• batson_paul5.jpg
Batson, circa 2018

• Missing Since04/29/2018
  • Missing FromBozeman, Montana
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Date of Birth09/18/1972 (46)
  • Age45 years old
  • Height and Weight6'2, 175 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionA dark-colored button-down shirt and jeans.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian male. Brown hair, brown eyes.
Details of Disappearance
Batson was last seen in Bozeman, Montana on April 29, 2018. A postal service worker from Batavia, Illinois, he had just visited his three grown sons in Colorado and was in Montana exploring the possibility of transferring to Butte or Bozeman when he disappeared.

At 4:00 p.m. on April 29, he contacted his girlfriend and said he was in the Bozeman Public Library and had a meeting with the Bozeman Postal Service the next day. That same afternoon, his cellular phone stopped pinging; it was either turned off or the battery died, although he carried a phone charger in his car.

He never showed up for his meeting in Bozeman, and his girlfriend reported him missing. His gray 2016 Dodge Charger was found on the roadside in Reed Point, Montana at 7:00 p.m. on April 30. Batson's travel bag was in the car, which is described as being in "extremely clean" condition, but his wallet and cellular phone were missing. No one in the area reported seeing a person matching Batson's description.

Batson is U.S. Navy veteran who had worked as a mail carrier with the postal service since 1994. He is considered missing under suspicious circumstances and his case remains unsolved.

https://app.doj.mt.gov/enforcement/missingpersons/searchdetail.aspx?RecordKey=30111

Last edited:
The story about the search for this young man has been circulating on our local facebook and social media circles. Jon Keltner has been found deceased — see the link below — and the investigation into his disappearance and death has been closed. I have more information but since I do not know him nor his family personally, it would be considered rumor and so I cannot post. This is completely unrelated to Paul’s disappearance, except to any extent that depression and mental illness played a role in Paul’s case. Which of course we do not know. Very sad though.
Missing man found dead near Bozeman

Last edited:
The story about the search for this young man has been circulating on our local facebook and social media circles. Jon Keltner has been found deceased — see the link below — and the investigation into his disappearance and death has been closed. I have more information but since I do not know him nor his family personally, it would be considered rumor and so I cannot post. This is completely unrelated to Paul’s disappearance, except to any extent that depression and mental illness played a role in Paul’s case. Which of course we do not know. Very sad though.
Missing man found dead near Bozeman
Copying this convo over to Jon Keltner's thread & keep confusion to a minimum:
Found Deceased - MT - Jon Keltner, 21, Bozeman 09 May 2019

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads