FL FL - Jennifer Odom, 12, Blanton, 19 Feb 1993

I haven't seen anything convicting Crum of this crime yet. Am I missing something or has his trial not occurred yet? Also, any possibility of a link here? Even though the locations are far apart, the POI seems to travel.

In the podcast (and in regards to Crum), authorities state, any evidence they have is being tested and looked at ... however, they also stated that this is going to be a very long process, nothing that can happen within a few days or months ... even years ... so, I'm not sure what they have ... a fingerprint was found on the clarinet case that did not belong to Jennifer, her family or the people who found her items, but aside from that authorities have never verified if they have or don't have DNA. Hopefully, they have something that can tie Jennifer to her killer and give her family some answers and closure.

I have the impression--and this is strictly my impression, not anything definite--that maybe the case against Crum isn't as tight as they thought it was.

Well that a surprise and disturbing that my map is out there. I know when you post on the internet your posts are up for grabs, but i would have done a better job, LOL. Anyway, it is what it is.

Hello! This is my first post on here, the Jennifer Odom case has been on my mind ALOT over the years. I was born and raised in Hernando County and she disappeared on my 15th birthday in 1993, so this case always stuck with me.
One of the things that stuck with me, is does anyone really think that it is a co incidence that her book bag and clarinet case were found right at the month mark after the unsolved mysteries episode aired? The unsolved mysteries episode aired December 2,1994 and these items were found January 5, 1995. And as previous posts have stated and the pictures I have seen of the site near Oak Hill. They had recently been placed there. I have always believe that whomever did this was local, and knew the area well, and I think that either they got nervous that these items were out there on national television, or someone in their household realized what they were and threw them out....

Hello! This is my first post on here, the Jennifer Odom case has been on my mind ALOT over the years. I was born and raised in Hernando County and she disappeared on my 15th birthday in 1993, so this case always stuck with me.
One of the things that stuck with me, is does anyone really think that it is a co incidence that her book bag and clarinet case were found right at the month mark after the unsolved mysteries episode aired? The unsolved mysteries episode aired December 2,1994 and these items were found January 5, 1995. And as previous posts have stated and the pictures I have seen of the site near Oak Hill. They had recently been placed there. I have always believe that whomever did this was local, and knew the area well, and I think that either they got nervous that these items were out there on national television, or someone in their household realized what they were and threw them out....

Welcome Lyllygarie, nice to see a new face remembering Jennifer. I didn't realize that Unsolved aired on that date.

Fyi- tomorrow morning at 10a the hernando county sheriff is having a press conference to discuss a suspect in a violent crime (cold case) fingers crossed that finally Jennifer might finally be getting the justice she deserves!

Just a few weeks ago Jeffrey Norman Crum. Sr. was sentenced to two life sentences to be served consecutively for beating and raping 17-year-old Carolyn Murray as she walked home from her Pasco County bus stop in 1992. Poor Carolyn was left for dead. Her aunt found her and her life was spared, though she suffered permanent injuries from the attack. I went to Crum's sentencing hearing, and was able to hear the victim statement given by Carolyn's aunt. She said that a year after Carolyn was attacked Jennifer Odom was taken from the school bus stop in the same way, she said "it brought it all back." I know they are looking at Crum for her murder, though I don't have any more recent information that what has been already covered. My question is this: does anyone know of any other Bus Stop kidnappings from Pasco, Hernando, Hillsborough, Citrus counties in the late 1980's early 1990's?

Just a few weeks ago Jeffrey Norman Crum. Sr. was sentenced to two life sentences to be served consecutively for beating and raping 17-year-old Carolyn Murray as she walked home from her Pasco County bus stop in 1992. Poor Carolyn was left for dead. Her aunt found her and her life was spared, though she suffered permanent injuries from the attack. I went to Crum's sentencing hearing, and was able to hear the victim statement given by Carolyn's aunt. She said that a year after Carolyn was attacked Jennifer Odom was taken from the school bus stop in the same way, she said "it brought it all back." I know they are looking at Crum for her murder, though I don't have any more recent information that what has been already covered. My question is this: does anyone know of any other Bus Stop kidnappings from Pasco, Hernando, Hillsborough, Citrus counties in the late 1980's early 1990's?
Yes I think we talked about him on here. Interesting that CM was abducted in Spring Hill, where JO's back pack and instrument case was found. I wonder if he lived in Spring Hill back then or closer to where JO lived. It mentions that he has a son who was 10 or 11 back then. It would be interesting to know where he went to school if he lived closer to Blanton. Jennifer had a younger sister in elementary school. Unsolved: DNA may finally solve girl's 1993 murder

Yes I think we talked about him on here. Interesting that CM was abducted in Spring Hill, where JO's back pack and instrument case was found. I wonder if he lived in Spring Hill back then or closer to where JO lived. It mentions that he has a son who was 10 or 11 back then. It would be interesting to know where he went to school if he lived closer to Blanton. Jennifer had a younger sister in elementary school. Unsolved: DNA may finally solve girl's 1993 murder

That's a really good point about his son. CM was actually abducted in Land O' Lakes in Pasco County, but the rural areas of Pasco and Hernando counties really blend together out there. They are vast, but all connected by SR 41, and other highways. In 1992 he lived in Hernando County, right off of 41, but 41 hits 52, which was where CM lived near. Here is a newish Bay News 9 video: 1993 Cold Case: The Murder Investigation of Jennifer Odom, 12, Continues

That's a really good point about his son. CM was actually abducted in Land O' Lakes in Pasco County, but the rural areas of Pasco and Hernando counties really blend together out there. They are vast, but all connected by SR 41, and other highways. In 1992 he lived in Hernando County, right off of 41, but 41 hits 52, which was where CM lived near. Here is a newish Bay News 9 video: 1993 Cold Case: The Murder Investigation of Jennifer Odom, 12, Continues
You where asking about other cases in the area. Jeff Jr was born in Tampa in 1981 according to arrest records. Jennifer Marteliz disappeared walking home from school in 1982 in Tampa.

You where asking about other cases in the area. Jeff Jr was born in Tampa in 1981 according to arrest records. Jennifer Marteliz disappeared walking home from school in 1982 in Tampa.
Wow!!! I have been trying to search for bus stop abductions/similar abductions but have been unable to really find anything. Thank you for posting. I have been looking for similar cases in the area but have been unable to find any. That poor family, I was actually hoping I did not find any.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back