ACTIVE SEARCH SD - Serenity Dennard, 9, Children’s Home Society, Pennington County, 3 Feb 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be honest. I think intentions were good here. The little girl is still missing and presumed deceased, it's a recovery effort (IMO). People may have felt the Birthday celebration was ghoulish. I don't think it means they don't care. They simply don't know what to do. More professional boots on the ground are most likely needed. All my opinion.

I also think Lynne's intentions are good but she makes some bad decisions. Allowing the part of the event (that we can't discuss) that over 1000 people objected to was a bad decision. That's 1000 people right there that she offended and obviously would not be participating because of it. Secondly, it was on Mother's Day---people undoubtedly had plans for that day so couldn't attend. If the event had been a search that was being conducted a day after she went missing, I'm sure there would have been a huge turn out despite it being Mother's Day but a birthday celebration for a child who's missing and presumed deceased? I can see why people weren't willing to change their plans for that.

If her intention was to draw attention to the fact Serenity is still missing, she did that. The event was reported by several media outlets. If the intention was also to honor/celebrate Serentiy's birthday, she did that too. People showed up, blew bubbles, had cup cakes and did that 'other thing'.

The only other thing I can think of that she could do is organize a search. But with all the searches that have been done with no results, I'm not sure there's any point to that.

The best that anyone can do right now, IMO, is to post flyers to keep her picture out there in case she was taken and is still alive. Birthday parties aren't going to help find her or what happened to her.

From PCSO: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2396943897034354&id=323880627674035

Ground search resumes for Serenity Dennard

Pennington County, SD – Some 40 people including outside agencies from across the state are searching for Serenity Dennard on Wednesday, May 15, 2019. The nine-year old went missing February 3 from the Black Hills Children’s Home.

Members of the Pennington County Sheriff’s Office, Pennington County Search and Rescue and Rapid City Police Department are joined by seven South Dakota agencies. The command post is stationed on the north-bound pull-off on Highway 16, just west of Sun Country Estates. The search includes some rugged terrain in a two and a half mile radius of the Children’s Home Society.

Serenity is a Caucasian female, 4 foot 7 inches, 96 pounds, with blue eyes and shoulder length dark blonde hair. She was last seen wearing a long sleeved grey shirt with flowers, blue jeans and black snow boots.

The investigation continues along with the search and recovery efforts. If anyone has information regarding the whereabouts of Serenity Dennard, please contact the Pennington County Sheriff’s Office at (605) 394-6115.

More from PCSO with the agencies that are helping today listed and pictures.

Pennington County Sheriff's Office

We are grateful to the following agencies for sending help as we continue to look for Serenity:

Brown County, SD Box Elder PD
Butte County, SD Rapid City PD
Douglas County, SD Sioux Falls PD
Hughes County, SD Watertown PD
Meade County, SD

They actually have a few posts about th4 search today with more pictures and some videos if anyone is interested.

MAY 15, 2019
Sioux Falls police join search for Serenity Dennard
[...]

Sioux Falls police spokesman Sam Clemens said the Pennington County Sheriff's Office, which is the lead agency investigating Serenity's disappearance, requested the department's help with the one-day search, which will occur Wednesday.

"We always try to honor these (requests)," Clemens said. "You never know when we're going to need some help."

[...]

Posted 2 hrs ago:
“Another day of good searching and we still did not find Serenity. We will continue to investigate every possible angle as we continue our ground search. Thanks again to the many agencies who helped us out today, especially those East River agencies who now have a long drive home (Watertown, Brown County, Hughes County, Sioux Falls PD).

[SBM]” (BBM)

Apparently the birthday party wasn't a big success.

Lynne DiSanto SD Senate District 35
17 hrs ·
I would estimate about 50 people attended.
My questions are, why does my community seem like they would rather ignore this? Why does a missing girl, in an area with 100,000 people, have only 50 show up?

I'll be honest. I think intentions were good here. The little girl is still missing and presumed deceased, it's a recovery effort (IMO). People may have felt the Birthday celebration was ghoulish. I don't think it means they don't care. They simply don't know what to do. More professional boots on the ground are most likely needed. All my opinion.

I believe I first posted the plan to mark Serenity's 10th Birthday at the square. Serenity's mom was there, as well as the longtime Senate supporter.

I don't believe people think it ghoulish to gather and show support for her family on a date that must be very painful for them (i.e., Mother's Day and missing child's birthday). People mark anniversary's all the time.

I also think the Senator was taken back that 20 times more people took time to voice their concern over balloons, than show support for the searchers, LE, family, etc. that have worked for months trying to recover this special child.

If just half that complained showed up bringing bubbles, flags, streamers, etc. that would have been 500 showing support for this child that vanished in a matter of hours.

MOO

I don't think they are going to find her. From the very beginning I had this creepy feeling that all was not as it seems.

Do you think she's still alive, and being held captive like the Ohio girls, or sold?

I remain troubled that 2 witnesses reportedly saw Serenity run from the parking lot, and that she vanished from view within minutes after following her.

Please, where is this child? :eek:

Do you think she's still alive, and being held captive like the Ohio girls, or sold?

I remain troubled that 2 witnesses reportedly saw Serenity run from the parking lot, and that she vanished from view within minutes after following her.

Please, where is this child? :eek:
I don't think she's alive.

I think someone took her, and not to give her a new puppy, a canopy bed with ruffles and every
Barbie doll ever made.

She was probably taken to be sexually abused, killed shortly afterwards, and buried who knows where. That's why they haven't found any of her remains, her clothing, or boots,----despite repeated searches in the same area.

Either that or someone from the home found her deceased, after LE left the day she went missing, and disposed of her body to cover up their incompetency.

Someone knows what happened to her and where she was placed.

JMO

I don't think she's alive.

I think someone took her, and not to give her a new puppy, a canopy bed with ruffles and every
Barbie doll ever made.

She was probably taken to be sexually abused, killed shortly afterwards, and buried who knows where. That's why they haven't found any of her remains, her clothing, or boots,----despite repeated searches in the same area.

Either that or someone from the home found her deceased, after LE left the day she went missing, and disposed of her body to cover up their incompetency.

Someone knows what happened to her and where she was placed.

JMO

BBM - I've though this for some time...

Posted 2 hrs ago:
“Another day of good searching and we still did not find Serenity. We will continue to investigate every possible angle as we continue our ground search. Thanks again to the many agencies who helped us out today, especially those East River agencies who now have a long drive home (Watertown, Brown County, Hughes County, Sioux Falls PD).

[SBM]” (BBM)
I know they went around to houses asking about her, I wish they would do it again because "maybe" "someone" knows something. There is the possibility someone took this little girl and left town. Pray

Pennington County Sheriff's Office joins FirstNet after using the network in Serenity Dennard searches
After using the FirstNet communication broadband network while searching missing 9-year-old Serenity Dennard, Pennington County is officially signed up.

The AT&T FirstNet program is a public safety broadband network created to help first responders communicate at all times.

[...]

According to FirstNet State Consultant Doug Penniston, the broadband network was created after the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

"They have interviewed first responders not only from 9/11 but from around the country asking them well, what do you need to make sure this doesn't happen in the future," AT&T FirstNet State Consultant Doug Penniston said.

[...]

Captain Tony Harrison with the Pennington County Sheriff's Office said back in February at the start of Serenity Dennard's search, law enforcement struggled to have good reception on their phones. But once an AT&T tower was brought in, communication was flowing better.

[...]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member