Found Deceased NH - Adam Camarato, 32, Portsmouth April 27, 2019

Long article on Adam here...

Adam Camarato missing person case: Here's what we know | Boston.com
On Saturday, April 27, Adam Camarato had plans.

He was supposed to pick up his two children in Eliot, Maine, for a baseball game.

But that morning, texts to his phone were returned with an auto reply saying his phone was off and he couldn’t receive any messages.

Unable to reach him, his ex-wife, Kylie McIntire, contacted Camarato’s older sister, Jamie Fultz, asking if she had heard from him.

“I tried him myself and then it went right to voicemail,” Fultz told Boston.com. “I called my grandparents, who he lives with, they hadn’t seen him. None of the rest of our family had seen him. So at that point we kind of knew something was wrong. He routinely has his kids every weekend, so we knew that he wouldn’t just disappear when he’s supposed to have his kids.”
upload_2019-5-14_14-38-10.png

More at link...

Long article on Adam here...

Adam Camarato missing person case: Here's what we know | Boston.com
On Saturday, April 27, Adam Camarato had plans.

He was supposed to pick up his two children in Eliot, Maine, for a baseball game.

But that morning, texts to his phone were returned with an auto reply saying his phone was off and he couldn’t receive any messages.

Unable to reach him, his ex-wife, Kylie McIntire, contacted Camarato’s older sister, Jamie Fultz, asking if she had heard from him.

“I tried him myself and then it went right to voicemail,” Fultz told Boston.com. “I called my grandparents, who he lives with, they hadn’t seen him. None of the rest of our family had seen him. So at that point we kind of knew something was wrong. He routinely has his kids every weekend, so we knew that he wouldn’t just disappear when he’s supposed to have his kids.”
View attachment 184386

More at link...
Heartbreaking. :(

Longtime lurker here, first time posting. This case immediately grabbed my attention, while following the Savannah Spurlock case. I used to live near Richmond, Kentucky so I know that area well..but I digress. Adam's case appears to be following a very familiar pattern. Of course I don't have to tell you all that as I'm sure you're well aware. I just read a local news article where new information was divulged by the authorities. It seems another local man had been drinking at the Clipper recently and alleged he was "hit" with a date rape drug. Also, details were given that Adam was seen on newly- discovered video surveillance walking northbound on State Street toward Main Street around 1:17 a.m. The video apparently shows him as being slightly intoxicated, or at least not walking normally. Is this all starting to sound familiar? My fear is that if the case continues to follow this pattern, he will probably be found in the water in a location that has already been searched. I sincerely hope this is not the case, and that Adam will be found safe and sound. However, if this does happen to unveil as the oft-observed male-at-bar-leaves-found-in-water situation, I hope both police and medical examiner(s) will go over every forensic detail possible with an eye not just towards, "victim gets drunk, finds waterway and decides he needs to take a leak and falls in the water and drowns," but also will investigate thoroughly as a possible homocide. I hope the authorities are video taping all search efforts at each location for evidence should he be found later at a already searched location. One last note that troubles me and fits the pattern - Adam's friend who was with him that night stated he went to the restroom and when he came out, Adam was gone. This is another stunning fact as we have seen this in so many of the other cases as well. As I said, I really hope this is not the outcome. It's heartbreaking to think this young man, who by all accounts was a good guy just trying to do the best he could in life and care for his young sons, might not return to his loved ones.

Portsmouth Police Chief Robert Merner told reporters at a press conference Wednesday that the investigation into the disappearance of Adam Camarato, 32, of Eliot, Maine, remains active and ongoing.

“Based on everything that we know right now, we have no reason to suspect foul play,” Merner said.

Camarato was at the Clipper Tavern in Portsmouth until around closing time during the early hours of April 27.

Merner said the 32-year-old was at the establishment with a former co-worker, but that Camarato left the bar while his friend was in the bathroom.

“He walked away alone,” Merner said.

The last sign of Camarato that police have is the 32-year-old walking toward the bridge to Maine around 1:17 a.m. In surveillance video, Camarato appeared to be “somewhat intoxicated,” the chief said.

“We’re able to at least put him walking northbound on State Street in Portsmouth, heading towards Maine, about 10 to 15 minutes after he left the Clipper Tavern, and he is alone,” Merner said. “So at this time we’ll continue with our investigation.”

Working with the Coast Guard and other agencies, police are sweeping the shorelines, waterways, and the local area, the chief said.

Camarato’s phone is either shut off or out of battery, Merner said, adding that it is not believed the 32-year-old father turned off his phone because he didn’t want to be found.

“We don’t consider him a victim at this time,” the chief said.

More at link: Adam Camarato missing person case: Portsmouth police give update | Boston.com

It's an interesting thing to read of men being drugged in a bar.... I can see a robbery motive? The police seem quite adamant that they two cases are not related (the reported drugging and Adam). I've been to the Clipper and it's a nice place to hang out. They are getting bad press over this which hopefully does not harm them.

Sadly, if he's in the water he may never be found. The currents are very fast, and the water is deep. Remember Lizzie Marriott? Her body was never found despite a confession of exactly where she was put into the water.

My gut feeling on this is simply too much to drink, confusion, and somehow ending up in the water. I hope I am wrong and he is somewhere taking a break from life. My heart goes out to his family. Adam's sister has been tireless in her efforts to keep searches going.

I’ve told this story on a couple threads but after my 25 yo brother was drugged at a sports bar with his bros months ago, it has completely changed my perspective on drugging, who gets drugged, and why?
We found him after a scary cry for help call- we came home, his keys were still in the door and he was vomiting and barely able to walk. We took him to the ER and they didn’t believe he would have been drugged and they said they didn’t even have the resources to test for it :rolleyes: both statements are alarming imo!
I think it’s possible he did get drugged, it makes you really cloudy and confused and maybe that’s why he so suddenly left the bar without telling his friend. That point really gets me..

Oh Dre, that's just awful. Why are there such creeps out there who want to harm others? Sounds like the drugging is possible with Adam. Ugh.....

It's a beautiful day in NH. With people out and about enjoying the sun, perhaps today will be the day....

That is upstream from Portsmouth, isn't it?

325 Fox Point Rd, Newington NH.

The river is tidal in this area. So an incoming tide could take him upstream.

Seems unlikely though IMO with the prevailing river current. We’ll see what the autopsy shows.

RIP Adam.

Portsmouth, NH Tides | US Harbors

ETA- looks like it was low tide at midnight that evening. By 1:30AM, I think the water would be coming in, flowing upstream. But if he went in the water that night, his body would initially sink and then rise when decomposition sets in.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back