GUILTY MA - Doctors Richard Field, 49, & Lina Bolanos, 38, slain, Boston, 5 May 2017 *Arrest*

Thanks JoeFromLB!

I had to look & make sure LB in your name stood for Long Beach! :) I used to party down there in the early 70s! :D

Going to bump up this thread!

@SeesSeas - can you find anything? TIA! :)
I did find something new (FEB 25 news article) :D. . . confirming the same problem we're experiencing -
at present time, no news of a verdict can be found.
Boston: 2 Grisly Murders Could Have Been Prevented, if Not for a Judge's Stance Against Deportation

February 25, 2019
Over the last two years, there’s been quite a bit of talk of deportation laws and practices. Here’s a look back at a crime which could’ve been prevented, had the judicial and legal system taken more precaution.
On May 8th, 2017, West African immigrant Bampumim Teixeira was charged with the murders of two Boston doctors.
[...]
If authorities are correct (at present time, no news of a verdict can be found), this is a gruesome crime which could’ve been prevented, had only a judge been willing to allow a criminal to be reviewed for deportation.
[...]

Well, I'm glad to hear (at least) that we are not the only ones that can find anything on this case! Even reporters can't! :)

Again - Thanks for checking on this.
big-smile2-smiley.gif

Unable to find any updates in the media or even any court records on this case. Very frustrating, but not unusual.

Here in California it can take 5-7 years for something like this to come to trial, and the media will report nothing on it until the trial starts.

But you would think he would have had some court hearings - his last one on 3/28/2018!! A whole year and a few months ago....

But you would think he would have had some court hearings - his last one on 3/28/2018!! A whole year and a few months ago....
Yes, way tooooo long without a court hearing. Due process?!
Also, where is defendant in custody? I haven't found a facility where he is apparently languishing without due process.o_O

I have him in Suffolk County. But I have no access....

I have him in Suffolk County. But I have no access....
What is the link you have for Suffolk County? I'll try your link.
I haven't found Bampumim Teixeira in custody at any of the Suffolk County links I've tried.

Well.... I don't have a link, just in my notes "Suffolk County-can't access".... o_O :oops:

I did several searches and found absolutely nothing. VINE link page won't even open on my computer. A national inmate locator search comes up empty. Another Suffolk County jail search resulted in
Ooops... Error 404
We are sorry, but the page you are looking for does not exist.

I did several searches and found absolutely nothing. VINE link page won't even open on my computer. A national inmate locator search comes up empty. Another Suffolk County jail search resulted in
Ooops... Error 404
We are sorry, but the page you are looking for does not exist.
I was able to access VINELink, but Suffolk County doesn't participate in the Massachusetts VINE program.

Find an inmate in a Massachusetts prison
Find an inmate in a Massachusetts prison
You can use the VINELink website or phone number to locate an inmate being held in one of our facilities. Please note, only the Massachusetts Department of Correction and Essex County participate in the Massachusetts VINE program.

VINELink
Massachusetts Victim Information and Notification Everyday (VINE) is a service provided through the collaboration of the Massachusetts Department of Corrections and The Essex County Sheriff's Department.
Today, the Massachusetts Department of Corrections and Essex County participate in the Massachusetts VINE program. Massachusetts is currently pursuing a statewide program initiative for all counties to have the ability to participate in VINE.

VINELink
No offenders matching your criteria were found

Tuesday, November 19th:
*Jury Trial set to begin (@ am ET) - MA - Drs. Richard Field (49) & Lina Bolanos (38) murdered in Boston Apt. (May 5, 2017) - Bampumin Teixeira (30) arrested (5/5/17) & arraigned (9/12/18) of 2 counts 1st degree murder, armed robbery & kidnapping & 1 count armed house invasion.
Trial set to begin on 11/19/19. Jury selection begins on 11/19.

BOSTON - Jury selection begins Tuesday for a man accused of murdering two doctors in South Boston back in 2017. The alleged murder was a gruesome killing in a luxury penthouse.

Jury selection begins Tuesday for man accused of murdering South Boston doctors
Jury nearly seated for trial of defendant in double Southie slaying
PUBLISHED: November 19, 2019 at 7:20 pm | UPDATED: November 19, 2019 at 7:21 pm
[...]
Six women and two men were seated on the jury Tuesday after prosecutors and Teixeira’s attorney, Steve Sack, went through 95 prospective jurors at Suffolk County Superior Court. Teixeira, uncuffed while seated at the jury selection table, wore a white T-shirt and yellow pants.

Sack asked each prospective juror if they would judge Teixeira differently because of his simple appearance, versus the lawyers and judge wearing ties.

“I have a son that dresses exactly like him,” a former cybersecurity employee and eventual seated juror said, drawing a smile from Teixeira when he turned to discuss her selection with Sack in a side discussion.

A minister was excused after Teixeira gave Sack multiple thumbs-down motions and shook his head to Sack during another sidebar discussion. Teixeira also gave a thumbs-up for a juror who said her father was a retired police officer.
[...]

Thanks for the update on this case! It's been so hard to find anything.

Is it typical that defendants give input on jury selection?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back