Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ivory Hecker FOX 26 on Twitter
Darion Vence's coworker tells me he was sent home sick on April 30 and May 1. By Friday he was officially "home sick with the flu." The week after Maleah was reported missing, he didn't show up for work at all, according to the coworker at PharMEDium in Sugar Land.
10:11 AM - 14 May 2019

So, his movements of each day would be on the video surveillance. LE would know if he left that apartment with/without children or bags. The laundry basket footage was leaked/released so we know when she was most likely removed from the apartment.

We can only hope that the computer system from the car or his phone will give his location over time.

Did BB ever say that she tried to call him from the airport to see where he was? If no, it seems odd that she or anyone has not discussed that there was a call to connect when he didn't arrive at the airport.

I thought HIPPA was null and voided when the person (or child in this case) is dead?
If I remember correctly, HIPAA still applies after death for a number of years; I want to say 50 but I can't remember. Information can be released and shared to certain entities like LE for an investigation. Also, this is a minor. Rules are a little different for minors.

With all the blame that is being pointed towards BBs involvement do you not think if she had left the apartment prior to their return, or if her flight was prior to their return than she would have come out publicly an said so by now, I mean...its easily proven right? Surely theres tickets, emails etc. Camera footage . Shes said alot so far, but nothing that implies her innocence, IMO because she cant. Has to be a reason. I keep going on about the same thing because these timings an her placement are critical to this. MOO again.
That's a good point. With all QX had to say, why didn't he make it clear what time she left. He set it up to look like DV would often pick up Maleah and take her back to the house without her knowing so of course everybody is going to want to know what time her flight was.
So why not say something like, Brittany left for her flight at five in the morning and that's the last time she saw her daughter, or whatever time, if he wants to make it clear that she wasn't there.
I just keep getting more and more convinced that she had to be there. They knew it would look bad so he made the comment about him taking Maleah back to the house, without her knowledge so she has an excuse as to why she didn't know Maleah was there. Imo

With all the blame that is being pointed towards BBs involvement do you not think if she had left the apartment prior to their return, or if her flight was prior to their return than she would have come out publicly an said so by now, I mean...its easily proven right? Surely theres tickets, emails etc. Camera footage . Shes said alot so far, but nothing that implies her innocence, IMO because she cant. Has to be a reason. I keep going on about the same thing because these timings an her placement are critical to this. MOO again.

Also, no murder charges yet. Maybe they don't know who is responsible. MOO

Last edited:
So, his movements of each day would be on the video surveillance. LE would know if he left that apartment with/without children or bags. The laundry basket footage was leaked/released so we know when she was most likely removed from the apartment.

We can only hope that the computer system from the car or his phone will give his location over time.

Did BB ever say that she tried to call him from the airport to see where he was? If no, it seems odd that she or anyone has not discussed that there was a call to connect when he didn't arrive at the airport.
BBM, Not that I'm aware of, just that she told her mom she was waiting there for him. MOO

You ask, we answer: Why was bond reduced for Maleah Davis' stepfather? Will there be more charges?

KHOU’s legal analyst, Gerald Treece, weighed in on some of the legal questions in the case.

1. Why was Derion Vence’s bond reduced from $1 million to $45,000?

Gerald Treece says bond amounts should be determined based on how likely someone is to show up for court. They should not be punitive or about how serious the crime is.

Treece says the $1 million bond amount was unusually high, and if he was the defense attorney, he would have asked for it to be lowered as well.

“I’m neither surprised nor shocked the bond would be lowered, because the question is the likelihood this person appear for trial. This person isn’t going anywhere. He has law enforcement all over the country watching him,” said Treece.

“I’m neither surprised nor shocked the bond would be lowered, because the question is the likelihood this person appear for trial. This person isn’t going anywhere. He has law enforcement all over the country watching him,” said Treece.

Attorney Thomas Burton III is representing Vence and said he intended to file a motion to lessen the bond amount, but was surprised when it was already done by a judge in Monday’s hearing.

Burton III said he has yet to receive any evidence from the state against his client, which would include surveillance video from outside the home where Maleah was last seen.

2. Will any family members be charged in Maleah’s disappearance?

Treece says people who are party to a crime are equally responsible in Texas. Although he doesn’t have firsthand knowledge of the investigation, he says charging more people is often a way to build a case against the main suspect.

“The government goes out and finds people, and works out a deal with them - especially in cases like this where they can’t find a body - to build a case based on so-called accomplices testimony. That’s what I think will happen,” he said.

3. Can Vence be charged with murder if Maleah’s body is never found?

Treece says a body is not required in order to file a murder charge. However, not finding a body makes it much harder to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that someone was killed.

“Many people ask that question. They remember some anecdotal rule that you have to have a body for a murder. It’s a hard circumstantial evidence case, but it’s not impossible under our law,” said Treece.
Videos at link.

Last edited:
:p Did you see the heads on the fence? o_O

Marcelino Benito on Twitter
Plenty of wooded areas and places to potentially dump or hide a body near this haunted house. #KHOU11 #HTownRush #MaleahDavis
D6jLmroW4AEtc6W.jpg
D6jLmrtW4AI6zlM.jpg

2:04 PM - 14 May 2019
Apparently DV used to work at Rosharon Post Office, so he is familiar with the area.

Whyyyyyy didn’t he (CD*) call the police to get that baby out of there at that moment?? DV had ZERO rights to her. Her mother was gone. That’s essentially kidnapping, right? :(:(
I don't know if it would be. I guess it depends on who's physical custody (BB and CD or just BB) the judge returned the kids to. CPS still has legal custody of MD and her older brother. CPS would have listed the visitation plan in the family's plan. I don't think we know what the family plan was that CPS set for MD and her older brother. Just MOO.

SPEECH THERAPY DOCS

KHOU 13
This is a ss from the video below shown around 2:40. BB’s head is kinda in the way so part is cut off but IMO it says “Maleah is a happy girl that enjoys cartoons, playing with siblings and getting her hair done. (Can’t read this part) currently having her need met and meeting all developmental milestones. Maleah is currently living with her mother and having visits with her father. Maleah (can’t read) receiving occupational and physical therapy and will soon be in speech therapy.”

I can’t get the ss to upload. I’m going to keep trying
SMH. Injury not consistent with Maleah falling off chair. But hey let's not take medical professional's word. Then let's send Maleah back, and only peak in once a month, and who cares if parental units bother with parenting classes. Reunification is the number one priority.
God forbid anyone offend the parental units/s or not take their word about how severe head injury happened.
MOO

That's a good point. With all QX had to say, why didn't he make it clear what time she left. He set it up to look like DV would often pick up Maleah and take her back to the house without her knowing so of course everybody is going to want to know what time her flight was.
So why not say something like, Brittany left for her flight at five in the morning and that's the last time she saw her daughter, or whatever time, if he wants to make it clear that she wasn't there.
I just keep getting more and more convinced that she had to be there. They knew it would look bad so he made the comment about him taking Maleah back to the house, without her knowledge so she has an excuse as to why she didn't know Maleah was there. Imo

Exactly! Covering her *advertiser censored* from the very start

Also, no murder charges yet. Maybe they don't know who is responsible. MOO

I honestly believe this is the case. Charges dont fit the crime. Tampering with a human corpse so they know Maleah is deceased god forgive i hate typing that, But i dont think they know or maybe even believe he is the only or main culprit. MOO

:p Did you see the heads on the fence? o_O

Marcelino Benito on Twitter
Plenty of wooded areas and places to potentially dump or hide a body near this haunted house. #KHOU11 #HTownRush #MaleahDavis
D6jLmroW4AEtc6W.jpg
D6jLmrtW4AI6zlM.jpg

2:04 PM - 14 May 2019

Ha!
I did. But I also spent some time doing a photography project on abandoned locations, and you see some weird stuff in those places.
If I would have noticed the coffins though, I probably would have caught on to what they meant by 'haunted' earlier. :oops:

Ivory Hecker FOX 26 on Twitter
Darion Vence's coworker tells me he was sent home sick on April 30 and May 1. By Friday he was officially "home sick with the flu." The week after Maleah was reported missing, he didn't show up for work at all, according to the coworker at PharMEDium in Sugar Land.
10:11 AM - 14 May 2019

DV's behavior is totally suspicious and most of the crock of bull stories he's fed LE have been a lie.

If this monster has disposed of MD's remains at the Rosharon haunted house then he's even more ghoulish and evil than I imagined.

Does he somehow think its funny to dump a murdered child at a haunted house?

SICK. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

moo
ebm to moo

DV's behavior is totally suspicious and most of his crock of bull stories he's fed LE has been a lie.

If this monster has disposed of MD's remains at the Rosharon haunted house then he's even more ghoulish and evil than I imagined.

Does he somehow think its funny to dump a murdered child at a haunted house?

SICK. :mad::mad::mad::mad:
It's all kinds of messed up. I'm not from around there. Is it possible that he knows someone who works there or owns it?

I honestly believe this is the case. Charges dont fit the crime. Tampering with a human corpse so they know Maleah is deceased god forgive i hate typing that, But i dont think they know or maybe even believe he is the only or main culprit. MOO

I think if DV *thinks* he's the only one on the hook he'll feel more pressure to spill the beans. The fact that he hasn't yet makes me think he acted alone, though. Why cover for BB at this point?
Also, I think they're hoping to get more evidence when they find M's remains. I hope that gives them what they need to find out the truth.

I'm with you on this one MsB!

And I think another arrest is going to be made once LE have enough evidence. :mad:

Stinks to high heaven.
moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads