Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #5 *STEPDAD ARRESTED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
That little girl, I can't stop crying for that poor sweet girl. I would've taken her and loved her and kept her safe. How can people do this??? I just cant even fathom it. I hope they find her soon. This is just so incredibly heartbreaking

KPRC 2 Click2Houston
Published on May 13, 2019
PRC2 legal analyst Brian Wice took a moment to discuss some of the major developments in the case, including the charges filed against Maleah’s stepfather, his $1 million bond and other details.

Interesting he sees no possible criminal charges at this point.

BB was back in the apartment Saturday night, correct?

If so - another WTF moment for me.

She comes home, her man isn't around, her kids are MIA, the house smells like bleach, and there is blood on the floor in the hallway and bathroom.

And she waits until the next day to contact LE?

I really, all new information aside, and in spite of my outrage that she knew Maleah was being abused and left her, I still read her histrionics at the Altima to be denial slipping away. I think a person can know someone is being mistreated/abused/etc., and still move through that denial when reality kicks in. Not so much anymore.

Just histrionics to try and look like a good scared momma. The only denial she needs to work through is related to her statement that 'we're not those kind of people'.

You ARE those kind of people, BB. And it cost your darling, innocent, fragile daughter her life.

I think BB is terrified of going to prison.

Because she is culpable of something very serious we haven’t quite yet figured out. And she has more dirt on DV

I think these public videos with QX are her way of telegraphing to DV: You don’t tell on me and I won’t tell on you. That’s why QX is releasing the information before LE releases it. She want’s DV to know she knows something even worse, but DV is in a position to reveal information that would send her to prison.

And she is very very very concerned about HER public image: He’s her “fiance”. The engagement ring, supposedly catching him out on the down low, “returning the ring. He’s just a guy she shacked up with an had another baby with. She’s the one that bought the car. 99.99% sure she bought the ring herself ($39.99) and declared him a fiance, and maybe even has contributed to his rap “career”. She’s failed to fulfil the medical care for her vulnerable daughter. She’s hardly campaigned to find her. Yet she’s clearly kept her nails and her hair do up.

If LE arrested her for some lesser charge, like failure to report a crime or something, would she be required to get a public defender who would shut down this QX stuff?

@Herat I agree she bought her own ring. I think she elevated herself to the status of rapper royalty, flashing her faux stone, dramatic public appearances, hiring an advocate, when I think all she needed to do was tell the truth from the beginning.
I hope her fear is soon reality, her fear of prison.

On another note, how/why was the decision made for DV’s mom to care for the youngest child?

ETA: the photo of this dumb duo on Heavy.com shows her looking completely different. Maybe as she wishes to be?

Last edited:
I am REALLY CURIOUS... from what QX has repeated, allgedly from BB, if she told him any details that only the police know and have not told BB or anyone not working the case. I have a sneaking suspicion that she "knows" too much about the scene that only someone with direct knowledge could know.

- I'll leave at that.
Moo

BB was back in the apartment Saturday night, correct?

If so - another WTF moment for me.

She comes home, her man isn't around, her kids are MIA, the house smells like bleach, and there is blood on the floor in the hallway and bathroom.

And she waits until the next day to contact LE?

I really, all new information aside, and in spite of my outrage that she knew Maleah was being abused and left her, I still read her histrionics at the Altima to be denial slipping away. I think a person can know someone is being mistreated/abused/etc., and still move through that denial when reality kicks in. Not so much anymore.

Just histrionics to try and look like a good scared momma. The only denial she needs to work through is related to her statement that 'we're not those kind of people'.

You ARE those kind of people, BB. And it cost your darling, innocent, fragile daughter her life.
BBM

I've been mulling this part over too.

I found it ridiculous she didn't start calling police and hospitals THAT night. But to go home and have their be visible blood....I mean, maybe she didn't see it? But, really, I *truly* do not understand not being up all night looking for my kids.

I think BB is terrified of going to prison.

Because she is culpable of something very serious we haven’t quite yet figured out. And she has more dirt on DV

I think these public videos with QX are her way of telegraphing to DV: You don’t tell on me and I won’t tell on you. That’s why QX is releasing the information before LE releases it. She want’s DV to know she knows something even worse, but DV is in a position to reveal information that would send her to prison.

And she is very very very concerned about HER public image: He’s her “fiance”. The engagement ring, supposedly catching him out on the down low, “returning the ring. He’s just a guy she shacked up with an had another baby with. She’s the one that bought the car. 99.99% sure she bought the ring herself ($39.99) and declared him a fiance, and maybe even has contributed to his rap “career”. She’s failed to fulfil the medical care for her vulnerable daughter. She’s hardly campaigned to find her. Yet she’s clearly kept her nails and her hair do up.

If LE arrested her for some lesser charge, like failure to report a crime or something, would she be required to get a public defender who would shut down this QX stuff?
By her own account, she is at least guilty of child endangerment, I would think. I think I read that the sentence for felony child endangerment could be 1-10 years, but that probably depends on a lot of things.
Her advocate certainly has revealed a lot of incriminating information about her. The only reason I can think of that he would do this is because there is more to the story that is even worse, and he is trying to create a defense for her before any more details are released. Imo

Last edited:
Throughout the interview you could hear them screaming at Bowens, berating the mother and blaming her for what happened to Maleah.

At one point someone pleaded with her to confess that she somehow was involved in Maleah's disappearance.

Bowens hid behind Quanell X as the crowd went on. In between the shouts KHOU 11 News managed to get a few questions in.

When asked about discrepancies with the timeline of the trip Bowens took to Massachusetts and Maleah's disappearance, Quanell X who was speaking on behalf of Bowens, got defensive.
'Justice for Maleah' | Mob shouts at missing girl's mother after courtroom hearing

Video:
'Justice for Maleah' | Mob shouts at missing girl's mother after courtroom hearing

just got back from lunch, probably already posted by someone but was checking out DV's defense attorney (he filed an appearance this morning)

General counsel, Justice For Children, Houston, Texas — 2004 – 2011. Responsible for all aspects of litigation and legal representation for a national non-profit organization providing advocacy in cases of child abuse. Recruited, trained and assisted pro bono lawyers to represent children

Attorney Profile

curious how a guy with his background ends up defending DV?

just got back from lunch, probably already posted by someone but was checking out DV's defense attorney (he filed an appearance this morning)

General counsel, Justice For Children, Houston, Texas — 2004 – 2011. Responsible for all aspects of litigation and legal representation for a national non-profit organization providing advocacy in cases of child abuse. Recruited, trained and assisted pro bono lawyers to represent children

Attorney Profile

curious how a guy with his background ends up defending DV?
Perhaps he knows how to deal with people such as DV and he could get a confession or at minimum the location of Maleah.

Just catching up and reading backwards.

and a LOL to Texas has a few mesquite trees. Texas is covered in them. They're everywhere, even in kids parks. When you grow up around them you know that there can be thorns ( up to six inches at time) on the ground and everywhere else around the trees.

Wouldn't the hospital or LE taken photos of DV as evidence when they treated him for an attack by three men? So who took those photos someone posting online?

Our baby needs to come home. It's a shame no one can "help" DV give them a answer to where he dumped her at. He might be hoping she will be so badly decomposed that no one can see what he did to her.

The scratches look hand-made. Had he been walking through brambles, the backs of his forearms would have been plastered as he tried to protect his face.

I still feel that he may have meet up with BB on Saturday, the day after she returned from the funeral. Apart from the time spent with BB2 filling in the missing persons report, there were hours when DV and BB could have been together. Remember how staunchly she was defending him? Remember how she said that she went to the police to fill out a missing persons form, but the police said she didn't?

Could she have assisted in the head bump and scratches charade and then drove him to the hospital that night? Why would she believe the story he concocted, unless she was involved in creating the story?

BBM
Going in, he'd be carrying a body. Also, a lot of brambles and brush aren't as high as the face yet. It's very possible he did deliberately scratch and scruff himself up though.
I'd not doubt anything at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member