IL IL - Lemont Twp, WhtFem 35-45 1174UFIL, UnkAge, Tattoos: ''Joe 64'' & ''Swe...'', Jul'79

The Doe Network

No_Image_Available_female.jpg

Unidentified Female

Date of Discovery: July 13, 1979
Location of Discovery: Lemont Township, Cook County, Illinois
Estimated Date of Death: Unknown
State of Remains: Unknown
Cause of Death: Unknown
Physical Description

** Listed information is approximate

Estimated Age: Unknown
Race: White
Height: Unknown
Weight: Unknown
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Two tattoos on her chest: "Joe 64" and "Swe..."
Dentals: Unknown
Fingerprints: Unknown
DNA: Unknown
Clothing & Personal Items

Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown
Case History

The victim's body was located near 131st Street and Will Cook Road in the Tampier Lake Forest Preserve.
Investigating Agency(s)

If you have any information about this case please contact;Agency Name: Cook County Sheriff's Police Cold Case Homicide Unit
Agency Contact Person: Detective Ditusa or Detective McGuire
Agency Phone Number: 708-786-2586
Agency Case Number: Unknown
NCIC Case Number: N/A
NamUs Case Number: Not listed
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.
Information Source(s)

Cook County Sheriff's Office Cold Case Unit

Doe Link

The Doe Network: 1174UFIL

Still no NamUs listing for this UID. Also still not listed on Illinois's website. I also could not find this person listed on Doe Network anymore. Are we sure this is still a valid UID?

Still no NamUs listing for this UID. Also still not listed on Illinois's website. I also could not find this person listed on Doe Network anymore. Are we sure this is still a valid UID?

Namus very often puts cases in its database, many years after the remains or corpses identified have been found, so it is likely that it will go well with this case too; the link is still active, so it is assumed that this woman has not yet been identified, they are solving many of these cases, I believe at least it is so.

Namus very often puts cases in its database, many years after the remains or corpses identified have been found, so it is likely that it will go well with this case too; the link is still active, so it is assumed that this woman has not yet been identified, they are solving many of these cases, I believe at least it is so.
When I click the link, I just get to the landing page, not to a profile for this person. Do you get something different?

Doe Network update page info

1174UFIL - Unidentified Female

State of Remains: Partially decomposed
Cause of Death: Strangulation

Physical Description

Sex: Female
Distinguishing Marks/Features: The name "Joe" followed by "64" beneath it was tattooed over her right breast, the letters "SWE" were also tattooed on her chest.

Identifiers

Circumstances of Discovery

Three young boys discovered the decedent's partially decomposed body in the Tampier Lake Forset Preserve near 131st Street and Will Cook Road in Lemont Township. According to a Chicago Tribune Article written in 1979, an investigator with the Sheriff's Office stated the decedent was possibly 35-45 years old.

Investigating Agency(s)

Agency Name: Cook County Sheriff's Cold Case Homicide Unit
Agency Contact Person: Unknown
Agency E-Mail: Sheriff.Coldcase(at)cookcountyil.gov
Agency Case Number: 79-854967

NCIC Case Number: Unknown

Information Source(s)
1174UFIL
Cook County Sheriff's Cold Case Unit
Chicago Tribune July 20, 1979

Admin Notes
Added: 9/28/14; Last Updated: 2/1/21

Doe Network update page info

1174UFIL - Unidentified Female

State of Remains: Partially decomposed
Cause of Death: Strangulation

Physical Description

Sex: Female
Distinguishing Marks/Features: The name "Joe" followed by "64" beneath it was tattooed over her right breast, the letters "SWE" were also tattooed on her chest.

Identifiers

Circumstances of Discovery

Three young boys discovered the decedent's partially decomposed body in the Tampier Lake Forset Preserve near 131st Street and Will Cook Road in Lemont Township. According to a Chicago Tribune Article written in 1979, an investigator with the Sheriff's Office stated the decedent was possibly 35-45 years old.

Investigating Agency(s)

Agency Name: Cook County Sheriff's Cold Case Homicide Unit
Agency Contact Person: Unknown
Agency E-Mail: Sheriff.Coldcase(at)cookcountyil.gov
Agency Case Number: 79-854967

NCIC Case Number: Unknown

Information Source(s)
1174UFIL
Cook County Sheriff's Cold Case Unit
Chicago Tribune July 20, 1979

Admin Notes
Added: 9/28/14; Last Updated: 2/1/21

Thanks @Romulus. Working with the estimated age range, (in 1979 between 35 - 45) this woman would have been born between 1934 - 1944. In 1964 (tattoo Joe, followed with 64) she would have been between 20 - 30. It's not going to help much..... between that ages the tattoo could (if it's referring to a person at all) refer to a born child, a marriage or a death remembrance.

I'm not very confident about the estimated age by the detectives to be honest. For the record: Catherine Runte was born in 1950.
Catherine A. Runte – The Charley Project

This is about where she was found. I'm going to resubmit Catherine Runte, it never hurts to try.

Hi Victoria, I wanted to ask you: are you also working for this case in doing the facial reconstruction? I believe that we should also work with Isotopes to understand where this woman could have lived or where she may have come from.

Thanks @Romulus. Working with the estimated age range, (in 1979 between 35 - 45) this woman would have been born between 1934 - 1944. In 1964 (tattoo Joe, followed with 64) she would have been between 20 - 30. It's not going to help much..... between that ages the tattoo could (if it's referring to a person at all) refer to a born child, a marriage or a death remembrance.

I'm not very confident about the estimated age by the detectives to be honest. For the record: Catherine Runte was born in 1950.
Catherine A. Runte – The Charley Project

She does not mention any tattoos on Catherine Runte's profile, unless the tattoos were made afterwards immediately after she disappeared.

Hi Victoria, I wanted to ask you: are you also working for this case in doing the facial reconstruction? I believe that we should also work with Isotopes to understand where this woman could have lived or where she may have come from.
I'm not working on this case, I just came across it while looking for another Doe case in Illinois.

Interesting tattoos. Do we know for sure whether it’s “SWE” or “Swe...”?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood
Back