CANADA Canada - QC - Lucie Gelinas, 21, Trois-Rivieres, 23 April 1973

NJEverCurious

Reaction score
Lucie Gélinas was last seen on April 23, 1973, in Trois-Rivières, Quebec. She was supposed to go to Vancouver with a friend. Investigations were conducted and the location of Ms. Gélinas and her friend have been unsuccessful.

• Missing since April 23, 1973
  • Year of birth 1951
  • Age at disappearance 21
  • Gender Female
  • Bio group - White
  • Eye colour - Greenish-Blue
  • Hair - Brown, Long
  • Teeth - Protruding Uppers
  • Height 165cm / 5 ft 5 in
  • Weight 54kg / 119lb
  • Build Medium
  • Complexion - Light/Fair
  • Scar - Abdomen, liver surgery
Listed on Canada's Missing

This MP has been mentioned on a number of Websleuths threads as a possible match for several UID's, including Eklutna Annie, but I think she deserves her own thread. Here's hoping she will be found!

You know, it could just be...

I am going to do some digging to see if I can find any more info about the friend.
I was intrigued by the fact that the Canadian MP page seems to indicate the location of the friend is unknown, but the page states, "This case has 1 Missing persons." I found the wording of that sentence odd ("Investigations were conducted and the location of Ms. Gélinas and her friend have been unsuccessful."); I copied and pasted it from the linked page. I wonder whether it may have been written by a non-native English speaker (since it's in Quebec) and perhaps the friend isn't missing at all. Possible language barrier issue?

Yes that's the one :)
Wow. When I saw that they were found near I-95 and I looked at a map of I-95 versus Trois-Rivieres, I could immediately see how possible that match might really be.

Interestingly - and I realize this is some sort of bias on my part - I assumed the "friend" she was supposed to meet would have been female. But perhaps the friend was male.

Great observation, sloane7777!

Have you found any info on the friend? I had a tough time even finding info on the MP, apart from what's on Canada's Missing.

I found info on the Sumter County victims on one of those websites we aren't allowed to link to here on WS. It looks like that pair may have had connection to Arizona, Idaho, Nebraska, Florida, Washington, and/or Oregon. However, there was a witness who said he had met this pair and that the male UID had introduced himself as "Jock" (possibly Jacques) and said they had left his Canadian family (emphasis mine). Per the witness, "He claimed that was estranged from his father, who was a well-known wealthy doctor, for not wanting to pursue a career in the medical field."

This is the friend Lucie went missing with:
Guy Carignan
I remember looking at them for the Sumter does a long time ago, but not sure it was followed up on.
He's missing date is listed as 28, instead of 23, not sure which one is correct, but he wasn't reported missing until 1980 so may be an approximate.
showImage

Just checked Namus, looks like the Sumter Does have only been compared to the McMinns and Rebecca Doisy.
But the female has "No surgical scars" in her report, that would rule out Lucie I guess.
Maybe the Sumter female was too decomposed to see scars clearly? I don't know if I would necessarily say that rules Lucie out.

This is the friend Lucie went missing with:
Guy Carignan
I remember looking at them for the Sumter does a long time ago, but not sure it was followed up on.
He's missing date is listed as 28, instead of 23, not sure which one is correct, but he wasn't reported missing until 1980 so may be an approximate.
showImage
Oh my goodness. The Sumter County male looks a lot like him.

Maybe the Sumter female was too decomposed to see scars clearly? I don't know if I would necessarily say that rules Lucie out.

They'd just died within hours, so no.
However "Jock" Doe is listed as having a "four-inch linear surgical scar on lower right abdomen" (NAMUS) and "appendectomy scar" (Doe Network.)
I was actually thinking the other day when looking at Lucie I hope they didn't mix that detail up.

I think Guy's facial features look more sculpted than Jocks and the noses don't match.
But his hair parting goes the same way and they appear to have similar foreheads. We also can't compare their eyebrows due to Guy's glasses.

Perhaps you want to post your possible match(es) to their thread if you haven't already, and see what others think.

Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - #6

They'd just died within hours, so no.
However "Jock" Doe is listed as having a "four-inch linear surgical scar on lower right abdomen" (NAMUS) and "appendectomy scar" (Doe Network.)
I was actually thinking the other day when looking at Lucie I hope they didn't mix that detail up.

I think Guy's facial features look more sculpted than Jocks and the noses don't match.
But his hair parting goes the same way and they appear to have similar foreheads. We also can't compare their eyebrows due to Guy's glasses.

Perhaps you want to post your possible match(es) to their thread if you haven't already, and see what others think.

Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - #6
Somehow I missed that they had died within hours. Thanks for mentioning that. I actually reached out to the Canadian LE and the NamUs contact for the Does and advised of the potential matches. Haven't gotten any reply so far.

Bumping..
Canada's Missing | Case details
Case reference: 2015050297
Lucie Gélinas was last seen on April, 23, 1973, in Trois-Rivières. She was supposed to go to Vancouver with a friend. Investigations were conducted and the location of Ms. Gélinas and her friend have been unsuccessful.

Missing from Trois-Rivières, Québec

Missing
GELINAS, Lucie

Missing since
April 23, 1973
Year of birth
Age at disappearance
Bio group
White
Eye colour
Greenish-Blue
Hair
Brown, Long
Teeth
Protruding Uppers
Height
165cm / 5 ft 5 in
Weight
54kg / 119lb
Build
Medium
Complexion
Light/Fair

Bumping..
Canada's Missing | Case details
Case reference: 2015050297
Lucie Gélinas was last seen on April, 23, 1973, in Trois-Rivières. She was supposed to go to Vancouver with a friend. Investigations were conducted and the location of Ms. Gélinas and her friend have been unsuccessful.

Missing from Trois-Rivières, Québec

Missing
GELINAS, Lucie

Missing since
April 23, 1973
Year of birth
Age at disappearance
Bio group
White
Eye colour
Greenish-Blue
Hair
Brown, Long
Teeth
Protruding Uppers
Height
165cm / 5 ft 5 in
Weight
54kg / 119lb
Build
Medium
Complexion
Light/Fair

Thanks, dotr. Is she just too obvious for a match for the Nation River Lady? She's always the first one I think of when I think about Lucie.

It's too bad the OPP is not in the habit of posting rule outs for UIDs. It would make everyone's investigations much easier not to till old ground.

Lucie and Guy disappeared together. They are from Trois-Rivières. They wanted to go to Vancouver by car. My mom was Guy's neighbor in the 1960-1970. His family and my mom's family were friends.

Guy's parents are dead now but he still have brothers and/or sisters.

I'm new on this site so I don't understand everything that is been said on this conversation and I'm french canadian, so I'm sorry for my english.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acalvert
Back