LA LA - Sallie Reed, 22, Thibodaux, 19 Feb 1976

Rule outs with case-files.

UP5158
06/17/1978
Mississippi AR

Somehow I can't find this UID in Namus and not on the Doe network.

UP5556
05/30/1976
Virginia Beach VA
Unidentified Person Case

UP6259
04/22/1981
Lawrence OH
Unidentified Person Case
1027UFOH

This is "Sheep flats trail" Jane Doe, DNA Doe project knows here identity.
UP8427
07/17/1982
Washoe NV
Unidentified Person Case

Yes I was rather surprised to see SFJD on Sallie's rule outs.

UP5158 comes up in the preview screen I can see an actual morgue photo thats kind of rough but when you click on her it goes to Sorry we cannot find this page. I looked at the morgue photo she has a tattoo Kim it is a Blytheville Doe that was recently identified - Kimberlin Mills.

Have to assume that BJD and Sallie were compared at some point.

Can somebody find arrest records for Sallie. At least two pictures are mugshots.

Have looked none as of yet ..... that is her only identifier so it leads me to believe that Sallie at some point encountered LE matters.

Oddly enough was chatting this morning about Sallie believe that person is looking around and may come up with something.

Researched her some time back but did not come up with much ... last being reported seen in Thibodaux and car found impounded in Opelousas with no explanation as to why it was there.
That is a good distance .... Had never confirmed whether Sallie was from the Thibodaux area, I only know (1) Reed in that area and I can say they are not related. However could Reed be a married name possibly

Just a note Opelousas is right off I-49 is the a main route through Alexandria then Shreverport then on to TX / AR.

Reed is her maiden name going back through some info hopefully I may have more soon.... just keep digging

Last edited:
This comes up in Ancestry.com.....

Name
Sally M Reed
Birth
2 Jan 1954
Residence
1996 Opelousas, LA

This comes up in Ancestry.com.....

Name
Sally M Reed
Birth
2 Jan 1954
Residence
1996 Opelousas, LA

TY Annie I got that one too ... questioned whether it was her or not. There is another Sally Reed in that area as well picked her up in a newspaper.

TY Annie I got that one too ... questioned whether it was her or not. There is another Sally Reed in that area as well picked her up in a newspaper.
I always wonder when I see the residences with accompanying dates in Ancestry if the person actually lived there on that date, or is just connected to someone who does/did. For example, if they registered to vote using that address on that date, obviously they were alive (absent voter fraud, I suppose). Since I can't view any of the 3 records tied to that Sally M, I don't know what the actual evidence is. I'm assuming it's not her since the name is spelled differently. Seems like a big coincidence, but I don't know how large the population is in that area?

I always wonder when I see the residences with accompanying dates in Ancestry if the person actually lived there on that date, or is just connected to someone who does/did. For example, if they registered to vote using that address on that date, obviously they were alive (absent voter fraud, I suppose). Since I can't view any of the 3 records tied to that Sally M, I don't know what the actual evidence is. I'm assuming it's not her since the name is spelled differently. Seems like a big coincidence, but I don't know how large the population is in that area?

Oh yes your are right.... have seen several MP's with later dates and addresses tied into their records. And yes it is a coincidence its not a large place but not really a small one either.

Yes I was rather surprised to see SFJD on Sallie's rule outs.

UP5158 comes up in the preview screen I can see an actual morgue photo thats kind of rough but when you click on her it goes to Sorry we cannot find this page. I looked at the morgue photo she has a tattoo Kim it is a Blytheville Doe that was recently identified - Kimberlin Mills.

Have to assume that BJD and Sallie were compared at some point.

Thx for explaining. At least one more who is identified and that is better.

I came across this entry in Myheritage. Could this be the right tree? I'm not a member, so I can't look further.

Pierce Reed, born About 1927
Pierce Reed was born about 1927, in birthplace, Alabama, to Jim Reed. Pierce had 10 brothers or sisters: George Reed, Sallie Mae Reed and 8 other brothers or sisters. Pierce lived in 1935, in address, Alabama. He lived in 1940, in address, Alabama

Sallie's only full sibling passed away in 04 and her father passed in 1958 her mother married a few times.

Sallie's only full sibling passed away in 04 and her father passed in 1958 her mother married a few times.

So her full brother, father and mother passed away. As there is no DNA for Sallie and no full family to retrieve it from anymore...what are the chances of matching DNA from half brothers/sisters with a UID found.

So little info on Sallie out there but I think this might be her family. 2nd obit listed. John R Reed. Brother

http://files.usgwarchives.net/la/lafourche/obits/2004/f0405.txt

John Reed, Jr (1951-2004) - Find A Grave Memorial

Father-John R Reed Sr
Mother-Mary Mike Reed Hebert.

Mary Mike Hebert (1917-1996) - Find A Grave...

The gravestone of John Reed, jr says born on 9-22-1950...but according to the files and doing the math he must have been born in 1951 or his age (53 when he died) wasn't correct. Or am I confused?.....

FWIW Mary Mike Reed Hebert was born in 1917 and Sallie was born in 1953. Mary would have been 36 when she gave birth to Sallie. In those days that's quit old for having a child. When Sallie went missing in 1976, aged 22 yrs, her mother would have been 58 and maybe already divorced (once or twice)

Last edited:
Where is this coming from?
Sallie Margaret Reed, 22. Missing since 1976. 5'3, 165 poundsClothing/Jewelry DescriptionGold apple earrings with "Tara" written on them, a gold apple ring with "Tara" written on it and a gold medallion ring with "Tara" and "Betty" written on it.
Minder LA - LA - Sallie Reed, 22, Thibodaux, 19 Feb 1976

Sallie Margaret Reed
  • sallie_margaret_reed_1.jpg
  • sallie_margaret_reed_2.jpg
  • sallie_margaret_reed_3.jpg
Reed, circa 1976

• Missing Since02/19/1976
  • Missing FromThibodaux, Louisiana
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Date of Birth10/19/1953 (65)
  • Age22 years old
  • Height and WeightUnknown height, 110 pounds
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes.
Details of Disappearance
Reed was last seen in Thibodaux, Louisiana on February 19, 1976. She has never been heard from again. Her car was located and impounded near Opelousas, Louisiana after her disappearance. Few details are available in her case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back