Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #100

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect anybody and everybody at this point
Right. LE doesn't even know if BG lives in Delphi. He might. He might've lived there once. He might work there. He might be familiar with Delphi because he visits there. Or ... maybe none of the above. Here's the exact quote:

"We also believe this person is from Delphi. Currently or has previously lived here, visits Delphi on a regular basis or works here."

DBM - duplicate post

Last edited:
That’s great!

From page 1 of this thread:
4) If you feel you have a tip, by all means, phone it in. Do NOT discuss your tip here. Contact the authorities and give them time to follow your lead.
Actually I emailed mine.
Per the instructions, they actually prefer tips be emailed.

This was exactly the case with the Seminole Heights shooter. All his co-workers thought he looked like the sketch, but didn't believe it was actually him until he asked them to hide his gun.

I just watched Extremely Wicked... and found the focus on Bundy's girlfriend's denial interesting, although she apparently called his name in to the cops after the two girls went missing from Lake Sammamish. Despite denial, she still called his name in based on the sketch. Don't know if that was factual or theatrical.

ETA - so sorry to hear about your son, mtnlites. heartbreaking.

I think people have recognized his voice and have either second-guessed themselves and talked themselves out of turning in the tip or the tip got lost in the shuffle or (for whatever reason) the evidence they have isn't pointing to him. Even when they put out a sketch of Ted Bundy and released his first name and vehicle, his friends just joked around that it might be him. The more "normal" this guy appears to be, the less likely those in his life would probably be to think he's BG.

The man on the farm next to mine is a widower. He's in his 70s and has been good to my family. He volunteers for everything in town. Is a retired railroad employee. Sits on the water commission. Rescues animals. Comes over and helps us out and, occasionally, drops by with pizza and sandwiches from his son's restaurant. If 2 teen girls were violently murdered and a sketch was released that sort of resembled him, and a 2 second video that sort of looked like the way he moves came out then those of us who know him would probably just laugh. "Ha ha ha, that looks like Jerry. Jerry, did you kill anyone? Ha ha." We'd all be shocked as hell if we found out it WAS him. Some people wouldn't make the call because they'd be afraid of being wrong. And some people wouldn't call in because while they might see a resemblance, they wouldn't in a million years think it was actually HIM. And then some people wouldn't even see the similarities at all.

I think we often confuse lack of arrest with lack of identification. It is entirely possible that someone has recognized him but hasn't done anything about it.

Last edited:
Hi

This is the suspect in Nicole's murder public Facebook page. When I read through the rules, it seemed like if it was a public sm page for a suspect I could link it. It's just a place of work I found interesting which is why I was curious if I could share.
I believe there are also YouTube sales videos posted.

Sometimes Tardive Dysckinzia

I don't know this for a fact. I can't even draw realistic stick figures. So please take my opinion with a whole shaker full of salt. But I've always had the impression that the sketch artist has a great deal to do with the quality of the finished product, and I don't mean due to their artistic abilities. I mean intangibles such as, degree of patience with the witness, quality of questions asked to elicit information, whether or not a facial characteristics book is used for the person to compare to... those kinds of things.

I hate it when I start a post, can't remember how to spell something, decide maybe it's not relevant, think I've deleted all of the draft, and then two of the words end up awkwardly jammed in the middle of something to which I've replied. Sorry to all. I was going to mention that some meds for various things, including mental health, have been linked to TD, which can cause someone to hold their jaw differently, such as unknowingly thrusting forward the lower jaw. Sorry again @ the sloppy post. :(

YES in my area there's a sheriff who's often dramatic on TV when they need
the public to come forward to help solve a particularly brutal crime on a child.
It does get your attention. Though I think it sometimes seems lame.
Our sheriff has all sorts of names that he calls criminals. Nothing that rolls off his tongue surprises me.

I think he noticed the girls getting dropped off too. They were of the age they could’ve either been alone or part of a group of friends including parents. The daylight attack was brazen as it was so I don’t think he would’ve risked it if he thought others were accompanying the girls, dawdling across the bridge a few minutes after he crossed.

One of my many theories is the killer observed the two, sight unseen, in a perverted, voyeuristic manner while Libby was taking totally innocent photos of Abby posing on the bridge. We know the one photo was shared by Snapchat but if there more, LE hasn’t mentioned.

Do you think he planned to attack someone at the park that day? I was just thinking about intent. He'd have had to intend to cause harm to someone most likely to be carrying a gun in the pocket of his jacket. Concealed carry is one thing, but carrying a handgun that way is not that. Just curious if you think he planned on attacking someone that day and if you think he's done this previously? TIA

I've never submitted a tip related to a a murder case I've followed on WS. I've never been that close to a case... Seems kinda' frightening. Heck, back when I was very young, the woman living in the apt above me was arrested for murder (she was convicted, given a life sentence and has been denied parole numerous times).... I was clueless until I saw the police carrying everything but the walls out of that apt. Yep, a murderer lived above me and I was clueless.

Do you think he planned to attack someone at the park that day? I was just thinking about intent. He'd have had to intend to cause harm to someone most likely to be carrying a gun in the pocket of his jacket. Concealed carry is one thing, but carrying a handgun that way is not that. Just curious if you think he planned on attacking someone that day and if you think he's done this previously? TIA

Absolutely zero doubt in my mind

ETA
I doubt he’s murdered previously, I think he’s probably stalked etc.

But I still am thinking this was probably his first murder

Jmo

Last edited:
I agree it's possible the girls weren't there when the search took place on 2/13. LE says the murders happened within minutes, but that can generally be up to an hour. They could have been in/near a shed/shack within 10-15 minutes.

i understand this but it's feb no leaves if you read my post that if someone or more came in from the cemetary side you are on the right side of creek.
even though we keep faith/hope they're ok, we know they didn't answer texts/phone calls.
to ME that reason enough, but thats just me!
and apparently the searchers either:
1) didn't search long enough.
2) wrong places.
3) they weren't there.

I agree with your possibilities.

But what if he had already bound their hands, had on gloves and used an object for SA instead of himself? There is also the possibility the perp killed them first, then committed necrophilia, once again with an object. This happens frequently in deaths by strangulation.

We cannot assume there was no SA just because there doesn't appear to be a complete and useable DNA profile. We also cannot assume there was SA, but as you said, it could have been the original motive for the kidnapping and/or murders even if the perp ran out of time (and SA did not occur). I so hope it did not happen.

I understand all of this had to happen quickly.

I believe the perp had a gun or knife, with which he controlled the girls and ordered them "down the hill." He may have told them if they screamed for help or made a sound, he would kill them. At some point, I think the girls were bound and gagged, otherwise, people would have heard screams from that area during their killing.

Often, a perp will have one victim tie up the other one so they can maintain control with the weapon. When the first victim is immobilized, it is easier for the perp to then bind the second victim and then gag both victims.

Once the perp got them across the creek (over the sandbar directly below where their bodies were found) and more hidden from public view, he finished his crime. Even if the perp used a gun to control the girls, with no witnesses saying they heard a gunshot, it is more likely they were killed by knife or strangulation. In a park that had people wandering all about, a gunshot would bring them running.

maybe he hated them because he found them attractive, but also knew that was "inappropriate," OR maybe he hated them because he thought he should be attracted to them and he was not, OR maybe he hated them because he always sort of wanted to be a female and he thinks girls have an easy life or he believed that his parents liked his sister better. (amateur psychoanalyzing) Have any of the known serial killers ever explained what was driving them? When I have read interviews, I think it has sounded as if they just had a compulsion, but no rationale.

Or maybe he really loved/hated someone close to them and wanted to make the person’s life miserable. It could be their relative, or even a peer in their class he was obsessed with. Anyone.

My personal opinion is that he hates women, and took his rage out on the girls.

There’s likely a reason for this; that he blames them for his own shortcomings.

By attacking those girls, he was getting back at the women who rejected him, or wronged him in some way.

Some serial killers are surprisingly introspective, and are able to explain their rationale to a degree.

Kemper and Dahmer are good examples of this.

I think even the ones who can explain, omit a lot. They ralitonalize, but they omit years of intense, obsessive daydreaming about these encounters, and then, probably, intense psychotic episodes. They are too ashamed of admitting that it went on for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member