Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #101

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’re not always accurate, and they don’t always help, but they do have tremendous value.

It’s about narrowing the focus of law enforcement, and not honing in on a particular individual.

Past cases provide clarity on recent ones.

Yep an accurate profile can take a pool of potential suspects from 100 possible poi's down to 10 more specific ones rather quickly IMO

very useful tool and one that specialized highly trained individuals have spent years studying based on various cases and perps

Last edited:
It's in a defendants best interest in large cases such as this to waive that right. That's why most murder cases take a few years, if not several.

True. But that's out of the prosecutor's control, so it seems like most of the time they prefer to have a solid case before the arrest.

Unless I am losing my mind (quite possible), 42000 was the number of tips from the beginning of the case, tip line, etc. just a few days ago. I think they updated this article and there is a typo/mistake. It was something like 42,000 since day one but 1,000 or 2,000 since the April 2019 PC.

I can take being corrected and I could be wrong but the number stood out to me a week ago because it was a really large number so I think it is the case.

The bright side if that is correct is that not every single crazy tip is being called in, nor telling them how to do their job but it would also mean they have not received as many tips.

Again, I could be wrong but every time I read it, it is the same article that had 42,000 in it previously and a smaller amount listed since the April 2019 PC. I think it is an edit/update mistake. Possibly...

ETA: Since their deaths--here is one link of several. Delphi: Over 42K tips received since Libby & Abby's death

Last edited:
We all seem to get frustrated when we go down rabbit hole after rabbit hole and still can’t come up with anything substantial. I can’t imagine what investigators and Abby & Libby’s families go through. My heart goes out to all of them ❤️

We all seem to get frustrated when we go down rabbit hole after rabbit hole and still can’t come up with anything substantial. I can’t imagine what investigators and Abby & Libby’s families go through. My heart goes out to all of them ❤️

It would be so difficult to not have closure. Must be even harder with the additional audio/video or information that the family was given.

Interesting. I didn't realize defs were the ones to prolong it.

Yup, it falls under the Sixth Amendment.

Different states have different rules in regards to what constitutes a “speedy trial,” but generally it’s two to four months.

The cases that take years to go to trial, are ones in which the defendant waives that right.

Indiana TV station from South Bend just had a very short news item clarifying about the tip line. LE is now asking that if someone calls the tip line with a person's name, the tipster should also give that person's possible connection to Delphi AND the person's current address if known.
That's very interesting. They want to know where he is NOW.

I think by now LE probably has a pretty good system for triaging all the "tips", esp. since they have all the State LE and FBI involved. I think they have a very short list of possible suspects; their biggest challenge now is finding that last bit of info that definitively links someone to the car. JMO

Does this mean crazy people have been calling in telling Investigators how to investigate?

I’m gonna solve me this here murder

Lot of moronic people out there I guess.....
They just might be obsessed with trying to solve this horror story. Everyone becomes an amateur sleuth. They are exposed to so much 'Reality TV', that they seem to meld that into their need for information. And to feel like they are helping. In some way? Not that I believe people act rationally when this involves a brutal murder. That some really do want to help. And then there's just the cookoo birds. Gotta admit, there is a percentage out there.

Or it could be any number of mental health issues. Like this BG. Would a history of any mental health warning signs (Someone a little "off"?) be remembered by people in that geographic area? Would it ring any bells/light bulb moments to anyone at all? Or is that, for, anyone at all?

Of course, taking into account that the original BG needs to become secondary. We need people to really focus on BG2 as being the prime suspect. Now, weird question.

Would LE be able to digitally reimpose the new BG into the Video stills? Would that be ethical? Would that be just another tool they could use?

I know many are stuck on 1. He just fit the original BG. How to make 2, look more like 1, in those stills? Would that even work? Does that even make sense? Would that make nailing this murderer any faster to resolve?

All supposition and my very humble opinion (MVHO) as always.
BBM

Interesting. I didn't realize defs were the ones to prolong it.

Defense attorneys seem to have a gene that makes them call for delays...hoping witnesses die, files get lost, etc...always seems like they are asking for more time to review evidence...as if the evidence will change if they keep looking at it. :)

Unless I am losing my mind (quite possible), 42000 was the number of tips from the beginning of the case, tip line, etc. just a few days ago. I think they updated this article and there is a typo/mistake. It was something like 42,000 since day one but 1,000 or 2,000 since the April 2019 PC.

I can take being corrected and I could be wrong but the number stood out to me a week ago because it was a really large number so I think it is the case.

The bright side if that is correct is that not every single crazy tip is being called in, nor telling them how to do their job but it would also mean they have not received as many tips.

Again, I could be wrong but every time I read it, it is the same article that had 42,000 in it previously and a smaller amount listed since the April 2019 PC. I think it is an edit/update mistake. Possibly...

ETA: Since their deaths--here is one link of several. Delphi: Over 42K tips received since Libby & Abby's death
Every time I watch that PC, it brings tears to my eyes. Phew. Okay, sorry, where was I?

From theindychannel:
Delphi: Over 3k tips received since new sketch released

3,000 seems like a good number. IMHO

PS. Liked your post X 100

I think by now LE probably has a pretty good system for triaging all the "tips", esp. since they have all the State LE and FBI involved. I think they have a very short list of possible suspects; their biggest challenge now is finding that last bit of info that definitively links someone to the car. JMO

Yep I'm sure they have a well organized system to organize and process tips

I just wish the public would use common sense when submitting tips by following what Investigators have actually asked for specifically

I think many people think ahhh whats the harm, I matched this poi up on social media, I don't know him and I didn't witness anything but My Hinky meter is on high alert

They don't realize that resources are being wasted to look into erroneous tips rather than using those resources in a more purposeful manner

JMO

Last edited:
Could someone please reply to this comment with a link to the most recent request for vehicle or driver tips. Not the one from the April 22nd PC, and not the clarification immediately following. This would have been within the last week.

I am guessing LE checked close by businesses and viewed their video footage in the days before the murder. He could of been out casing areas before the 13th and even doing dry runs. Surely those were checked the day of and he very well of could of hung around close by afterwards. Wonder if there is any traffic cameras in that general area ? This case is so haunting and puzzling . I do feel they're closing in on him. I don't know why I feel that way but I sure hope my gut is right.

Thanks! These two articles are very interesting and explain what I was thinking as I've been reading all the comments about the recently-released sketch of young BG. I was surprised by so many comments about "lazy eye," jaw deformities, various genetic conditions and syndromes, etc. Based on that sketch, you could conclude the perp not only has "lazy eye," but "lazy nostril," "lazy eyebrow" and "lazy ear." In other words, none of his features look symmetrical, IMO. However, I don't assume the suspect actually has such uneven features, or any medical conditions. I think it is either "artistic license," lack of attention to detail, or maybe just haste on the part of the artist. I bet the sketch artist never expected people to analyze it in such detail, think of it as a literal representation of the suspect, and draw some of the conclusions that they have. I think of the sketch of young BG as more in the style of Picasso, but many posters have analyzed it as if it were a Dzimirsky.

https://www.google.com/search?safe=active&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS810US810&q=picasso+drawing+of+human+face&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwii2pqD8__hAhVGX60KHW1IAQAQsAR6BAgJEAE&biw=1093&bih=500#imgrc=2TTxYrR36JZ1tM:
Picasso sketch

https://www.google.com/search?q=dzimirsky&safe=strict&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS810US810&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi5y_Ci8v_hAhVKI6wKHb1UAZkQ_AUIDigB&biw=1093&bih=500#imgrc=a6xAprEcrp01iM:
Dzimirsky sketch

As the articles linked in your post illustrate, there is a huge discrepancy in both artistic skill and approach among artists. The graphic artist, Park, who sketched the market thief made a humorous but insightful comment:

In revealing her identity as the artist, Park also answered a lingering question: Why does the sketch only have one ear?

“You don’t need to draw both,” she said. “You know people have two.”

MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members