CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange Co, 27 Jul 2009 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only time I have seen the word "cleared" used in this case is in regard to the hairdresser and her husband.

"The three daughters told police initially they suspected Bob Harrod’s barber – a woman who attended their mother’s funeral in 2008 – of some connection with the disappearance. Police have cleared the barber and her husband of any connection with the case."

A few things from the Disappeared episode.

The police report, which has been posted, states that JeM saw a black Chevy Tahoe (the kind of vehicle the hairdresser owned) drive slowly past Mr. Harrod's house a few times over a 10 minute period.

The Disappeared episode did not use a black Chevy Tahoe to depict the drive-by. They used a white SUV.

Also said in the Disappeared episode, "the hairdresser (real name) states she did not drive by Bob's house that day, and police are able to confirm her alibi."

Vanished: Millionaire newlywed, 81, still missing – Orange County Register
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C7KZDWG

This is what I understand the situation to be as well. I spent the day, watching news reports, youtubes, and reading blogs, and didn't find any reference to the claim that the family had been cleared "on national TV". I would think that would be an important fact to note in telling Bob's story. Though, all sources noted the barber had been cleared.
Thank you, Angelo, for digging!

The stylist appears to have been more caring and loving of Bob and the late Mrs. Harrod than some of the family members, in my opinion. Of course, I can't imagine trashing my missing/dead parent on a social media board anyway. Who airs their dirty laundry in such a despicable way?

IDR anyone being cleared save for the stylist whom the family were trying to place the blame for Bob's disappearance.
The irony.
Maybe, someone promised someone future $$$ to do this. The timeline is so narrow as to be unreal! I'm very anxious to hear who these "associates" are that are current POI's. Someone doesn't just go in, abduct and kill an associate/friend without a motive. It's really stretching the imagination. I'm not saying it's not possible, but it's low on the list of probabilities.

Why on earth would Je take time out of his limited reno/repair schedule to make a trip to a store to fetch paper plates, of all things? I believe I read somewhere that he had gone to a pharmacy to pick up a prescription? I wonder if LE followed up on this earlier trip to the store and checked out the receipt as to time and what exact items were purchased? Or did it not seem important at the time, since Je was admitting to having done so?

I'm wondering if perhaps some kind of over-the-counter medication was purchased which would have rendered B groggy... such as Benadryl or Nyquil or something.
It was also stated that he brought coffee and donuts back for Bob. Many of us shared your concern and believed he tampered with the coffee.

I'm thinking the fam likely never thought for a minute that Fontelle would have still made the trip back to Placentia, knowing that B had gone missing. Much easier and simpler to get someone out of a home you do not want them to be in, if they never arrive at all. That could explain the timing of a couple of days prior to Fontelle's expected arrival. I wonder if any of the sisters were shocked that Fontelle went ahead and proceeded with her plans to arrive to Placentia and move into the home, regardless that B had 'disappeared'?
They were very unhappy about her return and sought legal help to prevent access to the house.

That would be interesting to know if forensics were done on them, because from following other cases, I believe trace evidence can still sometimes be found on washed items. I wonder if the linens were washed at B's home, or if they were taken to Ju's home to wash?
I would bet money that they were destroyed. Jmo

I'm going to be very happy, if the people involved aren't "involved" with the family in any way. It will go a long way to restore my faith in humanity. It would cert
ainly be a wild coincidence, considering what was going on at the time he "disappeared". It would be great to learn that certain people are just rotten human beings, but not murderers.

Well, well,well. I did notice msm did not indicate if the two people arrested and later released we're current or former residents of Placentia. That would make a big difference.

Now to catch up on the thread.

~BBM~

The police didn't say the family was not involved. What they said is the two "associates" who were arrested and released were not family members.

This. Thank you for your accuracy detailing the msm dpm linked.

DPM, you look fantastic! Even Roberta looks better than she used to. Everyone deserves answers, and the truth about what happened to Bob the day he vanished hasn't changed.

Praying answers are close, very close.

Police in Placentia revealed late last month they’d recently identified and arrested two residents in connection with the 2009 crime, but later released those people — who they’d dubbed “persons of interest” — pending further investigation.
The two people have not been named and police have withheld information surrounding the circumstances of their arrests.
Man, 81, Married High School Sweetheart After Reconnecting with Her — and Went Missing Weeks Later

Imo, sounds like the police brought two people to the police station to be questioned, interrogated and frightened them, but the perps wouldn't snitch on each other. I can't find any article that states the two people were not Bob's relatives.

It's in the video.

After 10 years, I think it's pretty clear LE is not going to clear up the timeline discrepancies. We won't learn the truth about the timeline until it's revealed at trial. Let's hope being ready for charges is right around the corner.

Ffs, there is no msm indicating the family was cleared. The poster who made that statement embellished on what was stated in the video she linked. All the msm video said was that the two associates arrested and later released were not family.

If the two persons arrested and later released are actually responsible for Bob's disappearance my heart is just going to break for all the anguish and animosity they caused between Fontelle and Bob's daughters. In fact, it really weighs heavy on my heart now. So unnecessary when time and energy......

Damn it Bob, where are you? It's time you are found.

I have lots more to say, but until LE names the two POI's recently arrested and released, we can't discuss them per tos.

Ffs, there is no msm indicating the family was cleared. The poster who made that statement embellished on what was stated in the video she linked. All the msm video said was that the two associates arrested and later released were not family.

If the two persons arrested and later released are actually responsible for Bob's disappearance my heart is just going to break for all the anguish and animosity they caused between Fontelle and Bob's daughters. In fact, it really weighs heavy on my heart now. So unnecessary when time and energy......

Damn it Bob, where are you? It's time you are found.

I have lots more to say, but until LE names the two POI's recently arrested and released, we can't discuss them per tos.

BBM Yup, I knew that, and my point's been made. It's the kind of garbage this case has been flooded with since day 1. I believe it's part of the reason the police haven't been able to solve this case to this point. At every turn, when things begin to head a certain direction, blockades are put up.

The anguish and animosity between the 2 families was there before Fontelle returned from MO. IMO it's why the family hasn't been cleared. $$$ is a powerful motivator in this case.

Having heard the POI's are locals, I have a couple of things running through my head on this, but like you I'll wait.

No matter how impatient we are to learn who these POI's are, and what was their motive, Fontelle must be beside herself to put Bob's killers behind bars.
Tonight, I've been praying for Fontelle, and that justice comes quickly now.
She's suffered long enough.

Jumping off from your post, MaryNo, it suddenly occurred to me that the narrow window of time was intentional so as to establish someone's alibi. Meaning, Bob's disappearance was no accident, but a premeditated crime. The two individuals who were recently arrested and released, IMHO, were the actual perpetrators, who were paid by the true instigator of the crime. These POIs were interrogated and then released possibly due to lack of evidence and/or allowing them to stew about jail time, which is a great persuader as to giving up the name of the person who hired them. Again, the narrow window of time stands out to me, as though it was deliberate, making the crime "impossible" for someone in Bob's immediate circle to commit. How quickly could Bob move? Would he been able to walk out the back door and then (improbably) walk through some magical trap door? In my opinion, he didn't. MaryNo's post gave me a deja vu moment, as though I've seen this before. "Impossible" crime for so-and-so to commit because the person had receipts from a store or fast food restaurant proving that they weren't anywhere near the crime scene, when in fact, they hired someone to do the crime. Off hand I can't recall another case, but I've seen enough on ID, 48 Hours, Forensics File, etc., to say it has been done before, and most were caught because the hired perps turned over on the person paying them. In my opinion only, the perps were waiting for a signal from the real instigator of the crime that the "coast was clear" to go and get Bob. Given that two people could have entered the house, pointed a gun at Bob and made him come with them in less than fifteen minutes, IMHO that is what happened. Whether they tied him up, taped his mouth, or merely pointed a gun in his ribs and "walked" him to their vehicle, IDK. That would account for the lack of blood. The perps could have killed and disposed of Bob elsewhere. Or, Bob could have had a mental breakdown and simply walked away and disappeared. I haven't been able to get through all of the threads, and so I'm not familiar with the environs of Bob's house or how close his neighbors were. I'm assuming there are trees, outbuildings, a garden, etc, so he may have walked away without being seen if he had gone out the back. I just don't know, but I imagine someone on this thread knows the answer to this question. I just hope one day Bob will be found and the mystery of what happened to him will be put to rest.

Bob's family took the person/s I believe were arrested and released to court after Bob's disappearance. There is no way they would have paid them to disappear Bob, and then later take them to court. Bashing Bob and refusing to answer basic questions, along with refusing to cooperate with police may have been what caused this case to be prolonged as long as it has.

The time line isn't as narrow as it appears. There is conflicting information in msm about the timeline, and it appears to be purposely left muddied.

Bob had very few associates, even fewer that are still in Placentia. Imvho, the love of Bob's money, more than Bob is the number one factor on why this case hasn't been solved. Hopefully, those not involved will finally decide to fully cooperate with LE to get this case solved and get justice for Bob.

We never did find out if any neighbors had surveillance video.........

Last edited:
Jumping off from your post, MaryNo, it suddenly occurred to me that the narrow window of time was intentional so as to establish someone's alibi. Meaning, Bob's disappearance was no accident, but a premeditated crime. The two individuals who were recently arrested and released, IMHO, were the actual perpetrators, who were paid by the true instigator of the crime. These POIs were interrogated and then released possibly due to lack of evidence and/or allowing them to stew about jail time, which is a great persuader as to giving up the name of the person who hired them. Again, the narrow window of time stands out to me, as though it was deliberate, making the crime "impossible" for someone in Bob's immediate circle to commit. How quickly could Bob move? Would he been able to walk out the back door and then (improbably) walk through some magical trap door? In my opinion, he didn't. MaryNo's post gave me a deja vu moment, as though I've seen this before. "Impossible" crime for so-and-so to commit because the person had receipts from a store or fast food restaurant proving that they weren't anywhere near the crime scene, when in fact, they hired someone to do the crime. Off hand I can't recall another case, but I've seen enough on ID, 48 Hours, Forensics File, etc., to say it has been done before, and most were caught because the hired perps turned over on the person paying them. In my opinion only, the perps were waiting for a signal from the real instigator of the crime that the "coast was clear" to go and get Bob. Given that two people could have entered the house, pointed a gun at Bob and made him come with them in less than fifteen minutes, IMHO that is what happened. Whether they tied him up, taped his mouth, or merely pointed a gun in his ribs and "walked" him to their vehicle, IDK. That would account for the lack of blood. The perps could have killed and disposed of Bob elsewhere. Or, Bob could have had a mental breakdown and simply walked away and disappeared. I haven't been able to get through all of the threads, and so I'm not familiar with the environs of Bob's house or how close his neighbors were. I'm assuming there are trees, outbuildings, a garden, etc, so he may have walked away without being seen if he had gone out the back. I just don't know, but I imagine someone on this thread knows the answer to this question. I just hope one day Bob will be found and the mystery of what happened to him will be put to rest.

Bob's family took the person/s I believe were arrested and released to court after Bob's disappearance. There is no way they would have paid them to disappear Bob, and then later take them to court. Bashing Bob and refusing to answer basic questions, along with refusing to cooperate with police may have been what caused this case to be prolonged as long as it has.

The time line isn't as narrow as it appears. There is conflicting information in msm about the timeline, and it appears to be purposely left muddied.

Bob had very few associates, even fewer that are still in Placentia. Imvho, the love of Bob's money, more than Bob is the number one factor on why this case hasn't been solved. Hopefully, those not involved will finally decide to fully cooperate with LE to get this case solved and get justice for Bob.

We never did find out if any neighbors had surveillance video.........

Their usage of the word, "associates", broadens the suspect list if we go with the "I'll give you ___ now, and ___ after the job is done." I'm really leaning heavily on this theory. I can even make a list of people, and motives for this, without family involvement. The problem is the pesky timeline. @Pipsissiway_Potts

I can't figure out how the two who were sued could have done this given the shaky timeline, and their ironclad alibis. I can't figure out a motive for their involvement. And yes, I'd like to know why nothing showed up on security cameras, unless that neighborhood is so safe, there weren't any. @Cubby

With that being said, I still bounce back and forth between these two theories.

@Laughing I brought this over, so maybe someone here could answer your question. I believe Bob is a good distance from his house, so for me this would be a good place to hide him. Others believe he's on one of the hills. I think Coyote Canyon continually came to mind back then, but I don't know why that came to me. I didn't even know there was a canyon by that name lol The name still sticks in my head.
You said this location is over 2 miles from Bob's house.
KCSO investigating skeletal remains found on Lost Hills Road

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member