Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
You say "Additionally, he NEVER should have allowed his client to take a polygraph."

Actually, if the investigators had been honest people there would have been no harm.

You say "If an answer tends to show deception, the examiner will later on circle questions back around and revisit that subject several times."

That is true ideally, but if you look at media reports, they indicate that he was only asked a few specific questions once apparently.

The purpose was not "to find out what happened accurately".

The purpose was "to cultivate exam results that shoed deception", in furtherance of whatever motives the investigators had.

You say "You indicated that the FBI should be giving lie detector tests to people that are most likely involved. Who would that be? "

A common sense way to start that investigation would be to go to the hotels involved, get a list of all males traveling in a group of two or more, look among those males for who might have had conversations with the girl, then you have a pool of people who you can "give a lie detector test to".
The only details of the polygraph exam have come from his attorney, who is clearly not being honest. All that LE has said is that he failed. I have no doubt that federally administered polygraph would be a thorough exam. If the follow up questions were not done, it would be because the subject walked out (which we know he eventually did). The purpose of the exam is follow up on information already provided to the FBI. They are never administered to "frame" a suspect because they can't be admitted as evidence. If they were trying to frame Taylor they would have already arrested him. But they have not.

The only details of the polygraph exam have come from his attorney, who is clearly not being honest. All that LE has said is that he failed. I have no doubt that federally administered polygraph would be a thorough exam. If the follow up questions were not done, it would be because the subject walked out (which we know he eventually did). The purpose of the exam is follow up on information already provided to the FBI. They are never administered to "frame" a suspect because they can't be admitted as evidence. If they were trying to frame Taylor they would have already arrested him. But they have not.

You are mischaracterizing the way investigations are often done.

The individuals may not have articulated to themselves "our purpose is to frame xyz", but if you look at the facts of this case, and thousands like it, the net effect is that their objective is "to convict somebody" rather than "to convict the guilty" or "to reduce the incidence of xyz type of crime".

Regardless their internal justifications, every bad act can be justified by a person willing to justify it, the net effect is that their goal was to frame that person.

Behaviorism looks at actions only, and a person who is concerned about motives or internal processes will consider it stupidity, just as a person who focuses on internal processes but ignores actions would consider a behaviorist stupid.

In this case what are the investigators doing?

They are framing somebody who is not guilty.

Why are they doing it?

Your argument is that 'they are not doing it, it is incidental to the more noble acts they are actually doing'. It's a circular argument but at the end of the day pear trees make pears, as they say. If you want to excuse 'framing somebody' on the grounds that 'that is not what they are doing' I am not going to argue in circles. Can they find a rationale for it? Sure. Anything can be justified.

If you go to "The Charlie Project" website, and click on "South Carolina" you will see that there are a staggering number of missing persons in South Carolina. Also from the news you can see a very high number of killings that have occured in recent years, a number of them young women.
Shannon McConaughey was killed by somebody. Normally there would be an investigation by somebody who has that job, and the evidence would be lain out and a person could look at the evidence and try to guess who did it.

Unfortunately, in the Shannon McConaughey case, the police decided who they wanted to charge with the crime, before they did the investigation. They were investigating not with the intention of "finding" the killer but of proving they had arrested the right person.

So, while they were investigating that colored their actions.

When they finally finished investigating they gathered up all of the evidence they had collected against those individuals. There wasn't any.

~

As for "One co-defendant told investigators ... raped and shot McConaughey.", it's very easy to get somebody to say what you want them to say when you have physical control of them and their environment. In some places the police have refined this to an evil art. They put a person in a small cage for weeks or months or longer and carefully cultivate the story they want, using the complete physical control of the environment they have.

Any good historian will tell you that there have been many countries in recent history that have brought the art of getting untrue facts from prisoners to perfection. Even generations ago there were experts who could get anybody to say literally anything. Today unhealthy individuals in governments have studied that more precisely and it can almost always be done without physically harming the person, simply by using psychological pressures. You can watch videos on YouTube of false confessions to get an example.

One case that I noticed recently in a documentary was interesting. A young Swedish guy, Malthe Johansen, was accused of a sex crime at a school. The police did not want to spend weeks and weeks investigating, so they decided to shortcut things. He had been raised by two women, so the police sent two female police officers to talk to him, thinking he would be more likely to cooperate with them. They told him that they had video proof that he had commited the crime. He said that he did not remember it, but if they had video proof then he must have done it as a split personality or something. The two women then asked him if he would be willing to sign a confession, even though he didn't remember commiting the crime. Since it was two women, he said "of course" and signed the confession. Eventually he was exonerated, but he died shortly after. In his country in Scandanavia there appear to be a number of videos and articles about his case that you can look at if you speak Viking, or you can run them through Google Translate.

~

As for "There is clearly a correlation to these disappearances." Yes, there clearly is. This large number of murders and kidnappings etc did not spring up out of the ground, they were caused by something. You would ask a sociologist who has studied that kind of thing to speculate about that.
When there is an individual murder, or group of murders commited by one person, and you want to see the 'cause' or what connects them, you would ask a psychologist to speculate about that.

You mention Crystal Soles too. You might go to the "Charlie Project" website and look at the page on South Carolina and gather all the cases that might seem to have been from a single cause, in this case young women who were probably attacked for a reason involving the fact that they were young women. You may find more and more cases that seem to be very closely related, and if they are solved the killers will have certain things in common.

Yeah, Taylor is a poor, misunderstood armed robber.

Last edited:
Yeah, Taylor is a poor, misunderstood armed robber.

Actually, the armed robbery does provide some useful information relative to whether he is a suspect.

You know that he robbed a McDonald's as part of a group of three people.

That puts him in the "special" category of criminals that are not too dangerous. You can be pretty sure that when he commits a crime he will get caught, and that the crimes he commits are usually not of his own devising.

If he had been involved in the Drexel kidnapping he probably would have been caught quickly.
The McDonald's caper is bizarre. Three people to rob a McDonalds.

"Okay guys, we did it. Now let's split the takings. We got, uhm, looks like six big macs. There are three of us, uhm, does any of you has a calculator?"

Actually, the armed robbery does provide some useful information relative to whether he is a suspect.

That puts him in the "special" category of criminals that are not too dangerous. You can be pretty sure that when he commits a crime he will get caught, and that the crimes he commits are usually not of his own devising.

If he had been involved in the Drexel kidnapping he probably would have been caught quickly.

"Okay guys, we did it. Now let's split the takings. We got, uhm, looks like six big macs. There are three of us, uhm, does any of you has a calculator?"
he shot the manager. There's a lot more but you have to look deep into things we cant say on this forum , its out there ...and its really scary seriously
a hardcore murdering meth dealer with a satanic tattooed face and blades for fingers carrying a machete and screaming threats is not nearly as scary as this family and if you are even alluding that race plays a factor NO not this time, I can agree with you and give you a thousand times where it has but this is not one of them ...if you want to know Dig deep on them per FBI people n that area are terrified to cross this family , IMO they are responsible for far more than you are seeing.

he shot the manager. There's a lot more but you have to look deep into things we cant say on this forum , its out there ...and its really scary seriously
a hardcore murdering meth dealer with a satanic tattooed face and blades for fingers carrying a machete and screaming threats is not nearly as scary as this family and if you are even alluding that race plays a factor NO not this time, I can agree with you and give you a thousand times where it has but this is not one of them ...if you want to know Dig deep on them per FBI people n that area are terrified to cross this family , IMO they are responsible for far more than you are seeing.

Not specifically alluding to 'race' playing a factor, but the vulnerability of the target seems to be the rationale for the pursuit, and in this case race is part of what makes him or them vulnerable, along with financial defenses etc.

As for the danger of a specific member of that family, or of that family generally, I have looked at what is available online, and I see specific evidence that they are not dangerous.

So, you believe you have credible evidence they are dangerous, and I believe I have credible evidence they are not dangerous.

Best might be to look at actual evidence, and then, based on that, one or another of us will have to revise their opinion of the threat presented by them.

Not specifically alluding to 'race' playing a factor, but the vulnerability of the target seems to be the rationale for the pursuit, and in this case race is part of what makes him or them vulnerable, along with financial defenses etc.

As for the danger of a specific member of that family, or of that family generally, I have looked at what is available online, and I see specific evidence that they are not dangerous.

So, you believe you have credible evidence they are dangerous, and I believe I have credible evidence they are not dangerous.

Best might be to look at actual evidence, and then, based on that, one or another person will have to revise their opinion of the threat presented by them.

I 100% get what you are saying , and I am as liberal as they come in re: to a fair playing field and I 100% believe that happens all the time , social class means a lot in this country , the justice system starting with arrests and bail are definitely skewed, but This case does not fall under that category I'm trying to give you the "dig deeper hint" Jr might be a total idiot that gets caught all the time but he more than likely had the elders help if you dig deep enough and follow some of the things beginning with thread 1 and google your hands off you can find things that are not only documented but come directly from the proverbial horses mouth , THE T gang is far from innocent and the hipocracy out of others in that crowd is beyond laughable IMO JMO MOO and all that jazz

Best might be to look at actual evidence, and then, based on that, one or another of us will have to revise their opinion of the threat presented by them.

There's nothing vulnerable about the scum who murdered Brittanee and the trash that raped and murdered Shannon but there's something wrong with the fact that they haven't been arrested and if you think they aren't dangerous ,invite them to coffee, introduce the poor misunderstood gentleman to your daughter , because I for one will warn every female in that area to steer clear of Santee where Brittanee was possibly chained to a wall and raped for days, we can't bring social media over here even if it came directly from the accused The FBI didn't just pull stuff out of thin air and as for the last people she was with , I think they did have some involvement one used to live there and Brittanee said said the reason she was forced to hang out by herself was she was not interested in doing drugs , I Imagine they didn't DRIVE ACROSS STATES with drugs in the car , I'm sure they had to procure it, and again from the horses own mouth that's a pretty normal activity for certain people in Santee as I'm sure everywhere else , you im sure are on this forum to sleuth right ? well MSM has named their suspects so sleuth away and get back to us , not at all trying to be argumentative I just want our girl brought home and those responsible not free to murder anyone else, that s the only thing we can do for Brittanee now , bless her innocent little heart , she didn't deserve this and Dawn has done nothing but use this for good, she spends her time bringing awareness and helping other parents who are in horrible grief, especially in the very area her daughter was murdered in , now that's class IMO

It might be best if you go back and read all twenty threads before coming on here and lecturing people about "actual evidence", especially while espousing some nonsensical theory about a massive, racist plot to frame one of those poor Taylors (I still can't tell which one you think is the original target, mainly because you seem to mix them up at your convenience) perpetrated by Myrtle Beach PD, Horry County Sheriff, Georgetown County Sheriff, Charleston County Sheriff, South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (SLED), the FBI, and the United States Department of Justice, ALL because (according to you) this individual "didn't show the cops the respect they think they deserve." I'm sure we would ALL love to see the "evidence" you have to support such a grand theory. In the meantime, making contrarian statements like "her cell phone went south so OBVIOUSLY she went north" and "the fact that DaShaun Taylor is a convicted armed robber PROVES his innocence" (I particularly enjoyed that one) makes me wonder if you didn't show up here ten years into her case just to throw out the race card and stir people up, like some Websleuths version of an internet troll. There are plenty of other internet sites for you to throw out your conspiracy theories.

Responding to both sloane7777 and QPRfan

I have no problem with him or them or whoever being guilty, if there is evidence.

I've presented some of the indications that there may be problems with evidence against him.

Could either of you please point to a specific piece of evidence that indicates guilt?

~

As for trusting that local law enforcers or the FBI or anybody else has some hidden evidence that justifies their pursuit, I'm sorry but I'm not retarded. I have read newspapers for many years, traveled in many countries and states, I have some education and experience. A badge is not a sign of credibility, evidence is. If you can point to some evidence please do so.

~

edit to add

There is one person who has a right to whatever justice they see fit, and that's the mother of the girl. Her goal is to protect her remaining children and she can be trusted to act on that, regardless anybody else's motives. If she specifically thought the situation was best handled by targeting that particular family I would not support it, because I don't believe that family is likely guilty, but I would not oppose it either, on the grounds that a victim's family has the right to two bodies, and it doesn't matter who the second one is.

Last edited:

I have no problem with him or them or whoever being guilty, if there is evidence.

I've presented some of the indications that there may be problems with evidence against him.

Could either of you please point to a specific piece of evidence that indicates guilt?

~

As for trusting that local law enforcers or the FBI or anybody else has some hidden evidence that justifies their pursuit, I'm sorry but I'm not retarded. I have read newspapers for many years, traveled in many countries and states, I have some education and experience. A badge is not a sign of credibility, evidence is. If you can point to some evidence please do so.

Like I said, the evidence is in the twenty threads dedicated to this case, accumulated over ten years by a large number of people who just want to see justice done. As you said, you have some education, so go ahead and read through them and see how we have arrived where we have. None of us are here to spoon feed you. While we wait, go ahead and post that proof of a massive law enforcement conspiracy to frame the Taylors. Thanks.

I don't think the FBI is out to frame anyone. They have received information from a guy and they are following up on it. Enough of his story has been confirmed to cause them to think that Taylors are indeed involved in Brittanee's disappearance. They haven't arrested anyone, they are investigating. The fact that the informant is getting death threats from them would indicate that he is telling the truth. It may very well be that no charges are ever brought, simply because of lack of hard evidence. But at a minimum, the Taylors' little kidnap, rape, kill trafficking operation is shut down due to the attention.

~

~

edit to add

There is one person who has a right to whatever justice they see fit, and that's the mother of the girl. Her goal is to protect her remaining children and she can be trusted to act on that, regardless anybody else's motives. If she specifically thought the situation was best handled by targeting that particular family I would not support it, because I don't believe that family is likely guilty, but I would not oppose it either, on the grounds that a victim's family has the right to two bodies, and it doesn't matter who the second one is.

BBM NO one on this thread or forum thinks just because you have a badge your are 100% right and above everyone else LE is human some good , some bad , you really should read and I personally have been called by Brittanee's Mom Dawn( she initially called me on FB then asked for my # re: another girl in SC) and I am FB friends with her Dad, Both of them have no doubt Who killed Brittanee and they have a PI who has uncovered evidence as well but its not enough for a conviction and they know it,they want a solid conviction . Before defending them you really should read, furthermore I am inclined to agree with QPR either you are a troll or a Taylor , If I am wrong, you will read and come to a more informed decision.

You are mischaracterizing the way investigations are often done.

The individuals may not have articulated to themselves "our purpose is to frame xyz", but if you look at the facts of this case, and thousands like it, the net effect is that their objective is "to convict somebody" rather than "to convict the guilty" or "to reduce the incidence of xyz type of crime".

Regardless their internal justifications, every bad act can be justified by a person willing to justify it, the net effect is that their goal was to frame that person.

Behaviorism looks at actions only, and a person who is concerned about motives or internal processes will consider it stupidity, just as a person who focuses on internal processes but ignores actions would consider a behaviorist stupid.

In this case what are the investigators doing?

They are framing somebody who is not guilty.

Why are they doing it?

Your argument is that 'they are not doing it, it is incidental to the more noble acts they are actually doing'. It's a circular argument but at the end of the day pear trees make pears, as they say. If you want to excuse 'framing somebody' on the grounds that 'that is not what they are doing' I am not going to argue in circles. Can they find a rationale for it? Sure. Anything can be justified.
I'm not mischaracterizing anything. The FBI is investigating this and based upon the best evidence they are focusing on a particular suspect or suspects. We don't know what evidence they have but it enough to keep them focused on those individuals.

I did read some of the first thread, a few pages, and will read some more, but one obvious question pops up.

I don't want to accuse anybody, nor promote somebody being accused, if there is not evidence they are involved.

In the case of the first person, of many, mentioned as a suspect, an individual named at the beginning of the first thread.

Supposedly some of Brittanee's clothing was found in his room?

There was a lawyer he retained. I looked at the lawyer's website and one thought obviously arises. The lawyer has a page devoted to 'successes' or whatever. A list of people accused of this and that which he has successfully defended. A lot of them are dwi and other crimes that for most accused people would be cut and dried, but which a crooked lawyer can get anybody out of.

So he has a lawyer who is "success oriented" meaning he gets down in the mud.

Looking at the lawyers page, it is clear that the young man will be eliminated as a suspect soon after he is retained. The lawyer probably would start by trying to promote another person as a suspect, then he would create a collection of personas, for example online, promoting the "new" suspect.

So the first question that arises is was that young man actually eliminated as a suspect based on evidence that he was not involved? Or is he simply being ignored as a suspect on the basis of he has paid a lot of money to a lawyer who knows the ropes and has successfully promoted another person as a suspect?

So you think that the fact that he got caught once is not indicative of any further criminal conduct on his part? You also seem to be blaming peer pressure? And someone who committed an armed robbery falls under the category of not that dangerous?

I disagree.

I did read some of the first thread, a few pages, and will read some more, but one obvious question pops up.

I don't want to accuse anybody, nor promote somebody being accused, if there is not evidence they are involved.

In the case of the first person, of many, mentioned as a suspect, an individual named at the beginning of the first thread.

Supposedly some of Brittanee's clothing was found in his room?

There was a lawyer he retained. I looked at the lawyer's website and one thought obviously arises. The lawyer has a page devoted to 'successes' or whatever. A list of people accused of this and that which he has successfully defended. A lot of them are dwi and other crimes that for most accused people would be cut and dried, but which a crooked lawyer can get anybody out of.

So he has a lawyer who is "success oriented" meaning he gets down in the mud.

Looking at the lawyers page, it is clear that the young man will be eliminated as a suspect soon after he is retained. The lawyer probably would start by trying to promote another person as a suspect, then he would create a collection of personas, for example online, promoting the "new" suspect.

So the first question that arises is was that young man actually eliminated as a suspect based on evidence that he was not involved? Or is he simply being ignored as a suspect on the basis of he has paid a lot of money to a lawyer who knows the ropes and has successfully promoted another person as a suspect?
who are you talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members