ACTIVE SEARCH SD - Serenity Dennard, 9, Children’s Home Society, Pennington County, 3 Feb 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
When a person or facility delays so long in calling the police on a missing child, something is wrong! Something is being cleaned up to coverup what really happened! Or what the facility knew was grossly improper at the home.

Serenity may have run away, but what took over 90 minutes to call 911? IIRC.

MAY 7, 2019
Federal funds offset cost of search for missing girl
The Pennington County Commission has approved the use of $73,243.92 in federal funds to help offset the cost of an ongoing search for a missing 9-year-old girl.

[...]

Sheriff Kevin Thom asked the commission for authorization to offset the search costs with available federal funds.

“Pennington County Search and Rescue has incurred a great deal of expenses related to the ongoing search for Serenity Dennard over the last 60 plus days and anticipates further costs moving forward,” Thom wrote in a letter to the commission dated April 10.

[...]

Thom’s letter said $73,243.92 is the entire current balance of Pennington County’s available Title III money.

[...]

Also see: Pennington County Search and Rescue gain $73,000

May 2, 2019

Three months after 9-year-old Serenity Dennard disappeared, South Dakota investigators believe they may have a new lead.

Pennington County Sheriff Kevin Thom has revealed that K-9 units have picked up a cadaver scent within a mile of where Serenity was last seen alive in Rapid City, the Argus Leader, Rapid City Journal and Newscenter1 report

Serenity ran away from the Black Hills Children’s Home on Feb. 3. Two people who do not work for the organization and were in the parking lot saw her leave and head north on a nearby road.

“Those two witnesses drove back out onto South Rockerville road and didn’t see Serenity,” Thom said, Newscenter1 reports. “In that three-to-five minute window, she was no longer on the road. Where she went from there is what we’re trying to ascertain.” bbm

The search for Serenity turned into a recovery effort days after she disappeared due to severe cold weather, the Journal reported at the time. Thom said while it is unclear if the cadaver scent belongs to Serenity, he trusts the K-9’s skills.

“We wouldn’t know if that’s a scent from Serenity or from some unknown cadaver,” Thom said. “There’s no guarantee on any of this”
[...]
Before February, Serenity had threatened to run away from the Children’s Home and once attempted to leave but was stopped by a member of staff. Recently, KD said she and her ex-husband, CD, had seen progress in Serenity.
9-Year-Old Girl Went Missing 3 Months Ago, and Cadaver Dogs Might Have Picked up Her Scent

ETA: names edited to initials by me

Last edited:
I don't have an approved msm source but this is my opinion, I do not believe KD (step mom) and CD (adoptive dad) are divorced. I believe the author of the People article got the parents mixed up...Serenity's adoptive parents, DG and CD got divorced after adopting her and both are remarried. It seems like the author mixed a couple articles from other sources and it resulted in errors.

Also, if you read the comments on People's FB page on the article post, many people correct the error....Locals are stating KD and CD are still married.

MAIN STREET SQUARE IN
DOWNTOWN RAPID CITY

Located in the heart of Downtown Rapid City, Main Street Square is a fun-filled public space that features special events, arts and culture, live concerts, seasonal ice skating and interactive fountains. Surrounded by the City of Presidents, boutiques, eateries and galleries, Main Street Square is a destination the whole family can enjoy.

Sunday will be Serenity's 10th birthday!!

Serenity Dennard Balloon Release

Sunday, May 12, 2019 from 3-4pm

http://mainstreetsquarerc.com/

I don't have an approved msm source but this is my opinion, I do not believe KD (step mom) and CD (adoptive dad) are divorced. I believe the author of the People article got the parents mixed up...Serenity's adoptive parents, DG and CD got divorced after adopting her and both are remarried. It seems like the author mixed a couple articles from other sources and it resulted in errors.

Also, if you read the comments on People's FB page on the article post, many people correct the error....Locals are stating KD and CD are still married.
Great post. I bet you're right.

MAY 7, 2019
Federal funds offset cost of search for missing girl
The Pennington County Commission has approved the use of $73,243.92 in federal funds to help offset the cost of an ongoing search for a missing 9-year-old girl.

[...]

Sheriff Kevin Thom asked the commission for authorization to offset the search costs with available federal funds.

“Pennington County Search and Rescue has incurred a great deal of expenses related to the ongoing search for Serenity Dennard over the last 60 plus days and anticipates further costs moving forward,” Thom wrote in a letter to the commission dated April 10.

[...]

Thom’s letter said $73,243.92 is the entire current balance of Pennington County’s available Title III money.

[...]

Also see: Pennington County Search and Rescue gain $73,000

A worthy use imo.

Yeah, I don't think people realize the be-hind-the-scenes that happens with a SAR operation. They just think of the boots on the ground doing the actual search. It's so much more than that and very costly.

Lynne DiSanto posted an update a few hours ago. The cadaver dogs are going to be out searching again Friday and Saturday. They picked up a scent 10 days ago in the area. What's interesting is, Lynne stated there was another person found dead in that area a few years ago. She thinks perhaps the scent the dogs picked up on could have been the scent of that decomposed body that got into the soil and is still there.
Is it possible someone has Serenity and she's alive somewhere? JMO but I just don't see that as being very likely.

Six dog teams and up to 30 people will search this weekend for a girl missing in the Black Hills since February, more than a week after cadaver dogs hit upon a scent in the area.

The Pennington County Sheriff's Office said the specialized teams are coming from South Dakota and Colorado to aid in the search for 9-year-old Serenity Dennard, who ran away from the Black Hills Children's Home on February 3.

The searchers will comb a two-mile radius around the children's home. Recently, the sheriff's office announced that cadaver dogs detected a scent within a mile of the home, but said it could not be sure the scent came from Serenity.
Six dog teams to continue search for missing girl

Before you say I'm crazy, could the authorities make an announcement saying "If anyone has this little girl they will not be prosecuted"? Make the announcement nationally Not just there.

That is a lovely thought but I doubt seriously that anyone who kept a little girl unrelated to them this long would just hand her back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks