Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #102

Status
Not open for further replies.
Catching up and only on thread 9, so if this has been said I apologize...I seriously doubt LE in this case is going to announce new info or provide more info to the public on GMA. I didn’t expect this to be anything more than what it was.

Carter is head of the Indiana State Police (ISP). They do handle murders and high profile cases.
The Carrol County Sheriffs have not had anything like this. The Flora arson murders and the Delphi MHB murders.

Surely the area becomes "popular" :(

These two cases are not unlike one another, although I think the perps are different. In one arson case I remember in my state, the offender was not "walking among us"; he was a certifiable nut.

I hope both will be solved.

Last edited:
How many times have we heard about the “one tip away” it is so frustrating. At least some people may have watched who didn’t know about the case already. I am grateful GMA dedicated time to the case this morning.

Thank you for the updates they are much appreciated especially by people like me who live in Scotland.
That was exactly what Sheriff Fitzgerald in the Jayme Closs case said at PC's and interviews "we are waiting on that one tip". As it turns out, they had absolutely no idea who they were looking for, granted they didn't have audio or video of the suspect either.

I'm agreeing with a couple of your excellent posts today, Allboys.

It could be that BG "borrowed" that gigantic blue jacket from a relative because he knew he would discarding it. That relative could be much larger than him.

I think it is also likely BG planned enough to NOT bring his cellphone with him that day. He knew where he was going to corner his victims. He planned on getting them to go down to the water's edge. He was banking on having to trudge through the creek at some point.

He didn't bring his mobile for that reason.

My Humble opinion only; based on a weird life so far. (ETA)

As BG planned this, several avoidance details were followed.

We all know, if planning something bad, leave your phone behind.
BUT make sure you do it on other occasions, so LE notice, you don't have your phone with you at all times.
Then there is GPS, Cameras, witnesses, DNA etc.
Perhaps forget about your evil plan BECAUSE eventually you will get caught, as in this case, soon, I hope.
MOO.

As BG planned this, several avoidance details were followed.

We all know, if planning something bad, leave your phone behind.
BUT make sure you do it on other occasions, so LE notice, you don't have your phone with you at all times.
Then there is GPS, Cameras, witnesses, DNA etc.
Perhaps forget about your evil plan BECAUSE eventually you will get caught, as in this case, soon, I hope.
MOO.

Keep my fingers crossed.

In some times, even partial DNA would be enough if not too many descendants live in this area. I still hope DNA will give us information, although it will take time.

BBM I tend to post more when there is something else that I'm supposed to be doing. lol

I agree that the coat very well might not have been his, or not something he was known to wear.

I do hope he had a cellphone, so that in the event he is arrested, it will aid in his conviction. But quite possibly, he did not.

These jackets could be picked up at second hand places, for very little.
After the event, you would burn it, so there is no evidence left.
MOO.

They need "cold eyes" on this case. Start from the beginning. Look at everything and everybody. But how do you get that manpower? Many a time, a cold case is solved by the old guard moving out and the new in. Wouldn't it be nice if some former detective with some time on his hands would show up for this challenge? Just dreamin'.

I can think of one I'd love to see get involved.

These jackets could be picked up at second hand places, for very little.
After the event, you would burn it, so there is no evidence left.
MOO.
He probably bought his outfit specifically for his "mission". Either from hunting good store or military supply.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Had a thought about the weirdneas m
You don't have a link to that video do you?

I have been looking. I cannot find the RL video where he takes a reporter out on a bit of trail. I think it is part of that.

I thought the searcher(s) followed footprints (from the cemetery?) to discover the bodies. The searchers had been held back for the duration of the dogs arriving to search, so then were released to search and the girls were found quite quickly IIRC .
MOO
I don’t think you’ll find any MSM source as yet connecting this crime to the cemetery, other than many, many theories.

I’d take Libby’s grandmother’s version over anonymous sources. JMO

“....Sources tell Call 6 Investigates that a set of footprints are what led volunteers to the area the bodies were found.“
2 bodies found positively ID'd as missing teens
@tresir2012
ETA - what’s the source for searchers being held back waiting for the dogs arriving to search and that was connected to the girls being found? I don’t ever recall reading about that.

My post was based on my recall as noted by IIRC and my opinion and thoughts/interpretation of what that all meant. You posted the link to the footprints and NickoD posted some more info. I hope that was what you needed. There's lots of sources to find out this stuff and my recall may not be exact, but that was my interpretation that the footprints were from the cemetery - I am probably wrong - they could have been creek side. The important thing as Margarita said is did they preserve and take casts of those footprints?

I can't help but feel that by keeping back some information in order to avoid false confessions, LE has shot themselves in the foot. Certainly the word "Guys" could have been released earlier, additional photos of BG also could have been released at the time of the murders. There is probably a lot of facts that the real murderer would know, to weed out the false confession. It's a shame that they've released the latest info so late, they are a day late and a dollar short. Memories fail, videos are recorded over, people move away. LE really needs to get moving here. For the record, I used to think they "knew" who did it, but I don't any longer.

Agree.

At this point I would think arresting a suspect for probable cause, and then using the time it takes to move through the legal system to get further airtight prosecution, would be far preferable to the current situation. (Which is no suspect arrested at all and the entire community watching over their shoulder and getting frustrated.)

So therefore, IMO: a) they have their POI under surveillance until they get “one more thing”

Or b) they have absolutely no one that would even demonstrate probable cause. And if this is so, that would be terrible.

If LE really is just waiting for one more tidbit to pounce airtight, sure seems to me they would have enough probable cause already. So it appears to me they do not in fact have their POI.

JMO

The searcher was with other people.
IIRC There is a short video the man that found them talking, its a small part of a larger news segment video.

Had a thought about the weirdneas m

I have been looking. I cannot find the RL video where he takes a reporter out on a bit of trail. I think it is part of that.

<modsnipped quoted post>

Hi Boxer and ocgrad (just now read your post)and all,
This is the video where David MacAnally/Eyewitness News at approx 2:46 into the interview speaks with a man with an orange hoodie. This is I believe is the searcher who located Libby and Abby on Ron Logan’s property. The video does not identify the man with the orange hoodie by name.<modsnipped>

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you MistyWaters and MsBetsy. I was just curious if the searchers saw them from the RL side or from across the creek. I am not suspicious of the searcher. Thank you.

We are at the stage of questioning everything - I'm sure the questions have been answered before but it doesn't hurt to ask again, recheck everything, over and over. I guess LE are doing it too.

RL had stated “a neighbour” had asked for consent of access to his property the evening before. In the absence of official confirmation pertaining to the actual searcher who made the discovery, I’d wondered if “a neighbour” was tasked with seeking permission from all adjacent property owners in preparation for the daylight search the following morning, if it was required.

I’m not certain where the girls “had last been seen”. The parking lot or is this referring to the Snapchat photo of Abby midway across the bridge? Were the dogs and handlers perhaps looking under the bridge? It’s hard to say as Libby’s video hadn’t been found yet.
They had been instructed to stay away from the area where the girls had last been seen because search dogs were out.”
I was wondering about that the other day. Did anyone in the park see the girls after they were dropped off and before the post? Not doubting that they weren’t there.

Last edited:
He probably bought his outfit specifically for his "mission". Either from hunting good store or military supply.

Amateur opinion and speculation

It looks to me like he's just wearing regular clothes. My husband has a similar jacket and the pants just look like carpenter's jeans. You can get both from literally almost anywhere, but Rural King and almost any store that sells Carhartt would carry them. Or, as someone suggested, a secondhand store. IMO there's nothing extraordinary about his clothing. The only thing that stands out about them is that his jacket looks a little baggy.

Im just so frustrated with this whole thing. Cases get solved all the time without DNA, witnesses and so on. Here we have a video of the killer and a recording of his voice and who knows what else Libby captured on her phone and still 2 years later, nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member