Found Deceased AZ - Sara Jean Galloway, 38, Tucson, Pima County, 21 March 2019 *Down Syndrome*

Mother of missing Picture Rocks vulnerable woman speaks out

The night before she went missing, she was up all night long yelling that her, and Mister Clause and her husband were all going to go to jail,” Galloway told News 4 Tucson. “She got up in the morning… then she came out here and sat on the steps. I went in there and took a shower, and when I came out here she was gone.”

That was March 21st, and Sarah hasn’t been seen since. Last week, the Pima County Sheriff’s Department called off the active search for the 38-year-old. ...

Sherry said she knows her daughter is out there somewhere, and she won’t give up until she is found.

“One newscast asked my daughter [Kandace] if she’s ever going to find peace. I’d like to answer that question,” Sherry said. “I will find peace, yes, when that kid is back in my arms safe. I don’t care if it’s here on earth or if it’s in heaven. I will find peace as long as she’s with me.” ...

APR 4, 2019
Family hopes candlelight vigil will guide Sarah Galloway home
Two weeks ago, 38-year-old Sarah Galloway went missing. On Thursday, her family held a candlelight vigil.

It was held at The Wagon Wheel Bar near Sandario and Picture Rocks roads.

Her family said they are hoping it will be used as a guiding light to lead Sarah home.

[...]

Jaconski is asking residents in the area to turn on porch lights as another way to guide Sarah home.

She said there is still a group out looking for her. If you have any information on Sarah’s whereabouts, you are asked to call 88-CRIME.

Posted on May 15, 2019 6:12PM
“Sherry Galloway could always keep track of her daughter, Sarah, by the sound of her voice.

[SBM]

But on March 21, Sherry, 66, emerged from the shower and, sitting on her bed, ‘realized I didn’t hear Sarah,’ she says. Running to the door, she looked down the road leading away from the home she shares with her daughter in a community outside Tucson. But Sarah was gone.

[SBM]

‘I got in the car and drove down the road. No Sarah. I was freaking out. … Within about 10 minutes, we’d called 911.”

Professional and volunteer searches by foot, vehicle, K-9 and air failed to yield a trace of Sarah.

According to the Pima County (Arizona) Sheriff’s Department, law enforcement continues to investigate Sarah’s disappearance, even pairing with the Department of Homeland Security to conduct helicopter searches. ‘She’s a vulnerable adult and we’re doing everything we can to locate her,’ says a spokesman, Deputy Daniel Jelineo. ‘We’re looking to the public to supply any tips they have.’

[SBM]

According to Galloway, Sarah’s behavior had been agitated in the months leading up to her disappearance. ‘It was really weird,’ says Galloway. ‘She was fantasizing about someone — an acquaintance — being her husband, telling me that this guy was going to do bad things to me. We didn’t know where that was coming from or what to think.’

[SBM]

‘She’s super-friendly,’ says Galloway. ‘No one is a stranger to her. But she needs supervision to care for herself. She cannot operate a cell phone.’

Sarah joined the Galloway family, which includes five siblings, at age 8, and Sherry Galloway adopted her at age 12. ‘She is the most precious thing in the world to our family,’ says Galloway. ‘Every time I open my eyes in the morning I’m thinking about Sarah. Please find her and bring her home. Let us rest.’”
‘Super-Friendly’ Arizona Woman with Down Syndrome Still Missing: ‘Please Find Her’

I cannot believe I'm just finding out about this. OMG. I just saw the People article.

I am sitting here listening to my own daughter with Down syndrome talking to herself and role playing as I type. I know exactly what this mother is talking about. My daughter is obsessed with rainbows, everything she wears is rainbow.

Sarah went missing on World Down Syndrome Day.
3-21.... for 3 copies of the 21st chromosome. Wow.

Finding Sarah Galloway

*Last seen 3/21 @7:30am at her home
*Search Dogs lost her scent at the end of her driveway
*She has down syndrome & functions at an 8 year old level
*She has no phone, no money, & no ID

*She suffered from delusions at the time that Law Enforcement was out to get her & that she was in a romantic relationship with someone

*There has been NO trace of her despite 1000s of volunteer searchers, 13 LE Agencies working on the case, & every inch of her neighborhood & the surrounding areas being searched

*SomeONE, SomeWHERE, knows SomeTHING
*She did not & could not vanish on her own
*Evidence supports the idea that someone picked her up
*It is possible that someone was grooming her and she truly did believe she was in a romantic relationship
*Someone IS taking advantage of this woman
*WE NEED TO FIND SARAH & BRING HER HOME

Missing Persons Cases Network

2ceooyf.jpg

20kadkg.jpg

4j0pk0.jpg

jqjf52.jpg

Finding Sarah Galloway

So the wording in the 1st few news articles in this thread read kinda strange to me. Why do they say over and over she is “wanted by the law”? Seems like off phrasing but idk. Also the “she is involved in romantic relationships”, huh? So like men online, secret men, someone who could have her or could have groom her to just leave? Sweet Sara :(

So the wording in the 1st few news articles in this thread read kinda strange to me. Why do they say over and over she is “wanted by the law”? Seems like off phrasing but idk. Also the “she is involved in romantic relationships”, huh? So like men online, secret men, someone who could have her or could have groom her to just leave? Sweet Sara :(

Sarah had fantasies or delusions about cops chasing her and being married. This is not at all unusual, if Sarah saw something scary about a cop she might fixate on it. Or saw a fairytale she might fixate on that. Imagine how an 8 year old would act and you can kind of understand.

I've known young ladies with Down syndrome to insist that they were going to have a baby, as in currently pregnant. It's kind of a different level of role playing... where they don't make it clear it's not real or maybe don't understand that it's pretend.

Because Sarah's scent was lost at the end of her long driveway, they believe it's likely she was picked up. It sounds as though they are considering the idea that the romance may not have been 100% a figment of her imagination, but planted there by someone else.

However, I'm unsure how anyone could have been grooming her if she wasn't able to operate electronics. I'd think that the circle of suspects would be pretty narrow in person? So I'm not sure. I'm sending Sarah's information out to all of the Down syndrome groups and disability advocates I can.

This is the area Sara left from.... After seeing this my heart sank!

View attachment 179877

Google Maps
She didn’t walk out. It’s too rural. I doubt any of the residences had cameras strong enough that would even capture a car on the road because of the size of the properties. I’m sure LE has already asked around.

Did she attend a day school for the disabled? Perhaps she met someone there?
It appears that she did:

“Sarah, 38, has Down syndrome, and loves to talk out loud to herself — usually pretend conversations with friends or commentary about events at her day program for adults with disabilities.”

and

“Ordinarily, Sarah is a sunny individual who sometimes attends a day program and likes to help around the house, according to her mother.”
(All BBM)
‘Super-Friendly’ Arizona Woman with Down Syndrome Still Missing: ‘Please Find Her’

I cant believe there is no trace of this woman nearly 2 months later. Just POOF! Gone?!
Me either. Makes me think she’s being held somewhere by whomever picked her up. But that would mean the pick up would need to be planned, not spontaneous. Did she know how to tell time? Who would be in that rural area and just happen upon her in her driveway?

Her behavior in the time leading up to being missing makes me suspect sexual abuse. Did someone at the school spend too much time with her? Did she enjoy having a boyfriend but never wanted more? Did a boyfriend have a level of functioning that enabled him to drive?

She didn’t walk out. It’s too rural. I doubt any of the residences had cameras strong enough that would even capture a car on the road because of the size of the properties. I’m sure LE has already asked around.

Yes and another factor is that Sarah isn't especially athletic. She looks pretty healthy but odds are good that she'd tire pretty quickly. She just wouldn't have gotten far enough to not be found, not on foot.

I cant believe there is no trace of this woman nearly 2 months later. Just POOF! Gone?!

I can't believe I didn't hear about her until 2 months later! I'm appalled. This should be on all the Down syndrome sites everywhere. I'm unsure what has been done and what can still be done and I don't want to offend the family. But I really just want to blast her information everywhere! I could not sleep last night just thinking of what Sarah might be going through right now.

Me either. Makes me think she’s being held somewhere by whomever picked her up. But that would mean the pick up would need to be planned, not spontaneous. Did she know how to tell time? Who would be in that rural area and just happen upon her in her driveway?

Her behavior in the time leading up to being missing makes me suspect sexual abuse. Did someone at the school spend too much time with her? Did she enjoy having a boyfriend but never wanted more? Did a boyfriend have a level of functioning that enabled him to drive?

That's what I am not understanding. Perhaps Sarah is a bit higher functioning than it appears? I guess if you think an 8 year old... they could possible meet someone at the end of the driveway at a certain time. Or if there was a routine in the house, after Mom gets in the shower? I'm just not sure what her level of reasoning and planning is.

I do know it's a misconception that kids with Ds cannot plan, or be sneaky but my daughter has proved otherwise. She is better at hiding misbehavior than her typical sister. Luckily, there isn't much of it.

It just seems like the suspect pool would be pretty small and easy to narrow down? But maybe she came in contact with more people than I'm imagining.

I find it hard to believe that someone picked her up, myself. How would they have arranged something like that. Sara doesn't know how to operate a phone. Or was it just a cell phone she could not? Anyway, wouldn't mom have known if she had been speaking with someone on the phone?
Anything she had done on the computer she probably would not be able to hide from anyone seeing it. I think Sara took off. When she started seeing police cars she hid. It was pretty cold out at night when she first disappeared. I am very worried! If she is no longer here on earth I just hope that she did not hide so well that she will never be found.
I used to be a Special Education teacher. I love these kids/adults. They have such a great heart!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back