Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
they may entertain a plea to take the DP off the table if he pleads guilty and leads LE to MD remains. JMO, MO
Snipped for brevity
Emph. Mine

^^^ Hopefully he'll cave in like the coward he is and do just that.
And I have no problem with DV exiting prison in a pine box.
The faster option would be better, but I'd like to see this child shown the respect she deserved but didn't receive in her short life.
And that's doubtful unless they 'bargain' with him.

If this has been answered I apologize. In the photo that is the last time she was seen, we only see Maleah and DV. Have we verified where baby brother was? He’s not in the photo. Was he at daycare? Was he inside the apartment? At 7:54am, is it possible he was left in apartment alone? I really wish we knew when BB’s flight was. Iirc a friend took BB to airport? 7:54 is pretty early, so assuming coming back from dropping baby at daycare if DV didn’t take BB? There’s so many questions that need answered.

Edit to add: If his plan was to bring her back after dropping baby at daycare, then why take her at all? Unless he had to because BB was still home when he left to drop both kids at daycare, then BB is gone by the time he gets back with Maleah alone. That’s the only thing that makes sense to me. JMO

Last edited:
Someone answered me on the previous thread that Maleah is in speech therapy. Is she able to communicate fairly well? Just trying to gage how much she may have been able to tell her mother and teachers.

I recall posts about Maleah's brain surgery last August 2018 and March 2019, and what I believe was speculation that she would require speech therapy as a result.

I don't know how we would have actual confirmation that she was receiving speech therapy, or even how verbal she was.

MOO

Or even allowing him in your home.
We know DV took priority over MD.

I think that might have been his apt. Why else did she need to use a LEO, to get a maintenance man to open the door, Saturday? Mntnc. ignored her requests, according to BB2, until a LEO passed by and they flagged him down. They then told the maintenance man the LEO wanted in, and the maintenance man unlocked the door. BB2 said they didn't want to call LE, b/c they might have all been in the apt. asleep.

I was thinking more about new cars, plane tickets etc... If they made money on her first injury and spent it all, maybe another injury...
I didn't think about that.... It's not unheard of for CPS to have to pay out to the family if the child is hurt under their care declaration. I have a relative who's child was taken away and placed in temp foster care due to her drug use. The child was left in a hot car while in foster care. DCFS was ordered to pay her $250,000 (that ultimately went up her veins). I wonder if we can find any evidence that would point to something further happening to her and a settlement being reached???? Just grasping at straws.

Honestly though, IMO, I don't think that's what happened to her. I think she died at the hands of someone who had a bad habit of abusing innocent babies. MOO

I think that might have been his apt. Why else did she need to use a LEO, to get a maintenance man to open the door, Saturday? Mntnc. ignored her requests, according to BB2, until a LEO passed by and they flagged him down. They then told the maintenance man the LEO wanted in, and the maintenance man unlocked the door. BB2 said they didn't want to call LE, b/c they might have all been in the apt. asleep.

Good point. If her name wasn't on the lease, he would not have opened the door for her. She didn't have her house keys, but the resistance to open the door from the maintenance man tells me she may not have been on the lease. I wonder how that will play out as far as getting a warrant to search or being allowed in to look around by her.

Can anyone explain to me the logic of having a fight and breaking up with a significant other, then leaving the state, and leaving your daughter with this person? A person who previously abused your child?

Clearly not the actions of a non-disordered person.

Mental disorder is also a breakdown of rationality, so don't expect there to be any logic to her actions.

Actually, I see a person that is resorting to repeat behavior of what she deems her personal "survival mode." For example, first priority of a rational mind would be to cooperate with LE to recover her child, but again it appears this person has appealed to somebody with a questionable agenda.

We know who paid the price for the adults bad choices.

MOO

<modsnipped quotes a deleted post>

Thanks @Winterhike. We just started a media only thread for this case so I'll try to find unobstructed CPS docs from KHOU for reference.

As to why Maleah did not appear to be receiving the care a child with her condition and circumstance would receive, I believe it's as simple as she was not the priority in her household.

I believe MD was viewed the opposite -- a burden with more needs than the adults charged with her care wanted to deal with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks @Winterhike. We just started a media only thread for this case so I'll try to find unobstructed CPS docs from KHOU for reference.

As to why Maleah did not appear to be receiving the care a child with her condition and circumstance would receive, I believe it's as simple as she was not the priority in her household.

I believe MD was viewed the opposite -- a burden with more needs than the adults charged with her care wanted to deal with.
You're probably right. It makes me so angry and sad for her, especially because all signs point to Maleah being perfectly normal and healthy before she was abused/neglected which allegedly led to her injuries and surgeries. She probably wouldn't have had any special needs at all if they would have just kept her safe.

I don't think there any chance that DV's current attorney is DP qualified. He only generally handles misdemeanor criminal cases, he'd have no reason to be.

Though it also wouldn't be a conflict of interest for him to defend DV if he wishes. Conflict of interest comes in if the attorney knew Maleah's family, or the judge, or an organization involved in the case or something like that. As long as the child advocacy place he worked for isn't involved in the case, there's no issue legally.

It certainly does make you wonder though. However, I don't think he is going to be his attorney for long. Which is good because I have real concerns that he would not provide an effective defense and we might see a reversal based on that.

Just a few thoughts from the end of the last thread. Just my opinion.

@LietKynes said:
Good point. Those medical bills had to be significant.
Were they receiving any benefits ?
Fortunately - children up to age 22 under the custody of Texas Dept of Family & Protective Services are provided for under Star Health (full range of Medicaid covered medical & behavioral health services).

Sadly the parents only needed to provide love, support, and care for MD -- didn't have the stress and worrying about paying for medical care, and it didn't make any difference. They still failed Maleah.

MOO

DFPS - STAR Health - A Guide to Medical Services at CPS

I don’t buy it. Giant grain of salt from these folks who seem to be lying whenever their mouths are moving. I’ll believe their stories if they’re ever corroborated.

JMO of course. It’s the only info we have on that timeframe so I understand people using it.

Can anyone explain to me the logic of having a fight and breaking up with a significant other, then leaving the state, and leaving your daughter with this person? A person who previously abused your child?

JMO — The reason it doesn’t make logical sense is because it never happened. There was no breakup. It was never even hinted at until facts came out and the need arose to distance herself from him. She urged people to search for her fiancé on social media on Saturday. She was wearing his ring in the first interviews. Various friends referred to them still being in a relationship on social media and the friend who picked her up for the airport said he walked her out and kissed her goodbye. Things all start to make a lot more sense once it sinks in that she’s a pathological liar.

or because she didnt know if it was "cleaned up" yet

I've wondered... Not blaming BB2, but, could she have been fed a line, and has just wanted to believe it, or is used to BB having a drama filled life so she'd rather not ask many questions?

• BB and BB2 discuss her flight being hours late, but DV is on his way to pick her up at 10:07, based in part, on his kidnapping tale.

• BB2 said she went to pick BB up, at almost 1:00 a.m. After BB had sat at the airport for over two hours. Why wait that long? An hour late, and I'm calling calling around to find my s/o and kids. If I can't find them, then I'm calling some agency if there's no sign of them at home. LE, FD, Hospitals, talk to folks in memory.
  • BB didn't have her house keys, so they went to BB2's house, and figured DV was still circling the airport?? For over three hours? They didn't find that odd, or is the man just not bright enough to navigate an airport?

• Yet BB2 drives right up and scoops BB up and takes her to her residence.

• Does this man not own a phone nor know how to use a borrowed one, or a pay phone o_O (they do still have a few in most airports, last I flew). It seems that no one thought to text or call Derrion, either! Most s/o s call one another when they arrive at their destination. If he wasn't returning calls, and my kids were gone, I'd be frantic.
None of this makes sense. I likely don't think I'm making sense either at this point. I blame sleep deprivation.

Janel Forte‏Verified account @JanelKHOU

This morning I’m live at the Harris Co jail with the latest in the #MaleahDavis case. Stepdad Derion Vence’s bond was reduced to $42,000 yesterday - meaning it’s possible he could bond out. #khou11

D6hKDHDWkAAerjb.jpg

Janel Forte on Twitter

Im back to Lurking after this post but, I see there is still not verified time for BBs departure. Strange as we know she would have been caught on the same camera as DV an Maleah. DVs charge is still only Tampering with evidence/corpse, is this correct? Leads me to believe that LE may feel he was not the only or maybe not the main perp. Still catching up btw so sorry if im repeating anything.

If this has been answered I apologize. In the photo that is the last time she was seen, we only see Maleah and DV. Have we verified where baby brother was? He’s not in the photo. Was he at daycare? Was he inside the apartment? At 7:54am, is it possible he was left in apartment alone? I really wish we knew when BB’s flight was. Iirc a friend took BB to airport? 7:54 is pretty early, so assuming coming back from dropping baby at daycare if DV didn’t take BB? There’s so many questions that need answered.

Edit to add: If his plan was to bring her back after dropping baby at daycare, then why take her at all? Unless he had to because BB was still home when he left to drop both kids at daycare, then BB is gone by the time he gets back with Maleah alone. That’s the only thing that makes sense to me. JMO

Or maybe he thought she would be gone, but she wasn’t. Maybe Maleah did have to wait in his car or something like that.

ETA: but, that would create a huge fight it would seem. I don’t know what time bb was picked up to go to the airport, but if it wasn’t quite a while after he returned, I am not quite sure I see it happening this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708