Found Deceased Canada - Trinity Poil, 16, left without belongings, Petawawa, Ontario, 12 Feb 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Families of girls missing near Pembroke notified as body pulled from Ottawa River

Anyone know who the other girl is? Is there a thread about her?

The other young lady fell into the river last week while attempting to retrieve her cell phone. She is the 17 year old daughter of a fellow soldier but I haven't seen her name published publicly as of yet.

The river and Petawawa, Pembroke, Arnprior have and are experiencing terrible, record-level flooding as of late. We had a young man die in floodwaters here in Arnprior 2 weeks ago as well; he has been recovered.

I'm curious as to whether this will be Trinity or the young lady who was retrieving her phone. In any case, my thoughts and condolences are with the family and friends in this tragic time.

Trinity was last seen passing by the Legion and earlier in the thread I explained that the Legion is a place that one must pass by on their way into town and that immediately after passing the Legion, one would cross the bridge and then immediately be in the business area of the main street. I posted a map as well.

If Trinity made her way down to the river, after the Legion, but on either side of the bridge, this may explain why no business on the south end of the bridge had footage of her.

Going by the article, it states that the remains were submerged "for quite some time". That would make me lean towards this possibly being Trinity, but given the massive flooding and water flow that's a good month in now, I'd also think that someone missing as long as Trinity has been would have been washed down river towards Pembroke, Arnprior by now.

That bridge in the map I posted had to be shut down due to risk of collapse as the suspensions and support ground was washed out during the severe flooding and the currents. In this linked article, the third photo down shows a shot of the bridge. You can see the entrance to the Legion on the right side of the photo just after the guard-rail ends with it's yellow sign. The officers at the bottom of the photo are at the south end of the bridge and just before the business district at that end starts up.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/petawawa-flood-bridge-closed-1.5116783

One of these young ladies is on her way home. We still have one more to bring home.

Two Petawawa women faced an agonizing Mother’s Day waiting to hear if their missing daughter’s body has been found... Military police contacted Poil on Thursday and told her a body had been found and to expect an identification on Friday. Then, on Friday, police said the report would be delayed. “All we know is that we got notified Thursday night that they had pulled a body from the river and they didn’t know if it was Trinity’s or not and that it would be sent for autopsy Friday. We would know Friday,” Poil said in a phone interview Saturday morning. “Then they came Friday and they said they were waiting on one person and the person wouldn’t be in until Monday or Tuesday so the report won’t be finished until then. They can’t give us any information at all. Not even what she was wearing until the report is done.” The delay means an extension of the agonizing vigil the Poil family has endured now for more than 12 weeks...

Meanwhile, Tammy Poil tried to pass the weekend as normally as possible with her husband and two other children as she waits for news. “We’re sitting in an impossible spot,” she said. “We’re praying that it’s not our daughter, but praying for that means it’s going to be someone else’s daughter.”
Petawawa families face grim Mother's Day weekend awaiting word after unidentified body found

A good sociology question would be why does one individual who is missing have multiple pages and threads and one has 2 pages? Is it a media thing or is it what the media thinks the public wants to hear about. I’m sure this doesn’t belong here but it’s pretty sad. What makes a person interesting?!
I’m using WS only because that’s what I’m looking at but I think it mirrors society in general.
What causes a fury of posts? Looks? Situation?
I feel for all these families and it’s just sad.

I'm liking your post, @Jackielee09, but it may get pulled. Whenever I have asked those questions or alluded to the lack of coverage in *certain* cases, I am scolded for being off topic and the post is pulled. But it is certainly very, very interesting. I've been here for many years and see patterns, for sure. Perhaps you can imagine what I mean...

I'm liking your post, @Jackielee09, but it may get pulled. Whenever I have asked those questions or alluded to the lack of coverage in *certain* cases, I am scolded for being off topic and the post is pulled. But it is certainly very, very interesting. I've been here for many years and see patterns, for sure. Perhaps you can imagine what I mean...
If it’s pulled. it will prove my point. But thank you. And I’m ok with that. Society needs to be asking more from media in regards to missing people.

The other missing girl has been found deceased:

"Police say they don’t suspect foul play as human remains pulled from the Petawawa River have been identified as a missing Petawawa girl, the OPP said Tuesday.

An autopsy confirmed that the body found early Friday afternoon was 17-year-old Sarah Donovan who had been missing since May 5, Upper Ottawa Valley OPP said in a press release. Donovan had been missing since officers responded to a report of a teen girl entering the Petawawa River from a town rail bridge.

A passerby found her body near West Street in the town about 150 km northwest of Ottawa.

The girl now identified as Donovan was one of two missing persons files.."

Remains pulled from Petawawa River identified as missing girl

Several people found deceased in the river areas of Pembroke and Petawawa, Ontario in recent years:

3 teenagers
- Tyson Yakubuskie age 17/18
- Trinity Poil age 16/17
- Sarah Donovan age 17

1 middle aged woman
- Patricia Smith, age 54

Pembroke's population is <17,000 people.
I wonder what the safety measures by the river are, gates, fences, etc.

Reactions: nao

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mydermarie26
Back