Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #5 *STEPDAD ARRESTED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neighbor's surveillance video shows stepfather alone same day of Maleah Davis' disappearance

Hmm, so more video of DV from Tuesday shows him going to his vehicle alone. Who was in the apartment and what was their status at this point?

In the video interview with the neighbor, she states she saw DV 7 p.m. Saturday smoking outside as she was leaving with her family. She said he didn't have any " bruise or anything at all" and pointed to her mid-forehead.

Report doesn't mention any surveillance video from Saturday.

If she could see that there were "no bruises or anything at all" at 7:00p.m. on Saturday, then the scratches and head bump most likely did not happen when DV disposed of dear little Maleah's body.

If she could see that there were "no bruises or anything at all" at 7:00p.m. on Saturday, then the scratches and head bump most likely did not happen when DV disposed of dear little Maleah's body.

I've questioned the timing of when the body scratches happened and when the forehead "injury" occurred, because initially here an apparently undated photo of DV's forehead "injury" was posted, then days later 4 photos were posted (undated) of the scratches. One of the four photos showed his forehead, and there was no swelling, abrasions, or dried blood evident in that photo. All these photos have been linked previously. MOO.

ETA: see photos below
"Stefania Okolie on Twitter
SCRATCHES: These are the injuries Maleah Davis’s stepdad showed up to the hospital with claiming he was knocked out for 24 hrs due to an assault. SCRATCHES, AND A FEW CUTS. We now have questionable images of him from BEFORE the attack. #Abc13 CLICK LINK https://abc13.com/5294616/
D6PDglzW0AEnpwJ.jpg
D6PDgl1XkAItt0h.jpg
D6PDglzWAAMJQtn.jpg
D6PDglyWAAA8-aR.jpg

4:16 PM - 10 May 2019

PommyMommy, Saturday at 10:41 PMReport
#951Unlike"

ETA2: compare to photo in post below, where HayLouise conveniently posted the other photo (thanks!). I don't think DV got tangled up in anything but the manure he's trying to pass off as the truth. MOO.

Last edited:
I was abused as a child and it never, ever became normal or OK. I did not ignore it. I did not participate. I was very aware of the people I brought into my son’s life when I was raising him. Sweet little Maleah was surrounded by monsters including the government agencies that released her back into her personal hell.

For the other side, my brother and I were also abused (violently, not sexually), by people who also loved us as well as they could, I think- and it was and is still confusing, and I was not sure even the worst of it was abuse until I told a therapist as an adult (he was shocked and said without question it was call dfcs, take the kids, no hesitation at all level violence and I knew in that moment looking at his face, how f’d up it was, but I had never told anyone but my mother, who came back for my brother but left me there for another several years so how bad could it be? Is what I always wondered...) ... although, no matter what anyone called it or didn’t call it I knew at twelve years old that I had to protect my little brother.

I can’t imagine not feeling that- the sense of needing to protect a child.

For the other side, my brother and I were also abused (violently, not sexually), by people who also loved us as well as they could, I think- and it was and is still confusing, and I was not sure even the worst of it was abuse until I told a therapist as an adult (he was shocked and said without question it was call dfcs, take the kids, no hesitation at all level violence and I knew in that moment looking at his face, how f’d up it was, but I had never told anyone but my mother, who came back for my brother but left me there for another several years so how bad could it be? Is what I always wondered...) ... although, no matter what anyone called it or didn’t call it I knew at twelve years old that I had to protect my little brother.

I can’t imagine not feeling that- the sense of needing to protect a child.
so sorry you went through this and probably will still struggle through it for a long time. I am in my 40s. Still coming to terms with the abuse (I've just recognized it for what it really was this year) I suffered with growing up. I think our entire culture needs a shift in our understanding if what abuse looks like. In MD's case, there was no criminal background in either parent, no drug use that I am aware of, they appeared well cared for to daycare professionals, yet that little girl lived a nightmare. As adults, we need to risk being a little uncomfortable sometimes and press the issue further. No more turning a blind eye and calling it "discipline" or cultural differences. Kids need to see that people really care what happens to them. No parenting classes. These people feel justified in what they do. Why can't we criminalize child abuse? We might take someone's parental rights, but why not jail time, a felony? If someone did these things to adults, the outcome would be different. Children need to have that same respect and protection at the least. Moo.

Thinking the same. We have blackberries on the farm, and wild rosebushes. Get too close, and that's exactly what it looks like. They'll grab you through your clothing and especially hang onto lightweight t-shirts, if you get in the midst of them. I think she's somewhere he's been before, with lots of bramble bushes. I wondered about that lake that BB2 talked about. Maybe he felt some guilt afterwards and took her there, since she'll not ever get to go with BB2 now. Lake Charles, iirc?

Actually, Lake Charles is a city in Louisiana about 30 miles across the line on IH 10. I'm so sorry she won't get to go there. but I believe she is in a far better place now. May sound trite, but that's what I believe. God bless her little soul.

Good morning Websleuths. Came for any updates. Read through discussion.

Very much agree with all who posted that as far as they can tell LE is doing a good job. They've been on this vigorously since day one and I have a real hope things are a lot less confusing for them with all they likely know now behind the scenes.

I am also very interested to find out one day what the position is of LE towards this spokesman character.

Some comments from Tim Miller that I hadn’t seen reported before. He said this last night, after being up in the helicopter.

Still no one knows where Maleah is.

"We know she's still missing," said Tim Miller, director of Texas Equusearch. "The second fact we know is he's not telling the truth. We got to keep searching."

Miller was up in a Fort Bend County helicopter surveying new search areas looking specifically for signs of unusual burnt ground.

"He did not buy that gas can to just have the gas can," said Miller.

Miller wants to further narrow down the search area.

'We know she's still missing' | Stepfather in Maleah Davis case due back in court

We know she's still missing," said Tim Miller, director of Texas Equusearch. "The second fact we know is he's not telling the truth. We got to keep searching."

Miller was up in a Fort Bend County helicopter surveying new search areas looking specifically for signs of unusual burnt ground.

"He did not buy that gas can to just have the gas can," said Miller.

Miller wants to further narrow down the search area.

'We know she's still missing' | Stepfather in Maleah Davis case due back in court

KHOU verifies that BB did attend father's funeral and that search is not over.

VERIFY: Was Maleah's Davis' mother attending a funeral when the child disappeared?
This says they verified BB was present for funeral on 4/27/2019. This is the first we’ve heard that she was out of town on that date, right?

Edited to add: From article...
”Is it true that Maleah Davis' mother was in Massachusetts attending a funeral the week her daughter disappeared?"

KHOU 11 News reached out to Harrell Funeral Home in Springfield, Mass. Ron Harold there said, yes, Maleah's mother Brittany Bowens attended her father (removed name) funeral on Saturday, April 27.

Bowens says she flew back to Houston the following Friday, May 3, the night before Maleah was reported missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant