Found Deceased AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone could have been following her all night waiting for when she was alone and swooped in. Could be someone known to her so she wasn’t immediately alarmed. She may have been a little intoxicated and a swift blow knocked her out. GPS disabled, shifted her to passenger side. Drove to the bayou and pushed it in. Just speculating a possible scenario
One thing this just jogged in my mind - regarding MPD immediately treating it as homicide - actually multiple things jogged in mind now, bear with me, but number one: if they saw her body and it was bound. Knocked out and tied up? Tossed in the back seat?

Number two, cannot recall: how soon was the case moved to homicide? I know they said it was just due to resource shortages, but... I have yet to see any other missing cases moved, which makes me think something was noted early, either on CCTV, or through interviews, to make them think that, and they just keep saying due to resources or just in case they have to go to court to not alarm whoever they're looking at.

Number 3, if Car 3 did something to her at the Shell to incapacitate, there would have to be 2 people. Wonder if one will squeal?

Exactly. Aside from the funeral home info (which was released in other places publicly), there hasn't been much new in the closed group, anyway.

Danni had a pile of cash at her apartment. This seems like a good time for that money to be returned to Danni. Surely the ex-boyfriend, his mother, and anyone else who cleaned out her apartment would like to return the money so it can be used to cover final resting arrangements.

One thing this just jogged in my mind - regarding MPD immediately treating it as homicide - actually multiple things jogged in mind now, bear with me, but number one: if they saw her body and it was bound. Knocked out and tied up? Tossed in the back seat?

Number two, cannot recall: how soon was the case moved to homicide? I know they said it was just due to resource shortages, but... I have yet to see any other missing cases moved, which makes me think something was noted early, either on CCTV, or through interviews, to make them think that, and they just keep saying due to resources or just in case they have to go to court to not alarm whoever they're looking at.

Number 3, if Car 3 did something to her at the Shell to incapacitate, there would have to be 2 people. Wonder if one will squeal?

It was very early on Jujy 25. Danni went missing July 17. And you are correct they kept saying resource shortages but most folks found that odd. I have been going back and reading the old threads and just saw the discussion about this.
Here is an article:
Mobile homicide investigators take over case of missing woman

Danni had a pile of cash at her apartment. This seems like a good time for that money to be returned to Danni. Surely the ex-boyfriend, his mother, and anyone else who cleaned out her apartment would like to return the money so it can be used to cover final resting arrangements.
Good point @otto it was stated the money was put aside in the event Danni returned. Of course once folks showed their dismay and outrage over Danni’s apartment being ransacked and not even held for one month with the loot found in the apartment that pile of cash suddenly turned into exactly $68 and change which a friend of Danni used to entertain her daughter. There were answers for everything.

Good point @otto it was stated the money was put aside in the event Danni returned. Of course once folks showed their dismay and outrage over Danni’s apartment being ransacked and not even held for one month with the loot found in the apartment that pile of cash suddenly turned into exactly $68 and change which a friend of Danni used to entertain her daughter. There were answers for everything.

Only someone without two pennies to rub together would describe $68 as a pile of cash.

My post for stuck in your post!!
Here is what I meant:
Agreed. Poor Daniella and the same for her daughter. She is going to be raised by folks who have stated publicly that “justice for Danni” is not important.

I'm surprised that they spent her money. How could they be so sure that she would not return after a few weeks and ask about her money and possessions?

I don't think in most scenarios the phone being lost was expected. The only way it would have been expected is if A) she dumped it herself for some reason or B) someone that she was with did something to it. I agree that people will go to strange lengths. I just feel like there's holes in literally every theory. One of them has to be right, of the many possibilities, but no matter what there's gonna be coincidence involved, which is hinky, so I can't settle on much.
I'm guessing in this case, the phone being lost in this case was expected. And I assume it was taken by 1 of the 2 parties she was with, while at Dublin's. MOO after reading various timelines it appears she tried to contact a friend after leaving Hero's Bar, and just before she arrived at Dublin's.

Case was turned over to the Homicide unit on 7/25/18–the same day ex boyfriend was released from Metro. From what I have read according to JDT, they let him out for a week before sending him to Rehab to spend time with CT.

I’m starting to think there was more than one person in one of the vehicles. DW was already lying to RC about going to get/had the phone while he was on CCTV at Shell. That’s why I think the phone was expected to be missing in this case. Another reason is this photo on ****social media and the hashtag

Edit-picture deleted. I’m not sure this is allowed

Last edited:
One of Danni's "besties" has a post on Facebook (found by searching Danniella Vian) in which she relates a story of how Danni left PF Changs "that day" and tipped her our triple the usual. I assume this girl is the bartender there during the day. That triple tip was 7$ which she gave to Cora.

I just find it really odd to need fundraising when the story all along has been that JDT is a better mom for Cora. If JDT is broke and needs donations for Cora, how is she and her husband a more stable option than the birth mother who was working a stable job, had money saved and her own place to live, etc? By all accounts, Danni had her life together and was operating on a pretty normal level, with enough prosperity that she felt generous enough to tip her friend more than normal. Yet, TT was still in her life. That remaining unstable element. He would need the money, of course.

I don't think anything she did that night with her friends matters at all other than explaining the movements of the phone. I think what happened to her, happened later that night and think more focus should be on her apartment, how it was searched and what happened to it and all of her belongings after that. What color was Danni's couch, for example?

ETA: toned it down in respect of victim friendliness.

Last edited:
If I figured this out correctly, this is the area where Danni was found submerged in her car in 30 feet of water. Maybe it helps answer the question about how fast the water was moving, what direction, what conditions influenced decomposition, what is left of Danni's body after 10 months in the bayou?

Water Station BSW 03 on the Bayou Sara

View attachment 183621

View attachment 183622

Water Station BSW18 on the Bayou Sara

View attachment 183623

Water Station BSW 19 on the Bayou Sara

View attachment 183624

BSW Stations

View attachment 183625
A drowning may not produce extensive findings. In fact, in 10 to 15% of cases, intense spasm of the larynx may even prevent water from entering the lungs.

The mechanism of drowning:

Stage 1: Surprise - lasts 5 to 10 seconds basically inactive, may inhale once or twice.

Stage 2: Respiratory arrest - lasting about one minute. Vigorous attempts to resurface. Mouth is shut.

Stage 3: Deep respiration - lasting about one minute. Take deep breaths and expel white foam to surface. Agitation ceases. Eyes and mouth open. May swallow a few times.

State 4: Respiratory arrest, 2nd. stage, lasting about a minute. Hypoxic convulsions may set in. Pupils are markedly dilated.

Stage 5: Terminal gasps, lasting for about 30 seconds (about three or four respiratory movements).

Death by drowning takes about four minutes in freshwater and about eight minutes in seawater. The less water inhaled, the greater the survival time.

In very cold water, where rapid cooling takes place resulting in hypothermia, the victim might survive longer.

A body will sink to the bottom of the water unless air is trapped in clothing. The body will float, head down, until bloating begins, at which time it will surface unless weighted down by something.

Factors used in determining the length of time a body has been submerged include:

Maceration of the skin

Cooling of the body

Rigor mortis

Livor mortis

Water temperature

Clothing

Decomposition

Adipocere formation
More graphic! details at:What do drowned bodies look like at different stages of decomposition?

One of Danni's "besties" has a post on Facebook (found by searching Danniella Vian) in which she relates a story of how Danni left PF Changs "that day" and tipped her our triple the usual. I assume this girl is the bartender there during the day. That triple tip was 7$ which she gave to Cora.

I just find it really odd to need fundraising when the story all along has been that JDT is a better mom for Cora. If JDT is broke and needs donations for Cora, how is she and her husband a more stable option than the birth mother who was working a stable job, had money saved and her own place to live, etc? By all accounts, Danni had her life together and was operating on a pretty normal level, with enough prosperity that she felt generous enough to tip her friend more than normal. Yet, TT was still in her life. That remaining unstable element. He would need the money, of course.

I don't think anything she did that night with her friends matters at all other than explaining the movements of the phone. I think what happened to her, happened later that night and think more focus should be on her apartment, how it was searched and what happened to it and all of her belongings after that. What color was Danni's couch, for example?

ETA: toned it down in respect of victim friendliness.

There's an extremely strong presumption under the law that the "best interest of the child" is living with the child's biological parents. Danni showing that she was sober/clean for 10 months (during the pregnancy), with a stable job, and her own car to be able to take her daughter places is enough evidence for any judge to determine her parental rights should be reinstated and custody should be returned to DNV. Honestly the bar here is pretty low. You have to show you're not on drugs and can mentally take care of your child. Children are only taken from parents in extreme or emergency situations - and the Court will want it to be temporary. I wish Danni had legal advice and she could have gotten her daughter back years ago.

I came here to post just this. Maybe instead of throwing Danniella's stuff out on the curb her family could have had a yard sale/estate sale to raise money for her. Surely she had clothes and shoes and books and other things that could have been sold instead of thrown out or stolen.

A drowning may not produce extensive findings. In fact, in 10 to 15% of cases, intense spasm of the larynx may even prevent water from entering the lungs.

The mechanism of drowning:

Stage 1: Surprise - lasts 5 to 10 seconds basically inactive, may inhale once or twice.

Stage 2: Respiratory arrest - lasting about one minute. Vigorous attempts to resurface. Mouth is shut.

Stage 3: Deep respiration - lasting about one minute. Take deep breaths and expel white foam to surface. Agitation ceases. Eyes and mouth open. May swallow a few times.

State 4: Respiratory arrest, 2nd. stage, lasting about a minute. Hypoxic convulsions may set in. Pupils are markedly dilated.

Stage 5: Terminal gasps, lasting for about 30 seconds (about three or four respiratory movements).

Death by drowning takes about four minutes in freshwater and about eight minutes in seawater. The less water inhaled, the greater the survival time.

In very cold water, where rapid cooling takes place resulting in hypothermia, the victim might survive longer.

A body will sink to the bottom of the water unless air is trapped in clothing. The body will float, head down, until bloating begins, at which time it will surface unless weighted down by something.

Factors used in determining the length of time a body has been submerged include:

Maceration of the skin

Cooling of the body

Rigor mortis

Livor mortis

Water temperature

Clothing

Decomposition

Adipocere formation
More graphic! details at:What do drowned bodies look like at different stages of decomposition?
Great insight! For some reason I want to think she wasn’t alive at the time the vehicle entered the water.

Last edited:
I'm surprised that they spent her money. How could they be so sure that she would not return after a few weeks and ask about her money and possessions?
I am also surprised JDT said her reason for getting everything moved out early on was because she knew DNV didn’t leave on her own and wouldn’t be back anytime soon—if she did come back she wouldn’t want to stay in the apartment alone, she would want to be with them (“in-laws”)

Case was turned over to the Homicide unit on 7/25/18–the same day ex boyfriend was released from Metro. From what I have read according to JDT, they let him out for a week before sending him to Rehab to spend time with CT.

I’m starting to think there was more than one person in one of the vehicles. DW was already lying to RC about going to get/had the phone while he was on CCTV at Shell. That’s why I think the phone was expected to be missing in this case. Another reason is this photo on ****social media and the hashtag

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member