Found Safe NC - Shaylie Madden, 7-week-old infant, Biltmore Park in Asheville, 9 May 2019 *Arrest*

I agree, but money talks, etc. (And if this woman is indeed a victim of PPP, I ask the world to forgive what I'm saying.)

I feel that what she did, from beginning to end, was just too pat, too "complete" and thought-out to have been hatched from a psychotic mind (speaking as someone who knows very little about PPP). Certainly, her scenario needed a bit more polish, but it was plausible.
We've seen doctors and other professionals do a job on the jury, especially if big bucks for paid experts are involved in some defenses. It could happen.
The prosecution does have resources as well and the reliable point/counterpoint is what it's all about in the courtroom.
I don't see a plea being offered by either side at any time -- IMO, this one will go to trial.

But if she was in her right mind and intending to kill her baby, why not kill the baby? Why toss her down an embankment in a car seat? Just doesn’t seem rational if we are talking about premeditated murder. Not excusing any of it, just think she is way off in some way.

But if she was in her right mind and intending to kill her baby, why not kill the baby? Why toss her down an embankment in a car seat? Just doesn’t seem rational if we are talking about premeditated murder. Not excusing any of it, just think she is way off in some way.
Perhaps she isn't an ax killer and found it easier to just throw her child down a steep cliff hidden by a lush forest where it might never be found.

I think it fit with the carjacking story, the carjackers tossed out the baby in the carrier - why would carjackers who were only interested in the car actually murder a baby, but makes sense they would want to get rid of it. So I think that’s why she did it this way, along with the fact that it was easiest. She probably had no idea that anyone would find that child in time to save it.

Perhaps she isn't an ax killer and found it easier to just throw her child down a steep cliff hidden by a lush forest where it might never be found.
That part I can understand. It’s the throwing in the car seat that makes no sense. IMO that baby was in the car seat to have only gotten scrapes and bruises. It’s the car seat that has me puzzled if she was intent on killing her. Something about all of it doesn’t make any sense to me. The rest seems thought out, but that part has me stumped. MOO

Shaylie was found at Slick Rock Road.
Mother’s vehicle was found on Grant Mountain Road.
Mother was picked up by people near a church in this area.

According to Google maps, the churches in this vicinity have houses around them.

Krista is a runner. She may have run past numerous houses after she tossed out her baby and abandoned her car a short distance away.

Shaylie was found at Slick Rock Road.
Mother’s vehicle was found on Grant Mountain Road.
Mother was picked up by people near a church in this area.

According to Google maps, the churches in this vicinity have houses around them.

Krista is a runner. She may have run past numerous houses after she tossed out her baby and abandoned her car a short distance away.

Oh, I have no doubt it was something along those lines!

If he was a former cardio-thoracic surgery fellow, then he's now finished his fellowship training (comes after residency). He is a now a cardio-thoracic surgeon, not a cardiologist.
Thanks, G-Granny!

Replying and correcting my own post -- I forgot the link. Please excuse.
I saw this earlier -- then I saw a pic of Krista and her husband, and I'm pretty sure this is the same guy. According to the US News & World Report article below, he is a thoracic surgeon at a VA hospital in Asheville, NC. Details in article below.

https://health.usnews.com/doctors/jesse-madden-706037

Last edited:
Last edited:
Why is she appearing in court without her lawyer? Is this normal?

Last edited:
So CPS is involved with family already before this incident?
Not good!

What is the story with this family? Something is terribly wrong for CPS to be involved as we know the history of CPS! And, this is a doctor’s family, so waiting for the rest of the story.

Personally, I don’t think anything mentally is wrong with this mother. She is probably from a well respected family, good education, and the problem is within the dynamics of the marriage. JMO.

She is 100% wrong in her actions! The baby had a daddy and she was not the one to take this darling baby away from anyone.

Seeing the family pics, they just seemed like such a normal family. The mother looked pretty compared to the court pics shown of her now, where she seems devoid of any emotion and unkept looking. Can't help wondering if she has a mental issue and snapped.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back