Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #101

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point about other cases where LE had a suspect all along, i.e the Redwine case, the family murders in Ohio, is that because they did have their suspects, they were not out there showing sketches two years later, calling for more tips, asking people to consider everyone etc...this LE is behaving exactly as though they have no idea who did these murders. Jmo

This was one of my first questions, enelram. I’m trying to remember what the answer to this was because I thought Some one maaaay have mentioned some road construction but I can’t be sure on that. Making a note. Worth a revisit to look again, maybe some new reports or something has come out.

I also am very interested in anyone who has been responsible for upkeep, landscaping, maintenance, any of that stuff, which obviously LE would have checked out.

In terms of large construction projects in the area, the construction of the Indiana Packers building was in full swing during the murders (approx. 4 miles away from the bridge).

Webcam – Indiana Packers – Delphi, IN – Tippmann Group / Interstate Warehousing

I have over 30 years experience with firearms and I do not see a gun. I also wear my Vedder holster holding my M&P Shield in shorts and a t-shirt and doesn't print at all.

In MOO, while you might be accurate in a gun being present and its placement, if you can see it in a grainy picture means that dude was printing to high heavens for everyone around to see.

You just made me think of something, maybe he had it somewhere else on him but relocated it hastily for some reason, perhaps when he had to cross the bridge...just a thought, I don’t know why he would need to reposition the gun on his person, I can’t think of any reason at the moment... now if he had a “duffle bag” placed somewhere and grabbed a gun out of it really quickly and stuffed it in his pocket, maybe he disabled the weapon in order to avoid a misfire? Idk..

Last edited:
A family member who is a commercial pilot was employed for
a period of time w/ company who did aerial surveying for major construction contracts. His job entailed flying endless back and forth patterns for an accompanying photographer to shoot photos from fairly low elevations.
I'm wondering if there were any major construction jobs going on around Delphi at time of crimes. Any new highways or major
construction projects in area? My point is there may be more aerial maps out there that people may not be aware of.

I think there was some sort of huge cold storage building going up around that time. I can't remember if I read about it on here or heard it mentioned in a video.

a period of time w/ company who did aerial surveying for major construction contracts. His job entailed flying endless back and forth patterns for an accompanying photographer to shoot photos from fairly low elevations.
I'm wondering if there were any major construction jobs going on around Delphi at time of crimes. Any new highways or major
construction projects in area? My point is there may be more aerial maps out there that people may not be aware of.
Indiana Packers had a major construction project at this time. They were adding a 99,000 sq. ft. cold storage facility. It was a major expansion project approx. 2.2 miles away from where the murders took place.

Last edited:
Indiana Packers had a major construction project at this time. They were adding a cold storage facility.

Thanks for posting.

How long has that camera been up, btw? I’m having trouble with it as it causes my device to freeze. Tia.

That whole plant is something else, I’ll tell ya.

I’m glad to see us talking about it again because it’s kinda like that one pimple you just can’t quite get rid of.
In terms of large construction projects in the area, the construction of the Indiana Packers building was in full swing during the murders (approx. 4 miles away from the bridge).

Webcam – Indiana Packers – Delphi, IN – Tippmann Group / Interstate Warehousing

Also since personal drones are getting more and more common,
has LE requested any footage from local drone owners?
Seems like a local drone owner would be out enjoying the unseasonally
warm weather that day.
Plus most new real estate listings around here use a drone for aerial shots.

You just made me think of something, maybe he had it somewhere else on him but relocated it hastily for some reason, perhaps when he had to cross the bridge...just a thought, I don’t know why he would need to reposition the gun on his person, I can’t think of any reason at the moment... now if he had a “duffle bag” places somewhere and grabbed a gun out of it really quickly and stuffed it in his pocket, maybe he disabled the weapon in order to avoid a misfire? Idk..

Quite possible. And of course it would depend on the firearm's size, its caliber, its safety features, and the comfort level of the suspect with that handgun. Heck, it could have even been an airsoft. If he repositioned it from a bag into his pocket he would have to maintain positive control of it somehow so his hand would have been firmly on that grip, finger away from the trigger to avoid a ND.

This also goes back to our discussion about him planning this (at least in his brain) before the murders. If a handgun was the suspect's control device I want to think he would have gone for a compact model (such as the Shield or even a 25 that fits comfortably in a backpocket) over, say, a Desert Eagle. I would also want to think that the position of a handgun in his pocket would be in the most opportune position (hand on grip, barrel slightly down) to avoid fumbling around trying to take it out when he was making his move. That would make it harder to print through a jacket though.

Many angles here for sure so this is all food for thought and MOO. I do agree that a weapon (handgun or blade) was used as a control device (but not necessarily as the murder weapon).

I’m just noticing “around 2pm”

‘Wheels for Work’ ministry gives riders a second chance
May 23, 2014
‘Wheels for Work’ ministry gives riders a second chance

"It was Thursday afternoon and Matthew Savage lingered near the doors of the Marathon Gas station near the corner of Ferry and Ninth streets. He was waiting for a shuttle to give him a ride to Indiana Packers Corp. in Delphi where he works.

Snip

"...currently homeless and staying in the overnight shelter at Lafayette Urban Ministry."

Snip

".... the shuttle, a white van with a large eagle painted on it, will arrive close to 2 p.m. like it always does..."

Snip

"The shuttle service is called Wheels for Work and is a ministry of Hope Cathedral church in Lafayette. The small church’s pastor, Kim Dickens, started the service 18 months ago to initially help the downtrodden — the homeless or those with criminal records — find employment and keep it.

The shuttle takes job seekers to Indiana Packers during the week to apply for a job. It takes new hires to physicals and orientation. It also transports paid employees as long as they need a ride for a weekly fee of $60.

The shuttle even picks up job seekers from Tippecanoe County Community Corrections."

Snip

"...doing ministry in the Tippecanoe County Jail."

Snip

"Even though the shuttle transports about 30 job applicants a week to the pork production plant, there’s still a need, he said."
Feb 17, 2018
IN - Abigail Williams & Liberty German, Delphi, Media, Maps, Timelines NO DISCUSSION

I believe the exact quote from Carter during the presser was:
“But might appear younger than his (its ?) true age.”

Maybe I’m the only one, but after reading that several times, I thought to myself where do we hear this phrase so often (someone “appearing” younger than their true age?)

Online predators often portray themselves as younger than their “true age.”

I know. I know. Allegedly, LE and the family has made statements that an online predator targeting Libby and Abby has been ruled out.

But I still do wonder about Carter’s
“But might appear younger than his true age” comment. If they don’t know who BG is, then what would indicate that he appears younger than his true age? It’s a puzzle to me. But I’m probably reading into it, simply because I am lacking information that LE hopefully has. MOO

Edited to make myself sound less crazy than I appear. :p

Possibly because he does not have a receding hairline. People generally assume a person with a head full of hair as someone younger. MOO

I’ve read that the satellite image can be searched by date, has anyone already done this for that old CPS parking lot on Feb. 13th, 2017?
I just tried but I'm on my iPad and am not getting anywhere.
I have read that the Military and FBI/CIA/HS have had this capability for a long time. I do not know if it is true......moo

Here’s an interesting post from @ocgrad from 2017:

ocgrad
antechinusRAWR said: ↑
What site are you searching to get a hit of 15 RSO's for Delphi?
I'm still getting 55 when I use ISP's own site (over 40 of whom have the Delphi meat packing plant as their employment address)

http://www.icrimewatch.net/results....drLast=&OfndrFirst=&OfndrCity=delphi&AllCity=
This site also only lists 15 that have Delphi addresses so I think you're getting info from the same place. But thank you for pointing out they have work addresses listed. I clicked on the Other Addresses link and was shocked they almost all work at the IN Packers plant, right down the road from the bridge.
Apr 25, 2017
Found Deceased - IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #53

—-
Obviously rsos would be the first to be eliminated. But interesting nonetheless. Remember, “maybe we’ve interviewed you before”. Which then brings up the question of DNA again.

If I remember correctly someone had mentioned or posted a link about the Indiana Packers construction at the same period of time. I am sure someone can recollect it much better than me.

I have read that the Military and FBI/CIA/HS has had this capability for a long time. I do not know if it is true......moo
They do, but amazingly, their capability is not even close to these new private companies.

Military satellites are huge, and don’t compare in regards to coverage.

They also tend to be oriented to capture major world trouble spots.

Many of the aerial surveillance contracts are actually put out
and serviced months or years prior to beginning of construction.
So it could even be a proposed construction or highway construction project going on in 2018 0r 2019.

I think these two weeks were his window of opportunity. Kindly show a place in my post where I say a plea bargain. Please.

I expected my own opinion that a confession would have been better than what follows. But I think he missed it anyhow. JMO.

Hi, @Charlot123 -- have no idea of what you are speaking, since I have never claimed to quote you regarding the "window of opportunity" (yet it is entirely possible that you used that very phrase, unbeknownst to me, since I have not been able to keep up with *every* post in this swiftly-moving thread).

When I wrote my post early this morning before leaving for work, it never occurred to me that someone would think I was quoting them! This post I wrote earlier today was simply based on my own curiosity (and...I must admit...a little eagerness to see justice served for the sake of Abby & Libby), as to whether or not there would be some kind of judicial "leniency" (for want of a better word) for a suspect who actually confessed to the crime. Hope that clarifies.

*n.b.: Words that appear in blue font were colored blue by me.

Random thought of the night is I think he’s into guns (again). I can’t remember if there were any gun shows around there that weekend, maybe Indianapolis? I do recall presenting the question. Making note.

Another question. I ask because it has to do with rope. How far would the closest place you could boat be, Lake Michigan, etc?

(Ps/eta: What will happen first? An arrest, or everyone including us, LE and that whole community descends into madness...)
Lots of lakes in Indiana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member