GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible for a person to pass a polygraph if said person has been hypnotized?
Can a person be hypnotized to "block out/ forget" a period of time?

Just wondering

Oh OK, sorry about the confusion, I guess SS wasn't aware there were no security cameras pointed at the docks when he checked the security cameras pointed at docks in 2014?

I’ve currently have 10 Ring Floodligt cameras at my houses and in 2019 one on a house isn’t going to catch something happening over 50 feet away. Also they have these things called motion settings. You can set them for all motion or people. They wouldn’t pick out boat activity over 50 feet away on the water. The motion settings won’t extend that far.

Also let’s not forget that they still need one of two things. Internet in 2014 at the lake? Ha. Good luck. Sure add an extender and you’ve now rendered the WiFi bandwith useless. Local storage only that rolls over in 2014 after 2 days maximum since they could only take a 16g mircro sd card.

Anyway I rest my case. The crime didn’t happen in the times of cloud storage cameras. You bought yours in 2015 which wouldn’t have helped the Dermonds but thanks for proving my point.

Oh OK, sorry about the confusion, I guess SS wasn't aware there were no security cameras pointed at the docks when he checked the security cameras pointed at docks in 2014?
Yes, 2014 was only 5 years ago and security cams (wifi and otherwise) were aplenty by then - perhaps not a standard fixture at million dollar homes in gated neighborhoods in Putnam County though, I can't say, but there must have been *some* in the area, since SS had referred to them. My only question was whether the cams that he *did* check may have shown something out on the water in front of the owner's own boat.. caught on tape by accident type of thing. Hoping that any such footage owned by any nearby residences was fully checked out for those couple of days in question.

Got a quote on the number he checked? I’m about to buy at Lake Burton. Did you know that Georgia Power will be leasing my dock to me and they won’t allow a security camera to be installed. It has to be installed on the house which is over 78 feet from the dock. Did you also know that’s why the cameras aren’t on the dock? He is talking about security cameras on houses pointing at the lake. He found one camera that pointed at a dock but not the Dermonds dock because that’s illegal.

You can’t put up security cameras on the dock because technically that’s not your land. You lease it from Georgia Power.

I’ve seen one camera on a dock. I thought you lived at Sinclair? How is that possible when you don’t know the rules?

Attachments

• 6E7479DB-602D-4FBB-8CEB-5497540A4B09.png
    6E7479DB-602D-4FBB-8CEB-5497540A4B09.png
    291.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 02D52D3E-B9D9-44A2-8907-A36F4A84EE85.png
    02D52D3E-B9D9-44A2-8907-A36F4A84EE85.png
    459.5 KB · Views: 14
Baldwin county, lies next to Putnam......UPDATE: Man arrested, charged with murder
seems it more murders in these areas than usual.......IDK.........this was an odd case........probalby not connected but interesting this guy in the area basically was capable of murder, they just dont know yet which one, the other one that was on scene went inside and shot himself dead

I am feeling mighty gruesome today!
Did they bring a bucket to put the head in? Premeditated.
Did they bring or use a trash bag from the garage? That would be theft. Fingerprints on the box, shelf or counter top?
How do you cut someone's head off, bag or bucket it, without blood dripping all over from knife or blood draining from head?
Was it done with the garage door open and then body dragged back in enough to shut garage door? Supposedly, no blood outside. Did they use a plastic bag or painter's tarp to catch the blood? That's where I assumed the outside man was cleaning up and washing the blood away.
I assume they could tell from the autopsy if MrD or MrsD died from a heart attack during the struggle.
If she was bashed in the head at the house, wouldn't there be blood?
He must have already been dead for awhile for blood not to pump or spurt out all over and the puddle on the garage floor must have been from what drained out the body.
Either SS is holding back a lot of info or they missed some clues in the investigation.
I assumed they wrapped the head in a towel taken from the powder room, one of those used to block the blood flow out the garage door. Remember SS said there was a circular blood stain on the garage floor but it was a little larger than a head - possibly a blood soaked towel wrapped around a head? Also, SS has said repeatedly that he believes SD was killed elsewhere precisely for the reason you mention - there would be spatter everywhere from her head bludgeoning, and none was found. No evidence that either SD or RD had a heart attack, although the autopsy showed he had significant arterial blockage.

SS has said that everyone is a suspect but him but he has also witnessed the polygraphs of all 3 children. He says in his opinion they aren’t involved.

My other case I follow the most about JB Beasley and Tracie Hawlett they also said for 20 years that JB was not sexually assaulted or raped. The forensic pathologists report has been released and 20 years ago he determined she was raped. They lied to the public for 20 years. LE have reasons for doing things that we don’t understand until after the fact. IMO the kids know more than they’re letting on but by SS publicly says they were not involved.

It’s possible that by saying they were not involved he is trying to make someone slip up.

That article was written around the time SD was pulled from the water.

I just noticed this... I wonder if the children have *ever* been officially cleared?

"The couple's three grown children have not been eliminated as suspects, though Sills pointed out there is no evidence linking them to the murders, according to the paper."

Report: Elderly Ga. couple likely knew killers, sheriff says

I just noticed this... I wonder if the children have *ever* been officially cleared?

"The couple's three grown children have not been eliminated as suspects, though Sills pointed out there is no evidence linking them to the murders, according to the paper."

Report: Elderly Ga. couple likely knew killers, sheriff says
He has said many times they passed polygraph and I dont recall what else, might want to annalyze SS statements further huh?

I do think he may have also said, but "I never say never"............since there are no suspects ..........really IMO .....no one is cleared.....

He has said many times they passed polygraph and I dont recall what else, might want to annalyze SS statements further huh?

I do think he may have also said, but "I never say never"............since there are no suspects ..........really IMO .....no one is cleared.....
I believe that as well, if they don't KNOW what/who happened exactly, in any given case, then how can they 'clear' anyone.. unless they've got an ironclad alibi, but even then, who is to say they didn't 'arrange' it.. at least SS is intelligent enough to 'never say never'!!!

I assumed they wrapped the head in a towel taken from the powder room, one of those used to block the blood flow out the garage door. Remember SS said there was a circular blood stain on the garage floor but it was a little larger than a head - possibly a blood soaked towel wrapped around a head? Also, SS has said repeatedly that he believes SD was killed elsewhere precisely for the reason you mention - there would be spatter everywhere from her head bludgeoning, and none was found. No evidence that either SD or RD had a heart attack, although the autopsy showed he had significant arterial blockage.
I believe that as well, if they don't KNOW what/who happened exactly, in any given case, then how can they 'clear' anyone.. unless they've got an ironclad alibi, but even then, who is to say they didn't 'arrange' it.. at least SS is intelligent enough to 'never say never'!!!
RIGHT!

Good point about the towel, I had just imagined the blood pooled but we know they had to carry that away IN SOMETHING or blood would be dripping everywhere............ugh, horrible thought!

I would use a garbage bag or perhaps 3. This past 4th I roasted an entire Pig on Lake Oconee for 12 hours. The vet that owns the property removed the pigs head and put it an a garbage bag to drive downtown and feed the homeless.

Good point about the towel, I had just imagined the blood pooled but we know they had to carry that away IN SOMETHING or blood would be dripping everywhere............ugh, horrible thought!

Is it possible for a person to pass a polygraph if said person has been hypnotized?
Can a person be hypnotized to "block out/ forget" a period of time?

Just wondering
I would guess yes, Ive heard you can brainwash yourself too, so that would require lying t yourself over and over I guess

2 males and 1 female. Yes this case will be solved. It might take 5 more years but it will be solved. I’ll be at the lake soon and will do my Go Pro jet ski tour.

interesting. just curious but what has led you to believe the sexes to specifically be 2 males and 1 female?

Got a quote on the number he checked? I’m about to buy at Lake Burton. Did you know that Georgia Power will be leasing my dock to me and they won’t allow a security camera to be installed. It has to be installed on the house which is over 78 feet from the dock. Did you also know that’s why the cameras aren’t on the dock? He is talking about security cameras on houses pointing at the lake. He found one camera that pointed at a dock but not the Dermonds dock because that’s illegal.

You can’t put up security cameras on the dock because technically that’s not your land. You lease it from Georgia Power.

I’ve seen one camera on a dock. I thought you lived at Sinclair? How is that possible when you don’t know the rules?

From the first screenshot posted, it says, "At least one neighbor's security camera is now in the hands of the FBI.

"We discovered some cameras that are pointing out towards the lake...one of them we've already gone through. It had a great picture of their dock, but not the area in question," Sills said."

This suggests that at *least* one neighbor's security cam was at that time in the hands of the FBI, but not necessarily the *only* one that would have been handed over to FBI. Also, in the second paragraph, it states that 'some cameras' (definitely plural) were discovered which were pointing out towards the lake, not just the one which SS had already gone through by the time he made the statement in this article.

In the second screenshot posted, wherein it states 'security or surveillance cameras may not be attached to the exterior of residences or accessory buildings or structures', this specifically refers to 'land owned by GP', which the Dermonds' property was *not* owned by Georgia Power. There was no mention of any such leases on any of their various property listings which can still be found online from when their home was for sale.

The Dermonds purchased their property/built their home some 14+ years prior to their demise.. I'm assuming many of the others in the GW community did also. Whatever laws/rules/regs were in effect at that time, would likely be grandfathered for those earlier owners, at least until such time as their properties might sell to different owners. The screenshot posted refers to rules for new construction today. So rules might very well be different in that regard.

I don't think anyone said anything specifically or exclusively about security cams which were installed ON the docks, but rather perhaps, pointing OUT to the docks/lake. When I posted saying I hoped that any existing security footage was viewed for activity, I meant like out on the water, not specifically pointing AT the Ds' dock. Such as sometimes a security cam might happen to inadvertently catch a certain vehicle on a public roadway, even though the owner of the camera had it pointed at their own property - the roadway, or waterway in this case, could have been caught in the footage, and ended up catching something very important.

“Even though video surveillance cameras were just as popular five years ago as they are today when many homeowners, the Dermonds did not have any installed inside or outside their home. [My note: we know this is false, because it has been spoken about that the Ds' had a security system inside their home, and their son mentioned that his parents were religious about setting arming it.]

And neither did any of their closest neighbors. [My note – even if the neighbors with cameras were NOT 'closest' to the Ds, their cams still may have caught boats going by, like on their way to the Ds’ house? Imo.]

“We pulled video from people who had it pointed on their docks and things of that nature, but they had their cameras pointed toward their boats,” Sills said.”

‘Somebody knows. And there’s more than one person involved in this’

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...e_oconee.pdf&usg=AOvVaw0qKe5NXVBEh638iwmSGoh4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni