Still Missing PA - Cassandra Gross, 51, Latrobe, 7 Apr 2018 *arrest in 2022*

This must be truly frustrating for a family knowing your loved one is almost certainly dead and there being no doubt in any reasonable persons mind who is responsible, but not having the evidence to charge him and not being able to find her remains.

I guess maybe it is better than family's who simply having no idea what happened to there loved ones if they're missing or dead or w/e, but still it has to be rough.

CASSANDRA GROSS: Estranged boyfriend of missing woman charged in connection with alleged forgery
Police have charged the estranged boyfriend of a Westmoreland County woman who went missing in April with conspiracy to commit forgery.

Thomas Stanko, who is currently incarcerated at the county prison on charges unrelated to the disappearance of Cassandra Gross, allegedly told his mother, Almira, to use his ACCESS card in order to take advantage of $1,200 in state food stamp funds, according to a criminal complaint.

He allegedly gave her the PIN to the card during a call from the jail, according to the complaint.

Judge declares missing Westmoreland County woman legally dead
A judge has officially declared a woman who has been missing since April of last year dead.

Cassandra Gross was 51 years old at the time of her disappearance in Westmoreland County last April.

The court ruling said she was declared dead as of April 7, 2018.

The judge said it is believed Gross is a victim of homicide.

Investigators search 2 Westmoreland spots, 1 apparently for missing woman Cassandra Gross | TribLIVE.com

Investigators convened Thursday in two Westmoreland County spots to conduct searches, one apparently for a woman who was last seen more than a year ago.

Kathe and Harry Gross, the parents of missing Unity woman Cassandra Gross, waited along Beatty Flats Road while state police and a dog searched a wooded area off of Beatty Flats Road in Unity. Kathe Gross said she was glad troopers were searching the area.

[...]

upload_2019-4-11_23-22-5.jpegupload_2019-4-11_23-22-16.jpegupload_2019-4-11_23-22-28.jpegupload_2019-4-11_23-22-40.jpeg

There is a new metal detector that actually gives you an image of the objects underground...sort of like ground penetrating radar and it also sees voids. I just don't have the 6 grand to buy one and/or the 25 grand for a GPR to help solve cases like this.

There is a new metal detector that actually gives you an image of the objects underground...sort of like ground penetrating radar and it also sees voids. I just don't have the 6 grand to buy one and/or the 25 grand for a GPR to help solve cases like this.

This would certainly help solve at least a few cases...why does everything have to cost so much??

It costs a lot to attract the Engineering talent as well as the research and development. They want to recoup their costs and make a profit. In the process they put the price point out of the reach of those like us who self fund. I need a GPR, I need the best metal detectors, I need a large ground resistance unit and I need the software to develop 3D image of what is under the ground. I probably could help solve quite a few cases, however I am sure I will pass away still needing these tools. I'm not rich.

Jury's want a body. They want hard evidence to back their decision. They seem to struggle with "circumstantial evidence". I go back to the Holly Grimm case where everyone thought it was an ex BF or his friends/family. I could probably name a dozen other cases where everyone thought they knew who did it based on the circumstantial evidence, only to have it turn out to be someone else. As meticulous as I tend to be, I occasionally find myself getting caught up in it and have to back step. One thing I have learned is not to get blinded by what you "think" happened to the point where you fail to see other possible scenarios.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back