Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #102

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks to me like he's just wearing regular clothes. My husband has a similar jacket and the pants just look like carpenter's jeans. You can get both from literally almost anywhere, but Rural King and almost any store that sells Carhartt would carry them. Or, as someone suggested, a secondhand store. IMO there's nothing extraordinary about his clothing. The only thing that stands out about them is that his jacket looks a little baggy.
You could very well be right Mtnlites, it's quite hard to detect too much definitively from that blurry photo. I'm stuck on the notion he is wearing one of those "tool vests" under the jacket, full of his murderous implements. In my amateur opinion and speculation, he is a carpenter or mechanic, and a hunter. Knows his tools.

Amateur opinion and speculation

<modsnipped quoted post>
Do you think it is normal to wait so long to begin the search that morning if there were 2 girls who were potentially seriously injured? Wouldn't minutes matter if there were a possibility that they were injured so that they were unable to respond to calls? Wouldn't a rescue operation have been organized much earlier and begin at daybreak?
Unless they had a small search crew of professionals who were trained to not destroy evidence out and it was never stated. Otherwise it seems like they were only thinking of recovering their bodies by that morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you think it is normal to wait so long to begin the search that morning if there were 2 girls who were potentially seriously injured? Wouldn't minutes matter if there were a possibility that they were injured so that they were unable to respond to calls? Wouldn't a rescue operation have been organized much earlier and begin at daybreak?
Unless they had a small search crew of professionals who were trained to not destroy evidence out and it was never stated. Otherwise it seems like they were only thinking of recovering their bodies by that morning.

I believe their families searched all night. But very hard to see in darkness.

One would think bright yellow sneakers would have been mentioned to searchers, if this was known and was in fact what Libby wore that day...

"By mid-morning[Tuesday], the downtown Delphi Fire Department became a makeshift command center for volunteers assisting in the search. Crews were being sent out 10 to 12 people at a time to help cover an area of 20 to 25 square miles, Leazenby said.

Officials weren't sure just how many volunteers came, but sign-in sheets appeared to log hundreds."...

"The two[women] arrived at the fire station shortly after 11 a.m., gathered maps of the search area and set out with a team of strangers to search fields near the school, nearly 2 miles away from the Monon High Bridge.

They had been instructed to stay away from the area where the girls had last been seen because search dogs were out. Authorities told volunteers they didn’t want to chance contaminating the scene.

“At first I couldn’t understand why we weren’t searching near [where they went missing],” said Boucher. “But once they explained it, it made sense.”...

"After the discovery of the bodies, Riley said the search for the missing girls was scaled back, but it's still ongoing since the bodies have not yet been identified."

This article gives a pretty good picture of how volunteer searchers were treated on Tuesday. They kept them away from the immediate scene. That leads me to believe the reports of non-LE or FD searching along with the officers out there, and then finding the girls must have been out there probably with family seaching over night? Family and I'd say very close family friends only, most likely. I just thought the perspective of this article was one worth noting. That last paragraph also makes me think these were truly horrifically carried out murders, IMO.
UPDATED: Foul play suspected after bodies found along Deer Creek in Delphi; vigil held

I’ve always felt a kind of spiritual significance with the 2 deer, but that’s just me.

And my understanding is the searcher saw the two deer on a rise, looked down, and found the girls. I don’t see anything nefarious or misleading about this. I know where I live you can spot deer any time of day, and walking on trails (I know, I know), I have seen a deer just stand and wait for me to pass. IMO.

I think they really expected to find the girls sheltered but lost and that either they would make their way out at daylight or be found. Searching past dark would have not only been dangerous but also probably unsucessful, imo. Also I believe searchers did continue...just not the officials.

One would think bright yellow sneakers would have been mentioned to searchers, if this was known and was in fact what Libby wore that day...

The information is not accurate when Libby was first was reported missing?

“Police say German is 5’4” and heavy build. She has blonde shoulder length hair and blue eyes. She was last seen wearing a tie died shirt, fringed at the bottom, gray sweats with unknown black lettering, and black Nike shoes. ..
Autopsies scheduled for 2 bodies found during search for missing Carroll County teens

If it was suspected they were dead, accidentally falling off the bridge into either the river or the treed terrain would be a far greater likelihood than murder IMO.

I can't say I've seen deer when I was out rustling through leaves in the bush. It's usually when it's dead quiet.
RSBM

I live in a pretty populated area (in PA). There is a small copse of trees behind my house and I'm two lots away from the busiest road in town. The deer are here - day, night, traffic, no traffic. Went out to my car the other day (early afternoon) and there's a doe and her fawn right in the yard like they own the place. Dusk and dawn are the scariest times to drive because they are active, will trot across streets and they don't look both ways. Dead quiet? Not here. I'm convinced they'll be the next designated domesticated animal. :)

Has LE ever said something along the lines of, “we believe there’s a killer or on the loose” or, “we believe this person will strike again?”

I haven’t seen it if so, and am genuinely curious if I missed it.

If not, to me, there’s a reason for that. They know way more than we do.

All JMO, and not trying to cause an uproar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff