Krebs did well, so she increased her work hours at Round Table Pizza and took a second job at a fast food restaurant. She was working ten or twelve hours a day as a result. It is possible that Krebs overloaded herself with stress and became disoriented when her vehicle became trapped the night she vanished.

Krebs had wandered away from her car during the previous incident and was discovered by passersby shortly after leaving the scene. She was disoriented and required medical attention at the time. It is possible that similar circumstances occurred when her vehicle became trapped prior to her disappearance.

A driver told authorities that she picked up a hitchhiker who matched Krebs's description later in August 1993. The driver said that she met the hitchhiker in Salt Lake City, Utah and dropped her off at a McDonald's restaurant in Park City, Utah. The driver said that her passenger was in a state of euphoria at the time.

Authorities are not certain if the unidentified woman was Krebs, but it is possible that she is hitchhiking in Utah, California, Nevada and Texas. Foul play is possible in her case.

Investigating Agency
  • Fort Bragg Police Department 707-961-2820
Source Information

One thought I had, was her ENTIRE car stereo missing. In the 90’s, stereos with a detachable face plate were very much in style with teens/young adults. I am a few years younger than her and the stereo in my car had a detachable face as did many of my friend’s stereos. This wasn’t stock, rather the stereo that came with the car had to be removed and this kind put in. These were name brand stereos. You would take the face off when you left your car and put it in your purse or your pocket. By doing so, the thought was that you wouldn’t get your radio stolen.
I would really like to know what type of stereo she had.

I wonder what makes the LE consider foul play. I can see how she could be an easy target for a crime of opportunity, but there are some things that could indicate a different scenario:
a few unconfirmed accounts
a previous mental breakdown

I wonder if there is more to this than the police announce, things like undisclosed evidence at the car, rumours etc.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu
Back