ACTIVE SEARCH SD - Serenity Dennard, 9, Children’s Home Society, Pennington County, 3 Feb 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
MAIN STREET SQUARE IN
DOWNTOWN RAPID CITY
Located in the heart of Downtown Rapid City, Main Street Square is a fun-filled public space that features special events, arts and culture, live concerts, seasonal ice skating and interactive fountains. Surrounded by the City of Presidents, boutiques, eateries and galleries, Main Street Square is a destination the whole family can enjoy.

Sunday will be Serenity's 10th birthday!!

Serenity Dennard Balloon Release

Sunday, May 12, 2019 from 3-4pm

http://mainstreetsquarerc.com/
They're now going to blow bubbles instead, due to concerns for the environment with releasing balloons.

Serenity Dennard Birthday
May 12 | 3 to 4 p.m.Please join us at Main Street Square we will be blowing bubbles in honor for Serenity Dennard's 10th Birthday. Everyone is welcome.

They're now going to blow bubbles instead, due to concerns for the environment with releasing balloons.

May 12 | 3 to 4 p.m.Please join us at Main Street Square we will be blowing bubbles in honor for Serenity Dennard's 10th Birthday. Everyone is welcome.

Good on the Senator for listening to the concerns over the balloon release.

Good on the Senator for listening to the concerns over the balloon release.
And good on the 1000+ people who emailed her and voiced their concerns.

<modsnip: unnecessary>

Too bad she didn't take it a step further and say there would be no balloons released instead of saying no balloons would be provided but if people wanted to bring them and release them, that was up to them.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a lovely thought but I doubt seriously that anyone who kept a little girl unrelated to them this long would just hand her back.
You never know and maybe a relative/friend seeing her would call the authorities. My feeling is if someone took her, they would move out of state. How does an Amber Alert work? Is it nationwide??

You never know and maybe a relative/friend seeing her would call the authorities. My feeling is if someone took her, they would move out of state. How does an Amber Alert work? Is it nationwide??
For an Amber alert, the police must confirm that an abduction has taken place and there has to be descriptive information about the captor or the captor's vehicle. She doesn't meet the criteria.

Not political. I knew when I read this the other day, the environmental/bird/fish/animal, etc. concern over balloons would be raised and probably two sides would result. Not that I do not think it is a concern, just that I was waiting to see it and that we knew it would be raised and I was surprised a balloon release was even okay and knew it would turn into something else (I think most all of us know that). Staying within guidelines, I hope, I am not going there of what my opinion is. Not touching politics. My first comment regarding her birthday actually--my point is not political whatsoever so I hope this fits TOS--I am happy this case has this attention and her birthday is going to be the day for a community event for her.

I love that this is being done for Serenity on her birthday by so many that care and call attention to her case.

This case in the beginning I thought was going to die right out and not reach a few pages or a second thread for sure. It was one of those like why continue to check it, sad to say, I even started to feel like that but it bothered me greatly that it had no attention it seemed whatsoever. No matter the reasons, it has some attention now and anyone that helped bring that helped do it I think. I could care less about politics with regard to this child or who or the reasons. MSM basically never covered this case but that is true these days in many it seems, regardless. Had someone not put it on here, I would never have likely known about this child missing. I did not know who this senator was and I did not even know if she was one party or the other but she brought some much needed attention to this case and gave many answers about this child and her life. Like them, understand or judge them we all have differing opinions but most of Serenity's parents she talked with when people were saying on here, why was she at the home, who is this child, what was her life like, etc., including me, we wanted to know more about this child, and there were not many people on here initially. It was a bit of time but probably due to trying to hang on and care about a case with no interest and hardly any news, here and elsewhere, it it finally got more notice by people, then this senator gets involved, and she provided answers and most of Serenity's parents contributed to telling us those answers and talked to her. I also thought the senator did well in that she put not a one of them through heck but just let them tell things in an effort for the sake of this child and I think most of the parents care. Besides my point though and I am actually a person who will not even comment about what I think politically. This is about Serenity. I think had this case died without interest, it would not have happened quite likely. I think the fact some did not let it go in this forum, etc. resulted in it getting more attention.

I do not care about the politics or why of anyone's reasons or how it came about, I just care about answers for this child. Some things should be above and beyond politics, etc. If your neighbor's child goes missing but they are a neighbor who you are unhappy with over other things due to their dogs roaming and chasing your cat or chickens or some such, or you are on opposite sides of issues with your town board, your driveway, etc. would you be there if something like this happened and they had a child missing? I would sure hope so and I would if I could. Human compassion?

I hope this stays within TOS. My point is politics to heck with them here. Let them find Serenity, a child who is missing.

If the fund goes dry to finish a thorough search of the area she could have reached, I think donating from people that care, the home and even other organizations and want the same answers could result as long as people are assured the funds are going to the search and nowhere else. regardless of politics. Not about politics. Imo.

I would hope we all want the same thing, ideally Serenity safe, not sure that is likely, but at least answers.

I was due to go on for a bit, and write a book, I don't for a long time and then I need to release a bit I guess, sorry. And sorry for the very lengthy post.

Serenity, I hope whether you are here on earth or above, you see those that have come to care for you, regardless of anything, most just want you found and/or answers I hope and believe. I think we all have that in common.

Jmho.

For an Amber alert, the police must confirm that an abduction has taken place and there has to be descriptive information about the captor or the captor's vehicle. She doesn't meet the criteria.
Thanks!I thought an Amber Alert went out for any missing child, not just an abducted one. This is news to me.

t3346.gif

t4524.gif
F
or Serenity
t4524.gif

The search continues for Serenity Dennard on Saturday
[...]

The K9 teams covered a lot of ground on Friday, but there are still no signs of the missing 9-year-old. Six K9 teams and a team of people are continuing their search on Saturday, in a two-mile radius of the Black Hills Children's Home.

60111073_2390463694349041_5986137602539913216_n.jpg

[...]

Pennington County Sheriff's Office

Last edited:
Happy Birthday Serenity!

I hope you are found soon and am sad you aren't able to celebrate with your loved ones. So many strangers care about you too!

I am grateful to all of you here for Serenity. I am not local but as a SD resident, I wish more was covered nationally early on just in case. There are still a lot of people that don't know Serenity is missing or is still missing. If she is out there somewhere, awareness may help find her. Maybe someone will spot her somewhere and report it or help her.

I initially thought she would be found deceased outside in the BHCH area but at this point she hasn't been. We really don't know for sure what happened to Serenity, so I am grateful for those still trying to get Serenity's story out there. I know the chances of her being alive aren't high but I keep hope anyway. I believe even if she was picked up, that unless it was by someone who cared for her, the chances of her being safe are slim but again I keep hoping for Serenity to be safe.

No matter what though, I hope Serenity is found. Her story breaks my heart. She deserved better!

I wonder if they'll do more searches in that area. I'm convinced she's simply not there.

I am one that was never sure that I thought she was in the woods; however, I have no way of knowing that, just a probably unreliable gut feeling based on the various contradictory info as well as little info in the beginning.

I do, however, want them to finish the search of all areas they think she could have reached in the time frame, at her age and based on her clothing and the weather.

I also would hope there comes a point if this case goes cold that a bit more information is released and camera footage if any, etc. of this child that day or even the day before. She had clothing and other personal items at the home right? Were any of those missing? Where was her coat? In her room? In the gym? Etc. I personally still find it odd she was wearing winter boots in the gym, others do not but I guess it just depends on how one pictures things and even our ages. In my time era, no way would you ever be allowed in anything but gym shoes on a gym floor. Perhaps just to walk in but not for a gym type class or sport or play. There is so very much unknown and of course we do not know it nor are provided it, it is not our right to have it.

I also hope that people in the area in nice weather will hike it if it is the type of thing and place they are capable of taking a hike in, or are an experienced and avid hiker, and if she is not found when these full searches conclude, she still may be found by someone else if there.

If someone took her or hurt her or did away with her, I hope they are caught and they rot. If she ran and died from exposure or accident, I hope she is found and laid to rest.

I also hope that her loss if she is gone results in some serious changes.

Just my opinion though.

Happy Birthday Sweet Child.

I have not thought she was for sure in the woods either, but I think the cadaver dogs picking up something (last weekend?) is probably not a good sign. Were they used again this weekend?

*sorry i stopped being so lazy and read the article. Yes dogs were used again. Do we know if they found the scent this time?

I have not thought she was for sure in the woods either, but I think the cadaver dogs picking up something (last weekend?) is probably not a good sign. Were they used again this weekend?

*sorry i stopped being so lazy and read the article. Yes dogs were used again. Do we know if they found the scent this time?
But that scent could be from another dead body that was found there a few years ago so..................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member