Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #102

Status
Not open for further replies.
I googled Purdue’s schedule for 2017 and I didn’t see any holidays in February, not even the federal Presidents’ Day. Not sure what other colleges are around there to compare to.
There are many reasons why someone could have had that day off from work or school. Maybe he works part time, works weekends and has Monday off (restaurant or retail work for example). Works nights or didn’t have any classes on Monday afternoons.
Just throwing out ideas.

I don't think it would make a difference either way. College schedules vary, most of the time it's not M-F 8-3, even for FT students.
jmo

Well he didn't exactly say that but many of us here have wondered
what happened in the investigation to thwart the investigation?
Was it botched by local amateur investigators? Was the crime scene contaminated by the time FBI came in?
Was the perp so brilliant he has fooled investigators?
Was this the perfect crime?
I'd also like to know how much time has FBI really been on the job here or were they simply there to supplement the investigation
with technical help?
I doubt local LE has much experience solving murder crimes.

Maybe the local PD does not have experience but I would hope they had enough sense to not mess around and wait for the state police. I am sure the state police of Indiana know what they are doing.

I don't care what he says to the public, I still believe they know who it is and just do not have the proof they need. MOO
I felt like that too, until this morning. Feeling very sad and disheartened. I now feel that the April 22nd PC was meant to give this impression to somehow comfort the family. I can only imagine what it was like for them to learn that LE has been going down the wrong "trail" for over two years. It had to be a bit of a shock to say the least. The PC was meant to inform the public and soften the blow. Three weeks out, it appears reality is setting in :(
ed:to make more sense.

Witness in Delphi double murder likely afraid to come forward

Link above

I can fully understand why they would be afraid to come forward. If the witness is a relative, I cannot see them giving him up. If it is a friend, they will be in fear of their life.

MOO

I totally agree. I watched someone basically snap on me last weekend (in a public setting) over my "look I know the truth of what you did". It was moral, not criminal. I cannot imagine living with the fear of BG finding out who said "look I know what he did".

Maybe the local PD does not have experience but I would hope they had enough sense to not mess around and wait for the state police. I am sure the state police of Indiana know what they are doing.

Yes, ISP was involved from the onset, including Sgt Riley making the announcement the bodies were found on the 14th.

Bodies found amid search for 2 missing Indiana teens

ETA - It was later stated the FBI were involved in release of the photo clipped and enhanced from Libby’s cellphone video, although at the time the actual source wasn’t revealed.
February 15, 2017 6:50 p.m.
Indiana State Police released the photo above of a man they believe was on the Delphi Historic Trail around the time that Abigail Williams and Liberty German were there .
DELPHI TIMELINE: The search for Libby & Abby's killer

Last edited:
Its fascinating to me that there seems to be no worry whatsoever that BG will kill again. Seems to be no urgency that there is a killer on the loose.

The focus appears to be finding who killed Abby and Libby (which it should) but it just appears to be no concern that other kids in the area could be next.

John Douglas. Didn't he also rule out the Ramsey family as the perps in JBR's death?

If he thinks this could have been solved quickly, then maybe he should have gotten his so smart self to Delphi ASAP to offer his assistance. He didn't.

So, meh on Douglas. All hat, no cattle here.

I’ve watched a Netflix series based on John Douglas’s book “Mindhunter.” Looking forward to the next season. I find criminal profiling fascinating.

Obviously it is just his opinion, but he pointed out that “Guys” was said in a way a teacher or coach would talk.... “Not an order”...familiarity.

Many stated the same here.

Last edited:
I don't care what he says to the public, I still believe they know who it is and just do not have the proof they need. MOO

I don't care what others on this thread think, they have absolutely no idea who the assailant is. They're going off a basic profile, and people are treating this information like it means something.

They are dead cold and they know it.

They're hoping for that one tip that opens the closed door.

That person who is afraid has to understand that we are not talking about Italian Mafia, and witnesses these days won’t end up in cement.

Also, there are witness protection programs, and they work.

But, first, the witness himself may be unsafe if the perp guesses who the witness is. So the witness’s only protection is to spill the beans, so to say.

Also, till this is walking and is not arrested, no child, no woman in Delphi, in Purdue, and even much further, is safe. BG may come across as OK, but he is a madman, and does not belong to any community.

I don't care what others on this thread think, they have absolutely no idea who the assailant is. They're going off a basic profile, and people are treating this information like it means something.

They are dead cold and they know it.

They're hoping for that one tip that opens the closed door.

I believe they have some DNA. Maybe not all, but something to rule someone out, they have. And what they have, too, matched the perpetrator. It all points at the same person.

After investigators did a drug sweep under the pretense of looking for the girls' killer, it's no wonder there's a reluctance to trust LE. Carter seemed to acknowledge this on Dr. Phil:

“What I need for people to do is trust who we are. There are lots of reasons not to - and I understand that - but trust who we are.”

John Douglas. Didn't he also rule out the Ramsey family as the perps in JBR's death?

If he thinks this could have been solved quickly, then maybe he should have gotten his so smart self to Delphi ASAP to offer his assistance. He didn't.

So, meh on Douglas. All hat, no cattle here.

MOO he took time up criticizing.
MOO He needed to help, to use his time to appeal for a witness to come forward with suspicions about a person or info about the parked vehicle at CPS.
To ask for every one from Zion to Monticello, Lafayette to Kokomo to think about every white, deep voiced, shorter, 25 year oldish male in their acquaintance and where that person was on the afternoon of 2/13/17.

Well he didn't exactly say that but many of us here have wondered
what happened in the investigation to thwart the investigation?
Was it botched by local amateur investigators? Was the crime scene contaminated by the time FBI came in?
Was the perp so brilliant he has fooled investigators?
Was this the perfect crime?
I'd also like to know how much time has FBI really been on the job here or were they simply there to supplement the investigation
with technical help?
I doubt local LE has much experience solving murder crimes.

I scribbled this in my notes back in early 2017 and for 102 threads I’ve told myself I will never post it.

OK now i’m going to say it (sadly it’s the elephant in the room)and it is killing me to hit reply to thread,”BG’s trail had started to cool in the almost 24 hour delay in finding our sweet precious angels Libby and Abby”. That’s a huge disadvantage to the investigation.

There is no malice in my post just the obvious fact BG had an almost days head-start.

No accusations no shaming just stating the tragic truth.

MOO

I felt like that too, until this morning. Feeling very sad and disheartened. I now feel that the April 22nd PC was meant to give this impression to somehow comfort the family. I can only imagine what it was like for them to learn that LE has been going down the wrong "trail" for over two years. It had to be a bit of a shock to say the least. The PC was meant to inform the public and soften the blow. Three weeks out, it appears reality is setting in :(
ed:to make more sense.

If LE headed down the wrong direction in this case, IMO it pertained to early focus on a possible hitchhiker, asking for sightings of a man walking down the highway, a scuffy looking character possibly homeless etc. Maybe the investigation was still going on quietly in the background in and around Delphi but on the other hand I can imagine the local folk breathing a sigh of relief at the time if the murderer was a total stranger, then it was nobody they knew.

I sincerely hope this recent “new direction” does not cause unnecessary internal conflict and hostilities within people of the community due to turning inward and happenings such as false allegations and blame. It’s easy for anonymous people on the internet to develop theories and cast insinuations but for the families and the local population, they’re living everyday amidst the uncertainty. It must be very difficult.

MOO afraid with good reason. Maybe police should be adding that they will provide protection to a witness that solves this.

When we read about witness protection, it is always about being moved to the middle of nowhere. But the reality might be different. And ironically, for some, witness protection might be the only way to get out of this god forsaken Delphi or its equally dilapidated environs. FBI does have better resources. And if with the reward and the WP people will still be afraid, to me it might mean only that some close relatives of the BG might have spoken to the witness.

What if they (the relatives) did not threaten, but explained how ousting BG would harm all of them? I think this is exactly what happened. It is fear of other people suffering that keeps the witness from coming forward.

When we read about witness protection, it is always about being moved to the middle of nowhere. But the reality might be different. And ironically, for some, witness protection might be the only way to get out of this god forsaken Delphi or its equally dilapidated environs. FBI does have better resources. And if with the reward and the WP people will still be afraid, to me it might mean only that some close relatives of the BG might have spoken to the witness.

What if they (the relatives) did not threaten, but explained how ousting BG would harm all of them? I think this is exactly what happened. It is fear of other people suffering that keeps the witness from coming forward.

They wouldn't offer the witness protection program for a crime like this. Immunity is something they could offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆