Found Deceased IL - Dominic Walker, 16, Asperger’s and ADHD, Decatur, 11 May 2019

Shin Masamura

Him who is without syntax cast out the 1st pronoun
Reaction score
5cd83ff751a78.preview.png

*Mental Health Concerns*

Dominic Walker, 16
Decatur, IL
Last seen May 11th, 2019
*ASPERGER'S

Dominic was last seen Saturday around 3:30 A.M. He is from Mattoon, but was visiting with family in Decatur. Dominic has high functioning Asperger’s and ADHD. He left his phone and tablet so he does not have a form of communication or a way to be tracked.

He is described as a white male, 16yrs old, 5'4", slim build, and wears glasses. He was last seen wearing blue shorts and a red pullover. No shoes or sandals on.

If you have any information or have seen Dominic, please call the Decatur Police Dept at (217) 424-2711.
Decatur police searching for missing teenager
5cd83ff6d8915.preview.jpg

For those not aware of the area, Decatur, IL (where Dominic went missing) is about an hour northwest of Mattoon, IL (where Dominic lived).

The area of Decatur that Dominic went missing is not exactly a nice/safe neighborhood. It is definitely not the worst area of Decatur, but I wouldn't want to be wandering around that area at 3:30 in the morning. (and I actually do live in Decatur)

Hoping and praying that Dominic is found soon!

Additional information on that specific area of Decatur, IL.

There is a MAJOR train railway system a block or so south of King Street. That railway runs all the way through Decatur past several LARGE industrial businesses.

Also of note, there was a shooting a block east of where Dominic disappeared just one night before he went missing.

Police: Injuries in West King Street shooting not considered life-threatening

I’m a family member of his. And there are no updates.
Everything about it is wrong. My mom and I are so confused. Running away would be so out of character. Especially with no phone, money, or shoes. Nothing.
My mom, husband, and I are just doing our best to circulate the news articles.
I found this website by chance while looking for all the different articles I could find. Please keep sharing.

Everything about it is wrong. My mom and I are so confused. Running away would be so out of character. Especially with no phone, money, or shoes. Nothing.
I found this website by chance while looking for all the different articles I could find. Please keep sharing.
Welcome to Websleuths! I am so sorry your family is going thru this scenario. I would recommend you click the blue word Report and ask a moderator to set you up as a Verified Insider. I think its a pretty easy process. That way you won’t need to provide social media links with the information you provide. I hope we are able to help with information or ideas to bring Dominic home quickly.

West King St Decatur IL dead ends into a park at the end of the road from the shopping plaza. There is a body of water (circled in red in attached photo). If he wandered away on his own, this water may have been intriguing to him. This area seems to be a major thoroughfare based on the roads. There should be cameras at the plaza. As you travel along the other end of West King St, there are some businesses that would have cameras. Liquor store, a couple churches, a school, etc.

Attachments

• E06372B5-869F-4183-933A-E2F51E60294A.jpeg
    E06372B5-869F-4183-933A-E2F51E60294A.jpeg
    226.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
The end of West King is actually at Fairlawn Cemetery. To get to that body of water circled in red it would be a long haul through some thick woods with no shoes on......

Not sure how familiar Dominic is with Decatur, but there is a large park (Fairview Park) to the south of that shopping center along West King.

The park has a skate park that kids hang out at. There is a small pond there and also a bike/walking trail through Fairview Park that runs both north and south for miles.

I know Saturday in Decatur it rained a large percentage of the day, with temps down into the 40’s at night. I have to assume the police are looking into whether he took shelter in an abandoned building (and there are a LOT of them in the area).

He doesn’t know Decatur well. He just visits every other weekend at his dad’s.
It was raining a lot, yeah. So they couldn’t use the dogs to look right away.
They have since searched a lot of woods and abandoned houses and stuff in the area. Still nothing.

The end of West King is actually at Fairlawn Cemetery. To get to that body of water circled in red it would be a long haul through some thick woods with no shoes on......

Not sure how familiar Dominic is with Decatur, but there is a large park (Fairview Park) to the south of that shopping center along West King.

The park has a skate park that kids hang out at. There is a small pond there and also a bike/walking trail through Fairview Park that runs both north and south for miles.

I know Saturday in Decatur it rained a large percentage of the day, with temps down into the 40’s at night. I have to assume the police are looking into whether he took shelter in an abandoned building (and there are a LOT of them in the area).

He doesn’t know Decatur well. He just visits every other weekend at his dad’s.
It was raining a lot, yeah. So they couldn’t use the dogs to look right away.
They have since searched a lot of woods and abandoned houses and stuff in the area. Still nothing.

I have one child a few years older than Dominic and one a couple of years younger. Living in Decatur, this has hit close to home.

We will continue to hope and pray that Dominic is found and brought home safely ASAP!

Welcome to WS Lookingout, I came across your FB post originally and piece together some finding to make this post. Thanks for initially getting the word out when you did and hope you do find him. In the mean time we will get the word out. Do you know what his day was like the day prior? Or the thing or places he likes when he does visit his dad? Thanks and prayers coming your families way..

Ok, I see more bodies of water south of the plaza as you mentioned.

Good to know about the skate park too. I wonder if LE has spoken to those that frequent the skate park regularly. That would be an excellent place to put up flyers/posters. Maybe a printing company nearby can donate them.

Attachments

• B04D46C0-326E-4E76-99D7-9B41426FF452.jpeg
    B04D46C0-326E-4E76-99D7-9B41426FF452.jpeg
    347.4 KB · Views: 5
Welcome to WS Lookingout, I came across your FB post originally and piece together some finding to make this post. Thanks for initially getting the word out when you did and hope you do find him. In the mean time we will get the word out. Do you know what his day was like the day prior? Or the thing or places he likes when he does visit his dad? Thanks and prayers coming your families way..
That’s a good point about reviewing his day - trying to think of a trigger for why he reacted the way he did.
Was this visit with Dad any different than usual?
Was he looking forward to his visit with Dad?
Was his week at home, prior to his visit with Dad, unusual?
Anything going on in school that was troubling him? Like exams, bullies, crush on a girl, etc.
Were any therapies he participated in making him scared, concerned, worried? Had he mentioned anything to the school support staff or teachers?
Has he been a big user of social media? Could he have come in contact with someone who convinced him to meet up?

As far as I know, up until that point everything was normal.
When he’s with his dad, they don’t really do a whole lot. Dominic lives and goes to school in Mattoon so he doesn’t really know his way around Decatur at all.

That’s a good point about reviewing his day - trying to think of a trigger for why he reacted the way he did.
Was this visit with Dad any different than usual?
Was he looking forward to his visit with Dad?
Was his week at home, prior to his visit with Dad, unusual?
Anything going on in school that was troubling him? Like exams, bullies, crush on a girl, etc.
Were any therapies he participated in making him scared, concerned, worried? Had he mentioned anything to the school support staff or teachers?
Has he been a big user of social media? Could he have come in contact with someone who convinced him to meet up?

Nothing was really any different at all. my mom really does pay attention to him and how he’s doing. Especially because of his Aspergers. When he’s feeling more down, she'll tell me to message him extra that night or whatever. He’s home alone all the time because my mom works 3rd shift and nothing like this has ever happened.

Definitely not at all big on social media. He’s just not a very social person. The only person there was a lead with was a person from school that my mom felt was a bad influence on him but they weren’t together. She was home with her parents.

The schools have always been informed on his condition so if was acting or said anything concerning they would have definitely said so.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brew23p
Back