Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #101

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, @Charlot123 -- have no idea of what you are speaking, since I have never claimed to quote you regarding the "window of opportunity" (yet it is entirely possible that you used that very phrase, unbeknownst to me, since I have not been able to keep up with *every* post in this swiftly-moving thread).

When I wrote my post early this morning before leaving for work, it never occurred to me that someone would think I was quoting them! This post I wrote earlier today was simply based on my own curiosity (and...I must admit...a little eagerness to see justice served for the sake of Abby & Libby), as to whether or not there would be some kind of judicial "leniency" (for want of a better word) for a suspect who actually confessed to the crime. Hope that clarifies.

*n.b.: Words that appear in blue font were colored blue by me.

All fine. I did use the phrase, “window of opportunity”, simply because I do feel that this is the single best thing BG could do for himself, confess. The LE will find him, I have to believe it, and honest confession at the time when everyone hoped for it might have made things easier for the BG, who is “hiding in plain sight”.

Instead, he chose mimicry. Pretending he is all normal and good.

Interestingly, if he is a religious man, and this is what Carter and everyone else assume - is he not afraid of the afterlife? Not at all?

I have to assume he does not believe in anything...

No disrespect taken. It’s just opinions. I carry a Glock and in my shoulder holster, the gun is under my left arm, not in front. I am right handed. Only the handle of the gun sticks out. I also have one that fits on my right side and the gun sits lower on my hip, but not in front. Only the handle sticks out. There are several different styles though. If it possibly was a gun, and a gun was involved, along with other items, I just cannot see him taking the time to mess around to get it out from under his jacket.

But... it looks like he has only one button to undo in order to easily reach it... if "it" is a gun.

Attachments

• delphi-poi.jpg
    delphi-poi.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 52
All fine. I did use the phrase, “window of opportunity”, simply because I do feel that this is the single best thing BG could do for himself, confess. The LE will find him, I have to believe it, and honest confession at the time when everyone hoped for it might have made things easier for the BG, who is “hiding in plain sight”.

Instead, he chose mimicry. Pretending he is all normal and good.

Interestingly, if he is a religious man, and this is what Carter and everyone else assume - is he not afraid of the afterlife? Not at all?

I have to assume he does not believe in anything...
I wonder if the religious references were LE's tactic to warn BG that he is not The One in ultimate "power." It only takes a minimally spiritual person to get the meaning. It takes all his power away. The girls aren't still suffering, and one way or another, he'll answer to somebody more powerful.

Last edited:
So his clothing after the crime is still a big question as it would maybe have blood on it or water/mud from the creek etc.

So did he wear these clothes out during his exit from the crime scene or did he change or strip a layer....did he have a bag, etc.

So many questions.
Quoted was snipped by me....

I believe he may have been the infamous 'man dressed in black' that the group of students saw. (If this story is not a 'rumor'.)

1 min 45 seconds (interview with Chastity.)

Oh how I wish we could know if that man was ever interviewed....its bugged me from that start that 'he brushed by them .' when they said hello.

It indicates he wasn't interested in being stopped, or perhaps even being seen.

On a beautiful day in February on a hiking trail....who would be in a hurry and why?

JMO

Last edited:
Good Morning America is airing a segment with Alex Perez of ABC News interviewing Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter about this case on Wednesday (tomorrow) morning.
So I wonder if GMA seeked out Cater for the interview or was it the other way around? Maybe he (Carter) has something of substance to say tomorrow.

But... it looks like he has only one button to undo in order to easily reach it... if "it" is a gun.

Yes. Lucky or well prepared, MOO always prepared and saw the opportunity.

Here is the map link with the proposed trail. MOO the proposed trail is already an informal trail.

hiking trail map monon high bridge
Dozens spend day after Christmas hiking

Last edited:

I finally figured out how to rationalize the gun and its positioning.

You know how some old windbreakers have an interior pocket, like mesh or something with the opening at the top? If he just dropped the gun in there I could very easily see it sitting like that, and to reach it he'd just have to reach through what appears to be a gap in the buttons and into the pocket with his left hand. Could be why he left that gap (if in fact it truly is there).

I'm still far from 100% sold on that being a gun, but I have always been able to see what people are talking about, and at least now I can wrap my head around it from a positioning standpoint.

I’m looking at a military holster which is different and might make sense about the angle...anyway I turned my phone upside down and was looking at BG upside down and realized I’d never done this before and that seems somewhat surprising at the moment.

I did a similar thing a couple days ago looking at it sideways, and my reaction was the same deal, like how have I never done that before?

Even after that I still don't think I've ever thought about looking at it upside down haha

"might appear younger than his true age"

Hmmm. Now I read that for the nth time it appears to me that you're right and they would have to know that "true age" to actually make that comment true, wouldn't they? They must indeed therefore know the suspect or at least know several "cousins" from a gene pool of suspects from the DNA IMO.

Well, no, I take it the exact opposite. They know from witness description and so on that he appears to be a younger man. But they only know how he appears. They don't know his real age, so they can't rule out that he is somewhat older but looks young.

Good Morning America is airing a segment with Alex Perez of ABC News interviewing Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter about this case on Wednesday (tomorrow) morning.

Welcome to Websleuths Phoenix Rising. Thank you so much for this very useful post it will be very interesting what Superintendent Carter has to say.

This is another type of investigative tip law enforcement doesn't need.

There is no... I repeat... NO... reason to believe this guy came from California simply because California repealed their 3-strike law and released a few thousand non violent offenders on parol in 2018.

I don’t think the poster was thinking this was a tip for LE.

I agree side by sides, psychic visions, dreams and suggestions along the lines of “hey, you might want to check cameras in the area” are not what LE needs. Now if someone worked in a specialized field and had knowledge of an investigative technique or a source of information that LE might not be aware of I wouldn’t have a problem with that being called in as a tip. LE is not all knowing.

Edit: I’m not referring to myself.

Last edited:
If LE has DNA I wonder if it's enough or good quality. Real life is much different than CSI.

Exactly, this is what I have mentioned in past threads. How much DNA do they have and is it compromised in any way. Do they have a small sample? Although forensics has come a long way in respect to mixed DNA, however it can still be problematic.

We have talked very little about something that's nagging me. "Authorities say he is between 18 and 40, but said he may appear younger than he is." Why call that out? That last qualifier speaks volumes IMO. That's a very, very specific qualifier. Again, this is all MOO but they aren't referring to someone who is 39 but looks 35 or someone who is 25 and looks 20. The average person would not even notice a few years age difference. They are referring to someone who looks noticeably and obviously much younger. LE hasn't used the word "much." That word is my interpretation only. So if he's 39, he may look closer to 29. If he's 29, he may look closer to 19.
He’s got a “baby face”

He’s got a “baby face”

I think so the “40” is not focused on too heavily as that seems to be their outside range of their best estimate. A 40-yr old coming to mind would be a very different person from maybe a 22-year old. One might be apt to dismiss the younger possibility as less likely, based on what we know of other child killers. So they want to make sure any young men are also brought to their attention as well.

Just a guess, as always. But it really reinforces to me that they want to hear about anyyone and everyone.

Surely this has been mentioned over a thousand times, but if BG is indeed only 18 now, he would have been 16 at the time of the crimes. I don't think he's that young, but if so, he'd have had the day off of school, too. MOO

Edit: I've been made aware that the age range was changed to 20s to 30s. Ignore this post. :)

Did Universities have that day off too? It was President's day too IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken