Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #100

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it was reported that the attendees had to sign in for the last press conference. Does anyone know if that’s common practice or was that something different to account for who attended this particular one? And was it announced ahead of time they would have to sign in (if that’s not common practice)?

Yes! MOO -- it's my amateur opinion that the individual who committed these heinous acts is very "tech-savvy". Nevertheless, his being from a "highly esteemed" family has caused some to never even consider him as a suspect. Not.even.once. Oops. MOO.

Gosh it’s so interesting how we all have our different ideas yet we are given the same information.

Imo I think he’s tech savvy when it comes to viewing *advertiser censored*, violence and perhaps other things he’s interested in, maybe hunting and fishing, but other than that I don’t expect him to have a big SM presence.

I believe it was reported that the attendees had to sign in for the last press conference. Does anyone know if that’s common practice or was that something different to account for who attended this particular one? And was it announced ahead of time they would have to sign in (if that’s not common practice)?

That’s a good question, did they know they would have to sign in in advance? And did they have to show ID, as I imagine anyone could sign their name as “John Smith”?

Sooo... if BG is a transient serial killer.

I don’t know if he knew RL, but going back to the transient theory, he may have been hiding out in one of the outbuildings on RL’s land. I have always felt that could be a clue that was never answered for sure.
I really don’t think it’s a transient serial killer. The city/town is so small that I’d think someone new like that would stand out. Everyone knows everyone or they know of them or they’ve seen them before. Plus, BG is mobile (car mentioned in the PC). A weird car is really going to stand out. Based on the PC it doesn’t sound like they got a whole lot of tips regarding the car parked at the abandoned building. Just my opinion.

Yes. They did full forensics on RL's place.
We have no idea if there was anything recovered there.

I think BG could be a local that played or hung out around there at some previous time, by the bridge and on on RL's land.
MOO Probably kids got into RL's outbuildings often enough over time, being near a local attraction.
RL had called police about a break in some time (year before?) before the girls were killed there.

He had a break in 2014.

Police Calls | Carroll County Comet

I took an average height and weight based on the FBI info and put it into modelmydiet.com for men. It's a great resource. You can change factors but here is a sample of what I came up with for a 5 foot 8 inch, 190 pound male.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190511-192954_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190511-192954_Chrome.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
The sketch looks "off" to me. It's like the eyes, nose and mouth were drawn separately as a unit and then super-imposed on a generic head shape. But the head shape is just a little too big, so the eyes/nose/mouth section looks just a bit too small. I wonder if, originally, LE set aside this sketch because the witness was somewhat iffy about the description.

My understanding is that it is common practice, but perhaps not. I know the potential searchers also had to sign in when they convened at the fire station to be briefed beforehand. I don't know if attendees also have to show some form of ID. My hunch says they would, otherwise, anyone could just sign a fake name.

Last edited:
I imagine this has already been discussed, but there’s a feature on the Snapchat app where you can see all of your Snapchat friends’ current locations on a map. Each person shows up as a little cartoon icon that they pick for themselves. My daughter showed it to me once, and she had everyone in her grade as a “friend” even if though she’s not really friends with all of them, so about 60 kids. Most of them were clustered in our neighborhood, but I could quickly pick out who was traveling, who was outside of our town, etc. So.... speculating, maybe BG simply had access to a one of Libby’s classmates phone, and just glancing at it was able to see that there was a young girl at the trailhead, which is on the edge of town. Since Abby didn’t have a phone, he may have assumed that Libby was alone. MOO.

Ok, so this just gave me the willies! Thank God I am old and so are my boys.

Imo I think he’s tech savvy when it comes to viewing *advertiser censored*, violence and perhaps other things he’s interested in, maybe hunting and fishing, but other than that I don’t expect him to have a big SM presence.

That’s a good question, did they know they would have to sign in in advance? And did they have to show ID, as I imagine anyone could sign their name as “John Smith”?

@margarita25, your "moo-ing" is almost too much! :)

On a much more serious note, I believe you're definitely on to something here. This is something I considered at the very beginning back in Feb. of 2017, but have never mentioned until this moment. (And yes, I think he's not much into the SM thing, but is very handy at accessing sites that are of interest to him...whether SC or...whatever.)

"MOO"-ing back at everyone! (so weighty is much of this thread, a "moo" or two helps, even a bit)

BBM

p.s. Someone correct me here, but I'm thinking that locals could view the April 22nd PC in real-time, on-line -- thus...avoiding having to...sign in ("John Smiths" of the area, notwithstanding).

The sketch looks "off" to me. It's like the eyes, nose and mouth were drawn separately as a unit and then super-imposed on a generic head shape. But the head shape is just a little too big, so the eyes/nose/mouth section looks just a bit too small. I wonder if, originally, LE set aside this sketch because the witness was somewhat iffy about the description.
Even if the witness was “iffy” about the description, I still think they would have put it out.

I think the real issue was that they felt the man this witness encountered, was not BG in the first place.

<modsnipped quoted post>
MOO I actually did the same thing a few days ago, but not necessarily because of a chin. I just tried to look for faces that looked similar, but I gave up. The lighting in the video is weird. In some shots, it looks like the suspect is wearing a hat or hoodie. In other shots it looks like thick mostly straight brown hair parted in the middle. So, I wanted to look to see if there were any similar faces with the hairstyles that I thought he might have had if it were hair I was seeing and not a hoodie. It turns out that several guys resembled the image I saw in the video. So, I think appearance alone is of little value unless you know this person, have a clue about their personality and whether they could be capable. Were they troublemakers? Did they keep to themselves? Were they picked on? I don't see the killer as being someone with a vibrant social circle. If the video was clear, then appearance would play a bigger role, but it's a vague image and we have to remember that the sketch is not a photo. It's not even a sketch of a photo or a known individual, so it's likely anything could be off. The nose, the eyes, the lips, the chin, the hair, either or all of the above could be slightly off. We just don't know how accurate the persons memory was that described this character.
I was just thinking about the killers exit earlier today and wondering if anyone noticed anyone walking on the trail with wet jeans that day. I might not have noticed or remembered anything else about the guy, but I would certainly remember seeing someone walking on a trail wearing wet jeans and especially in February. That makes me wonder if he didn't even get back on the trail and cut straight through the woods. If that is the case, he would have only been seen on the trail before the murders. If he was seen on the trail after the murders and nobody noticed the wet jeans, then he could have stashed his clothes somewhere or broken in (or let himself in) and stolen someone else's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gosh it’s so interesting how we all have our different ideas yet we are given the same information.

[QUOTE="sumzero, post: 15058273, member: 71945

I think he’s SM savvy and has a presence based on age. I HOPE he has a typical SM presence...make him easier for LE to monitor.

When I first saw the sketch I initially thought wow, bg has an enormous head. Seeing everyone on WS’ response to the sketch and what stands out to them is actually part of the problem with eye witness statements in general. We all see things differently.

I admit that I've skipped a few pages again, so I hope I didn't miss someone saying this. I keep reading about people suspecting that someone recently arrested was also responsible for the deaths of these girls, and that's the change in strategy he mentioned. What I'm wondering is if the arrested person had been a suspect in the past, but it was his "alibi" being spoken to in the PC. Possibly BG was the alibi for someone else (who couldn't prove where he was), and when that person was arrested, he admitted that he hadn't been with "BG" and told them where he really was - possibly doing something else illegal. It's very possible that all, or most, of BG's friends know that he's guilty, but out of fear or loyalty won't testify against him.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
My son at 5’10 1/2 and 185 is much thinner than this guy. Unsub is indeed rather husky even if he is wearing multi layers. ETA - my son commonly wears multi layers and he looks much thinner than the POI.
It is not so much the number of pounds but the amount of fat and muscle mass. Muscle takes up less space so a person may weigh more but look thinner.

I admit that I've skipped a few pages again, so I hope I didn't miss someone saying this. I keep reading about people suspecting that someone recently arrested was also responsible for the deaths of these girls, and that's the change in strategy he mentioned. What I'm wondering is if the arrested person had been a suspect in the past, but it was his "alibi" being spoken to in the PC. Possibly BG was the alibi for someone else (who couldn't prove where he was), and when that person was arrested, he admitted that he hadn't been with "BG" and told them where he really was - possibly doing something else illegal. It's very possible that all, or most, of BG's friends know that he's guilty, but out of fear or loyalty won't testify against him.

I know we aren't supposed to use personal stories, but I can delete this part if necessary. Some of my relatives had a friend who was involved in manufacturing and selling drugs. When one of the partners of that friend was arrested, he thought their friend was the one who had turned him in. His brother and several friends basically kidnapped the guy (held him in bound and usually gagged in his own home) and tortured him for several days before finally murdering him and stuffing all, or most, of his body in a duffle bag. The guilty parties were both males and females between the ages of 16 or 17 and 22 or 23, it's been a while so I don't remember the exact ages. Anyway, for many years the most common response within at least 3 counties when someone suggested talking to the police about someone's illegal activities was, "And end up like R*** P***?, no thanks!"

Ironically, when the group was eventually arrested, one of the murderers admitted that he was the one who had turned the original guy in, but knew if he admitted it to save his friend that it would have been him in the bag instead.

Good timing with this post because I just came from the thread I think you are referencing for the "recently arrested" guy and a very interesting video of him was just posted on that thread. Also, I think you may be right about his friends being afraid to testify against him.

Identified! - IN - Newton County, Fem, 30 Mar 2019 - Nicole Bowen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member