GUILTY WV - Riley Crossman, 15, Martinsburg, Morgan County, 7 May 2019 *arrest*

Nothing about the SM profile of this girl sets off the "runaway" red flags.

Hard to say because her last couple instagram posts are a bit disturbing. Something was clearly happening in Riley's life. Almost as if she was trying to indicate or give clues that something was off. JMO

The problem with the story that she had a wheeled backpack is this:
There's been no activity on her cell phone or social media since Wednesday at 522am. No teen shuts down voluntarily like that. Even if she left, it's doubtful she would not use her phone at all, to contact anyone, look for directions, survey social media etc. No cell pings at all since she tried to reach out to her boyfriend. She went completely dark. Also troublesome is the fact there have been no sightings... Nothing. Not in the area, not in adjacent areas. It doesn't fit.

Unfortunately, it has happened before where a teen shuts down all contact and a friend or love interest covers for her. I followed the Autumn Sanville case, and she voluntarily left and shut her phone off for three weeks while staying with a new love interest. I'm not saying that this is what has happened in this case, however in a world filled with much worse outcomes, I'd rather stay positive.

Search being held today for missing Morgan County, W.Va., teen
Search being held today for missing Morgan County, W.Va., teen
"Bohrer previously said they have conducted phone pings and social media analysis. Investigators also interviewed friends and associates. Crews with the Berkeley Springs Volunteer Fire Department and a search party of about 70 community members have also helped search the area and distribute fliers.

The Morgan County Sheriff’s Department is the lead agency; assisting partners include: the FBI, Department of Homeland Security, Berkeley and Jefferson County Sheriff’s Department, West Virginia State Police, Troop 2 Crime Scene Team, Internet Crimes Against Children Unit, Eastern Panhandle Violent Crime Task Force, National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, Charles Town Police Department, Berkeley Springs Police Department, West Virginia Fusion Center and many others."

Last edited:
Okay here's a copy of the press release that has much of the same info on tomorrow's search as the latest article with the bad link. I wish it would work because the article mentions just how many agencies are partnering to help find Riley. Anywho this release came from Twitter: Morgan County WV on Twitter

Attachments

• E666FEE7-2D26-4082-8187-7C6AE3220011.jpeg
    E666FEE7-2D26-4082-8187-7C6AE3220011.jpeg
    108.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Adding off my previous post, I think it is very important to remember that Riley had polls of random questions posted on her Instagram page, where her peers would vote in those polls, giving us an idea of her behavior patterns and structures. This is a very lucky element to this case, and I'm baffled that we have not gained any official insight through this.

Moving onto some actual numbers,

82% of her peers/participants in the poll thought Riley has sneaked out of her house before
91% of her peers/participants in the poll thought Riley has skipped school before
Over 80% believe that Riley has consumed alcohol
Over 70% believe that Riley has used marijuana

Based on these numbers, the number of followers on her accounts, the amount of content she posts, and some quotes from news outlets, and other Instagram posts, we can safely assume that Riley had an active social life, and balancing this social life may have been very challenging for Riley-- and included sacrificing sleep, school, and time with other friends, maybe even her time with boyfriend. Since seeing this boy she probably has been sneaking out and skipping school LESS, leading her to have better grades than she typically had in the past. Interestingly enough, her mother was even quoted saying "Riley has been pulling her grades up since shes been seeing this boy."

This coupled with a out-of-context quote from her Instagram post directed to her boyfriend saying something along the lines of "...I know we lost some friends lately, but I am very happy that I get to spend so much time with you" leads me to believe that Riley had been dealing with a sense of emptiness, and wanted to feel closer to other people. A friend, probably one with a car, may have convinced her to sneak out the night she went missing. Riley maybe agreed, with the intent of reinforcing some loose connections with old friends and strengthen her social circle. For Riley, sneaking out that night and skipping school the next day would have been perfect-- her boyfriend had a field trip the next day, so if she went to school she wouldn't have gotten to see him anyways.

I think that if there is surveillance in the area anywhere that entire night, it should be checked out for Jeeps especially. If she did sneak out, she may have done so earlier than investigators believe to be the time she went missing-- I'm thinking maybe around 1am.

Remember, a vast majority of victims knew their perpetrators. People shouldn't get so hung up on her being randomly snatched by some mystery person, it is possible that she knew her abductor.

Hi all, this is a blast from the past for me as I used to spend a lot of time on here reviewing/following cases. Riley has caught my attention recently and from the very beginning has felt like a very familiar story. Each time I pop on my mind seems to drift back to Holly Bobo and Terry Britt. Is anyone familiar with that case that would like to weigh in? Terry Britt was apparently released from prison in December of last year. I am aware that he was not charged in the Holly Bobo case and that case has had its complications! I think I’m stuck on her appearance and the early morning disappearance.

Police in West Virginia are using adult volunteers to search for a teenage girl who went missing last week.

Morgan County Sheriff K.C. Bohrer says in a news release Wednesday’s search area for 15-year-old Riley Crossman included woods, vacant buildings, abandoned vehicles and bodies of water.

Police use volunteers to search for missing W.Va. teen

Adding off my previous post, I think it is very important to remember that Riley had polls of random questions posted on her Instagram page, where her peers would vote in those polls, giving us an idea of her behavior patterns and structures. This is a very lucky element to this case, and I'm baffled that we have not gained any official insight through this.

Moving onto some actual numbers,

82% of her peers/participants in the poll thought Riley has sneaked out of her house before
91% of her peers/participants in the poll thought Riley has skipped school before
Over 80% believe that Riley has consumed alcohol
Over 70% believe that Riley has used marijuana

Based on these numbers, the number of followers on her accounts, the amount of content she posts, and some quotes from news outlets, and other Instagram posts, we can safely assume that Riley had an active social life, and balancing this social life may have been very challenging for Riley-- and included sacrificing sleep, school, and time with other friends, maybe even her time with boyfriend. Since seeing this boy she probably has been sneaking out and skipping school LESS, leading her to have better grades than she typically had in the past. Interestingly enough, her mother was even quoted saying "Riley has been pulling her grades up since shes been seeing this boy."

This coupled with a out-of-context quote from her Instagram post directed to her boyfriend saying something along the lines of "...I know we lost some friends lately, but I am very happy that I get to spend so much time with you" leads me to believe that Riley had been dealing with a sense of emptiness, and wanted to feel closer to other people. A friend, probably one with a car, may have convinced her to sneak out the night she went missing. Riley maybe agreed, with the intent of reinforcing some loose connections with old friends and strengthen her social circle. For Riley, sneaking out that night and skipping school the next day would have been perfect-- her boyfriend had a field trip the next day, so if she went to school she wouldn't have gotten to see him anyways.

I think that if there is surveillance in the area anywhere that entire night, it should be checked out for Jeeps especially. If she did sneak out, she may have done so earlier than investigators believe to be the time she went missing-- I'm thinking maybe around 1am.

Remember, a vast majority of victims knew their perpetrators. People shouldn't get so hung up on her being randomly snatched by some mystery person, it is possible that she knew her abductor.
I keep coming back to the part where here boyfriend would not be in school the next day. He would likely be the only one who would notice her absence as odd, but he was not there to notice. This makes me think that either someone familiar with her knew he wouldn’t be there to notice or, like you said, she would realize that as well.

The early morning missed call is important if that was the normal thing she did. If she had not called as normal, he would have found that odd, maybe called her house phone and spoken with mom. Maybe she (or someone) purposely avoided him picking up, by not letting it ring more than once perhaps. The cell phone pings would be so interesting. Where was she at that time. And who did she text until midnight?

Search and rescue effort underway for Riley Crossman
"Law enforcement officials are also taking trained K-9s to the area of Greenway Drive — which is the last known location of Crossman, according to Bohrer.
“Volunteers are looking for anything suspicious or anything related to Riley,” Bohrer said. “As of this morning there is no new information.”

I haven't had the chance to follow a case in a while, but this one grabbed my attention. I feel that there is more than meets the eye going on, and that there is the possibility she left willingly. Her social media posts express that the boyfriend's and her friendship circles are getting smaller (but at least they have each other), yet she also mentions that they fight a lot, which concerns me. I am not blaming the boyfriend at all, I just feel like there is much more going on than the "perfect" teen-aged love story that is being portrayed through the pictures on social media. It's a lot of pressure being a teenager these days and I hope with all of my heart she is found safe and sound very soon!!

I haven't had the chance to follow a case in a while, but this one grabbed my attention. I feel that there is more than meets the eye going on, and that there is the possibility she left willingly. Her social media posts express that the boyfriend's and her friendship circles are getting smaller (but at least they have each other), yet she also mentions that they fight a lot, which concerns me. I am not blaming the boyfriend at all, I just feel like there is much more going on than the "perfect" teen-aged love story that is being portrayed through the pictures on social media. It's a lot of pressure being a teenager these days and I hope with all of my heart she is found safe and sound very soon!!

ITA! And your heart is very good. I hope the same for Riley.

In response to Squeekyyy's post: I also looked at her social media (Instagram) and felt there was something going on in her personal life, perhaps at home. There are a couple Facebook pages dedicated to finding her run by locals. (i live in WV but 4 hours from Morgan county). When I questioned if the mother's boyfriend had been cleared, i was chastised by the admin of both pages and told to NOT start spreading rumors about the boyfriend, that they KNEW him personally and he passed lie detector and to not use this page with theories. I found it odd that the admins would be so upset about me asking a simple question, that was NOT a theory, and had not been answered by the press etc... In the news stories I have read, the mom's boyfriend is not mentioned at all, which i find strange because they mention her father's wife. The ANGER by the admin made me think there may be more to this situation that may not be public information. Did the mom's boyfriend do something (hit her) to make her run off? I pray she is safe. We need another "found safe" story this week!

I am in 2 “finding Riley” FB groups as well. In one all discussion is being shot down; it is a prayers and informational page only and is public. The other group is very pro discussion and closed. In the latter, I thought there were several comments about being people weirded out by the boyfriend not being talked about/mentioned in MSM. I perceived the backlash in that group was from members who are confused by what type of group it is (a sleuth group as opposed to an informational group) as opposed to admin. I will pay better attention though. Obviously, I could be wrong. Many threads have been deleted recently (due to name calling and profanity by upset and confused people I spoke of).

I think the BF is someone that should be looked at too. It’s weird that he is being left out of MSM. I’m not sure we even have a name as of yet. Weird.

Also, I think the rolling backpack girl was determined to have been another student, not RC. Rolling backpack girl is regularly seen in the am going to school. According to many people commenting, not LE.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back