Found Safe KY - Kenneth Howard, 22mths, Salyersville, 12 May 2019

I never lost faith that the locals would find him, if he was out there!!! And, I too, was losing faith he would be found alive.

Please, lets all keep the rescuers who gave their time, incurred injury, prayed, worried, never gave up and lost many sleepless nights to save KH in your thoughts and prayers !!!!

They are the HEROS!!!!

I have felt there’d be a happy ending.
So glad he was found today because tomorrow KY is expecting a heat wave with high humidity. Summer arriving, in other words.

On his way home he got a call about missing hikers in the Gorge (the second set in less than 3 weeks and it's not summer yet). Red River Gorge is his main area so he's trying to decide if he should head there now instead of coming home. He will stay out until someone makes him leave.

The kids get to him the most. He's also a college professor over at EKU and he will end class early if he gets a call about a child. Since our son died, he's pretty much gone into overdrive when it comes to other people's children and helping them. I'm really glad Kenneth was found. I've seen what happens to these guys when the ending is not happy. They take it personally and it never leaves them.

{{{ HUGS }}}

Lucky that he's alive, but those of us who have had loved ones out there in the cold and rain since Sunday also give credit to the searchers. That terrain is not easy. My husband went back out early this morning before daylight and was helping to coordinate the equine searchers. He's still walking on a swollen, twisted ankle that he got the other day when he was in Gunlock. Many of the other searchers have also had minor injuries from the slick mountainsides that they've been going up and down. One had a car wreck leaving the area. This is the 6th search he's been a part of since November and those who work with them are definitely not in it for the money-many don't get paid at all. It might be a miracle, but finding him was also the product of a lot of people from that community coming together and working really hard.

FWIW, I didn't think they'd find him alive. I didn't think he was in the woods at all. I don't mind admitting that I was wrong. I've seen enough of these, however, to know how they usually end. Glad this one had a better ending that most.

Bless your husband! I would imagine being involved in those searches carries with it a physical and emotional element that us on the outside looking in can't understand. And I wasn't in any way taking away from the amazing job of the search and rescue. More just making a point that I don't think there is anything nefarious to this story at all :)

I’ll gladly admit too that I was wrong.

I didn’t think he was ever even in the woods

I was almost positive it was Foul play abduction etc

I’m so glad that one of these children could be brought home!

Sadly it’s not the case many times, but it was here

I have a feeling this little boy is going to go on to do great things as he grows up!

My hats off to all the search and rescue folks

I never lost faith that the locals would find him, if he was out there!!! And, I too, was losing faith he would be found alive.

Please, lets all keep the rescuers who gave their time, incurred injury, prayed, worried, never gave up and lost many sleepless nights to save KH in your thoughts and prayers !!!!

They are the HEROS!!!!
Your post from this morning telling the story of the other missing child who was found and saying not to lose hope gave me hope until he was found so thank you!

I’ll gladly admit too that I was wrong.

I didn’t think he was ever even in the woods

I was almost positive it was Foul play abduction etc

I’m so glad that one of these children could be brought home!

Sadly it’s not the case many times, but it was here

I have a feeling this little boy is going to go on to do great things as he grows up!

My hats off to all the search and rescue folks
I’m with you. I’m usually the optimist in these threads but in this case I also really believed it was foul play. That may be due to bad reporting, making it sound like the father changed his story, and the fact that they called the search off for a time. Glad to be wrong.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back