Found Safe KY - Kenneth Howard, 22mths, Salyersville, 12 May 2019

Look at my post #287 though. Dad is quoted saying he was in the front yard with his son, tuned around and he was gone. Just like that....

Maybe both, on porch talking to someone and Kenneth was in front yard with him. But then, how could Kenneth sneak out the back door if he was already in the yard with Dad?
Would really like to know who he was talking to on the front porch and if that person was still there when Kenneth disappeared.

Ok I’m not familiar with strip mining

Are these enormous open pits in the ground with steep cliffs similar to a rock quarry

Or are they more of an underground tunnel with a closed entrance

In other words would one be able to fall into it?

Nick Beres NC5 Facebook post:
Nick Beres NC5
“SO MANY OF YOU ARE FOLLOWING THIS STORY AND MESSAGING ME ASKING FOR AN UPDATE ON THE SEARCH FOR 22-MONTH-OLD KENNETH HOWARD IN EASTERN KENTUCKY.
Sadly, he still has not been found.
Here is the latest from our CBS-affiliate WKYT:
———
The official search for a missing toddler in Eastern Kentucky is back underway after it was suspended Monday night.
Kenneth Howardwent missing Sunday night.
Carter Conley leads the Magoffin County Rescue Squad.
He told WKYT his team was contacted around 8:30 p.m.
Conley said Kenneth went missing around 7:30 p.m. and that the family spent time looking for him before calling the police.
Crews scoured the Kenneth Combs Road area of Magoffin County, near Floyd County.
“If I had a picture of it to show the area the dogs covered it would look like spaghetti strung all over," said Conley.
There is a wooded hillside behind and around the boy's home at the end of a hollow.
The search grid is a half-mile radius from the house.
Two helicopters were called out to the area along with several search dogs.
The dogs went over the area several times in the 24-hours-plus since Kenneth first disappeared.
“I mean how far can a 22-month-old child get? So at this time, we’re just concentrating on this area," said Magoffin County Sheriff Carson Montgomery.
One challenge the teams face is the terrain.
It's covered in trees and brush, and it's steep.
Crews told WKYT they've had to use ropes to get down in a ravine.
They also used a side-by-side and almost flipped at one point.
Some are even more concerned because of the cooler weather and rainy conditions that have occurred since his disappearance.
“It's gut-wrenching. It really is," emergency manager and family friend Robert Prater said. "As cool as it got last night and the rain, you start to worry about hypothermia."
Search and rescue leaders say they've exhausted all of their resources and have done everything they know to do until they get more information from investigators.
It's unclear what Kenneth's parents were doing when he went missing.
Elden Howard is the father of the 22-month-old.
Howard told WYMT he has no idea how Kenneth went missing.
“It's just like he disappeared. No sign, no nothing," Howard said. "That's the reason I'm starting to think we can't find him."
He also said it's a possibility Kenneth was picked up by someone.
———
SO, WHAT HAPPENED HERE?
Did the child fall into a culvert or ravine or well or body of water?
Was he abducted?
There is no Amber Alert.
Police have not given any indication of foul play.
But I assure you at this point all options are on the table.
THE SAD FACT IS that experts say with each passing day the chances of finding a child this young alive become slimmer and slimmer.
THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS HE IS FOUND SAFE.
I will continue to update you.”

Nick Beres NC5 Facebook post:
Nick Beres NC5
“SO MANY OF YOU ARE FOLLOWING THIS STORY AND MESSAGING ME ASKING FOR AN UPDATE ON THE SEARCH FOR 22-MONTH-OLD KENNETH HOWARD IN EASTERN KENTUCKY.
Sadly, he still has not been found.
Here is the latest from our CBS-affiliate WKYT:
———
The official search for a missing toddler in Eastern Kentucky is back underway after it was suspended Monday night.
Kenneth Howardwent missing Sunday night.
Carter Conley leads the Magoffin County Rescue Squad.
He told WKYT his team was contacted around 8:30 p.m.
Conley said Kenneth went missing around 7:30 p.m. and that the family spent time looking for him before calling the police.
Crews scoured the Kenneth Combs Road area of Magoffin County, near Floyd County.
“If I had a picture of it to show the area the dogs covered it would look like spaghetti strung all over," said Conley.
There is a wooded hillside behind and around the boy's home at the end of a hollow.
The search grid is a half-mile radius from the house.
Two helicopters were called out to the area along with several search dogs.
The dogs went over the area several times in the 24-hours-plus since Kenneth first disappeared.
“I mean how far can a 22-month-old child get? So at this time, we’re just concentrating on this area," said Magoffin County Sheriff Carson Montgomery.
One challenge the teams face is the terrain.
It's covered in trees and brush, and it's steep.
Crews told WKYT they've had to use ropes to get down in a ravine.
They also used a side-by-side and almost flipped at one point.
Some are even more concerned because of the cooler weather and rainy conditions that have occurred since his disappearance.
“It's gut-wrenching. It really is," emergency manager and family friend Robert Prater said. "As cool as it got last night and the rain, you start to worry about hypothermia."
Search and rescue leaders say they've exhausted all of their resources and have done everything they know to do until they get more information from investigators.
It's unclear what Kenneth's parents were doing when he went missing.
Elden Howard is the father of the 22-month-old.
Howard told WYMT he has no idea how Kenneth went missing.
“It's just like he disappeared. No sign, no nothing," Howard said. "That's the reason I'm starting to think we can't find him."
He also said it's a possibility Kenneth was picked up by someone.
———
SO, WHAT HAPPENED HERE?
Did the child fall into a culvert or ravine or well or body of water?
Was he abducted?
There is no Amber Alert.
Police have not given any indication of foul play.
But I assure you at this point all options are on the table.
THE SAD FACT IS that experts say with each passing day the chances of finding a child this young alive become slimmer and slimmer.
THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS HE IS FOUND SAFE.
I will continue to update you.”

Idk but there are a lot of things in there that have me scratching my head. Mainly that search and rescue teams couldn’t even hardly search the area because of how steep it is.

The only way I can see that he could have wondered off is down the driveway.

Are these enormous open pits in the ground with steep cliffs similar to a rock quarry

In Ohio the strip mines are filled in. IDK about Kentucky but you can see them in Hollye's map here.
Kenneth Howard - 12 May 2019 - Google My Maps

Yeah, I hear you. I say that everyday.

Me too, guys. I generally lurk in the background, reading and hoping for good news as these cases tear me to pieces. I may be silent, but I am always there. And oh boy, do I feel and hurt along with all of u.

This little guy Kenneth is absolutely adorable and I pray he is found soon somehow. He has to be starving and exhausted by now. Trying to stay positive.....

I don't think one would fall in. IMO if Kenneth is there he didn't get there by himself.

No link but a post I saw stated the person had just spoken with s
I wonder who he was talking to on the front porch, could this have been some sort of setup to get Kenneth? IMO
IIRC, the fathers brother (Kenneth’s uncle) was also at the home that day. I remember it being mentioned in one of the articles from Monday.

JMO

No link but a post I saw stated the person had just spoken with s

IIRC, the fathers brother (Kenneth’s uncle) was also at the home that day. I remember it being mentioned in one of the articles from Monday.

JMO

Right. Then the next story the dad went inside for a moment & lastly the child was playing in the yard on the opposite side of the house from dad. Smh

This is a bit bizarre.

Hardly any mention of mom. Does she live there?

I never understand stopping a search for a child and then starting it up again. I didn't understand it for Libby and Abby either. I got it for Maleah but there was serious flooding at severe storms. If it was my kid, I'd be out there forever.

Does anyone remember that story of a young child who went missing (they thought) in a cornfield? They searched for a couple of days I think, and then she turned up out of nowhere. She had been with someone I think. I can't remember all the details but it was very strange.

I'm getting a bit of that vibe here.

MOO

Right. Then the next story the dad went inside for a moment & lastly the child was playing in the yard on the opposite side of the house from dad. Smh

Search called off yesterday evening, no more searches till we find something to give us reason to continue

Investigators were at the property all morning no official search.

then all of a sudden at 2:30 or so they call back in searchers and start searching strip mines

Not sure what to make of that but it’s strange for a child rescue case.

Where’s the sense of urgency?

It depends on if they're currently strip mining the land or not. If they’re stripping the land, then there’s steep high walls and cliffs where they've dug the earth out and pits at the bottom with very deep water. Once they’re done stripping, they reclaim the land, escavate and fill it all back in with earth and plant grass over it.

JMO

Would really like to know who he was talking to on the front porch and if that person was still there when Kenneth disappeared.

Apparently, the father may have been talking to his brother, according to this:

"'I think the dad may have been on the front porch talking with maybe one
of his brothers. I think the child slipped out the back door,' explained family
friend Robert Prater. Prater is not only a friend but also the Magoffin County Emergency Management Director."​

Family and friends worry as search efforts continue for missing 22-month-old

This is a bit bizarre.

Hardly any mention of mom. Does she live there?

I never understand stopping a search for a child and then starting it up again. I didn't understand it for Libby and Abby either. I got it for Maleah but there was serious flooding at severe storms. If it was my kid, I'd be out there forever.

Does anyone remember that story of a young child who went missing (they thought) in a cornfield? They searched for a couple of days I think, and then she turned up out of nowhere. She had been with someone I think. I can't remember all the details but it was very strange.

I'm getting a bit of that vibe here.

MOO
Rainn Peterson in Ohio? My husband and I were comparing her case with Kenneth's today.
https://www.cleveland.com/metro/201...police_say_many_unanswered_questions_exist.ht

Apparently, the father may have been talking to his brother, according to this:

"'I think the dad may have been on the front porch talking with maybe one
of his brothers. I think the child slipped out the back door,' explained family
friend Robert Prater. Prater is not only a friend but also the Magoffin County Emergency Management Director."​

Family and friends worry as search efforts continue for missing 22-month-old

Thanks for finding this. I was sure I read (somewhere) that the father was talking to his brother when Kenneth went missing.
JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back