MI MI - Tanner Lucas, Alexander William, & Andrew Ryan Skelton, Morenci, 26 Nov 2010 #7

The information provider believes she saw a person and vehicle matching the description matching John Skelton and his van the day before the boys went missing," said lead investigator Jeremy Brewer, of Michigan State Police.

"Here we are, off the highway, and we're almost against a wooded area," Sandra said.

"Right, on a main road, just south of Morenci, maybe 30 to 40 feet off the road," Brewer said.

"You get so many tips, but what about this was different?" Sandra asked.

"No. 1, this information has never been out before," Brewer said.

Police said a woman came forward and told them she had passed by the wooded area on Thanksgiving Day in 2010 and saw a man matching John Skelton's description in a van parked on the side of the road.

"We are using the cadaver dog as a search tool to find material, and also using the side scan sonar in the pond, looking for larger objects in the pond, as well as map the bottom of the pond," said Sgt. Randy Parros, MSP marine services team commander. "It's about 14 feet deep -- the dive team has told us that based on their early scans. Visibility is pretty good. Bodies of water are very interesting to us. When a body goes missing, water is where a lot of things are found, whether that be evidence or actual bodies. Things can be weighted down so people, like hunters, can't see anything."

Tip leads investigators to Ohio pond in search for missing Skelton brothers

The information provider believes she saw a person and vehicle matching the description matching John Skelton and his van the day before the boys went missing," said lead investigator Jeremy Brewer, of Michigan State Police.
Police said a woman came forward and told them she had passed by the wooded area on Thanksgiving Day in 2010 and saw a man matching John Skelton's description in a van parked on the side of the road.
Snipped

I wonder how reliable this tip is considering how much time has passed. I don't even remember last Thanksgiving with any clarity let alone what cars or people I drove past nine Thanksgivings ago.

I won't be shocked if the boys are in the pond, but I will be surprised. Based on some of Skelton's earlier comments, I think he put the boys in a dumpster.

MORENCI, Mich. — It has been nearly nine years since three Southern Michigan boys went missing.

November 26, 2010 was the last time the Skelton brothers were seen.

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children has released age progression photos of Andrew, Alexander and Tanner Skelton. They show what the boys may look like now in 2019.

Andrew would be 17, Alexander would be 15 and Tanner would be 13.

Skelton brothers case still open, age progression photos released

New Shattered Podcast episode on missing Skelton brothers now available

Shattered: Black Friday is an 13-episode podcast investigating the disappearance of the Skelton Brothers from their home in Morenci, Michigan on Nov. 26, 2010.

The latest episode of Shattered: Black Friday is now available. Here's a preview:

The three missing boys from Morenci, Michigan have been gone for nearly a decade. Andrew, Alexander and Tanner Skelton disappeared on Black Friday of 2010...

Thanksgiving Marks Haunting Reminder Of Missing Skelton Brothers

The disappearance of three little boys in Morenci, Michigan has now remained a mystery for nine years.

Andrew, Alexander and Tanner Skelton -- ages 9, 7 and 5 at the time -- were last seen the day after Thanksgiving in 2010 in southern Lenawee County.

That's weird. That article is dated today but we were told over a year ago those remains in Montana were not connected to this case:

February 09, 2018

The remains of three children discovered in the shed of a Montana home last year are not connected to three missing brothers from Michigan.

A forensic examination of the bone fragments found they are over 99 years old, according to the Missoula County Sheriff’s Office.

“Anthropologists were conclusively able to exclude the remains of the aforementioned children,” the sheriff’s office said on Friday.

Skeleton Remains of Three Children Found in a Shed Are Not Those of Missing Brothers

Has there been any update?

No updates. The last news was of the 9th anniversary around Thanksgiving 2019.
I'm not expecting any true updates, just the occasional repetition of what we already know. Reading between the lines of Skelton's various stories and examining the known evidence paints a pretty clear picture. Skelton strangled the boys in his home with pieces of rope and then drove the boys' bodies to Ohio where he left them in a dumpster. Because the boys are deep in a landfill, they won't be found. And Skelton won't confess. This case will be stuck in neutral until the State of Michigan decides to charge Skelton with murder despite not having located the bodies.

Snipped

I wonder how reliable this tip is considering how much time has passed. I don't even remember last Thanksgiving with any clarity let alone what cars or people I drove past nine Thanksgivings ago.

I won't be shocked if the boys are in the pond, but I will be surprised. Based on some of Skelton's earlier comments, I think he put the boys in a dumpster.
Snipped

I agree that this new tip may seem to be a false lead or just unreliable, but it makes me think... As you said I don't think I would have remembered what cars or people I drove past on Thanksgiving nine years ago. With this being said, there must have been something really strange about what she saw...
I'm sure the full details given by this tipster haven't been released.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752
Back