Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #102

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is an important line of inquiry. Two young girls were missing, out in the woods of Indiana, in February, and everyone feels this isn't a big deal? As a parent, I would be freaking TF out. As LE, I would think this VERY sketchy, unless they had a reason to NOT think it was serious. What was that reason? Why did LE not think this was a worse case scenario?
I don't think they ever thought it was not a big deal. It is understandable that at first they thought the girls were injured or lost. Most people don't immediately assume their kids have been murdered, especially in a small town where murder is not common.
We don't really know what was going on in the parents minds, but I have never had any indication that they were not extremely worried or even frantic trying to find them.
LE probably did not assume something horrible had happened to them either, but if I remember correctly they started searching soon after the girls were reported missing. Imo

Supt. Carter was referring to one specific tip:

"Somebody out there knows who this person is," he said. "I don't think there's multiple pieces of the puzzle. ... I think there's one piece. And it's having one individual with the strength to say that was my brother, that's my dad, or that's my cousin, that's my neighbor, my co-worker. And I think we're one piece away — one piece."

Delphi murders update 2019: Here's what we know about unsolved killings of Abby and Libby
Yes, they seem to be 100% sure that someone knows who this guy is and are counting on that person to come forward.
That may be the only hope they have of solving this crime. Maybe they don't have sufficient DNA evidence at all. Imo

"A set of footprints". That has always bugged me. One trail of footprints or a "set" of multiple trips with the same shoe or multiple shoes? To me it implies a one way set of one person.

One set of footprints makes me think it was the killer's after the murders footprints away from where the girls were found. I guess LE may know whether or not the footprints indicated which direction the person who made them was traveling but it makes sense to me that the footprints were traveling away from the scene.

Its fascinating to me that there seems to be no worry whatsoever that BG will kill again. Seems to be no urgency that there is a killer on the loose.

The focus appears to be finding who killed Abby and Libby (which it should) but it just appears to be no concern that other kids in the area could be next.

Police were asked if people in the community should be afraid.
Police Chief Mullin replied, “I think people are smart enough in our community to draw their own conclusions about what they should feel and shouldn’t feel. Our people are very smart. They are a very good community and they are very strong. And they are able to draw their own conclusions about this whole situation I think quite successfully.”

The reporter clarified that he asked the question because some may be concerned when they hear the words “foul play suspected” that there may be somebody “preying on people that they need to be afraid of.”

Mullin said he “understands” what he is saying, and again responded, “I think people are able to draw their own conclusions about this situation, and they’re smart enough to figure out what this situation warrants them to think. That’s all we have to say about that.”

Abigail Williams & Liberty German: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

I find his words more than a little bizarre. He knew the girls had been brutally murdered in broad daylight but at that point the public only knew that foul play was suspected. I get that he didn’t want to frighten the public, but surely a warning to all parents should have been given.

My premonitions have changed so many times since Feb 2017. Based on everything I have “digested”, I currently believe the following:

1. A close family member (his mother etc) or girlfriend/wife to BG/murderer knows it is HIM. 100%.
2. They are not turning him in for a few possible reasons. (He would hurt them, he does hurt them, he is the person who has the income/holds the house together/pays the bills. And this would be extremely plausible if they are victimized by him. Or they are all possibly mentally challenged/or just the loved ones.
3. At one time I worked for social services. Most People do not want outsiders interfering in their lives even if their lives are dysfunctional. They don’t want the help or in this case the reward money. Mentally challenged individuals especially can not handle disruptions to their routine, again even if the routine is dysfunctional.
4. They released (UNVEILED) the most accurate photo because they were holding on to it because it is about all that they have to identify him.
5. He may not work. He may be on some government disability etc.... therefore, the only people someone like him may see are the nucleus family members and very occasionally Social Service workers. HE may not even go to grocery stores. This is VERY possible. I can say this with assurance as I have worked in this field and many rural folks are not seen much. They like it that way, they keep it that way....... All my opinion

I notice that there is a reference to a "set of footprints"......one set?.....that lead to the bodies?.......did the SOB carry the bodies?...did he murder them elsewhere?....

see, there are so many inconsistencies with this case.....with so little info out there, and some out there that may not even be true, the public is left to spin their wheels.....

so frustrating.....

I don’t think one person would be capable of carrying the bodies of both girls, especially across the river.

I’ve only noticed one MSM source involving footprints, this:

“Sources tell Call 6 Investigates that a set of footprints are what led volunteers to the area the bodies were found...”
2 bodies found positively ID'd as missing teens

First, is the anonymous source reliable? Not always but if it is, it doesn’t directly say anyone followed footprints from any great distance. IMO it’d be virtually impossible that footprints would be noticeable on the grassy, leaf strewn, natural outdoor area. But footprints are often left near riverbanks. So it could be a set of footprints was noticed there, which then led searchers to the discovery of the bodies only 50 feet away.

If true, one set of footprints could support a scenario where the girls blindly fled in panic across the river, the murderer chasing them but falling behind considering both girls were athletic. The single set of footprints could be where the murderer stopped to get the best sightline, stood in sand/mud as he aimed and fired at them, never crossing the river. I know this isn’t a popular theory but as theories go, it does happen to fit if the source was correct. JMO

Last edited:
My premonitions have changed so many times since Feb 2017. Based on everything I have “digested”, I currently believe the following:

1. A close family member (his mother etc) or girlfriend/wife to BG/murderer knows it is HIM. 100%.
2. They are not turning him in for a few possible reasons. (He would hurt them, he does hurt them, he is the person who has the income/holds the house together/pays the bills. And this would be extremely plausible if they are victimized by him. Or they are all possibly mentally challenged/or just the loved ones.
3. At one time I worked for social services. Most People do not want outsiders interfering in their lives even if their lives are dysfunctional. They don’t want the help or in this case the reward money. Mentally challenged individuals especially can not handle disruptions to their routine, again even if the routine is dysfunctional.
4. They released (UNVEILED) the most accurate photo because they were holding on to it because it is about all that they have to identify him.
5. He may not work. He may be on some government disability etc.... therefore, the only people someone like him may see are the nucleus family members and very occasionally Social Service workers. HE may not even go to grocery stores. This is VERY possible. I can say this with assurance as I have worked in this field and many rural folks are not seen much. They like it that way, they keep it that way....... All my opinion
I am kind of agreeing with those that think that the tip is going to have to come from somebody connected to the perp by employment situation....fear of losing livelihood, etc.

A co-worker who lent his car out. Something like that.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

I especially appreciate each other's insight on the evidence we have been given.

It is fascinating how much we learn from others' takes on the information L.E. have provided.

Most importantly, the deep compassion towards these young girls and their dear families flows throughout the posts in these threads.

Last edited by a moderator:
ISP superintendent provides update on Delphi double murder investigation

Carter said that during his most recent press conference about the case two weeks ago that he's 110% convinced the person who committed the murders was watching.

Thank you for sharing this interview with us!

I especially liked what Carter said around 3:23 timemark of the video about the L.E. not releasing more video because it gave them knowledge of something. I can't wait to hear what that knowledge was.

May this week be the week!

I just listened to a podcast by Dark Poutine episode about the murder of Taylor Von Diest. The police give an amazing description of how a perp might act the day or days after a murder. I think those in charge of this case could do to issue a similar statement. Its extremely detailed and the general public would be much more aware of what they are looking for.

I just listened to a podcast by Dark Poutine episode about the murder of Taylor Von Diest. The police give an amazing description of how a perp might act the day or days after a murder. I think those in charge of this case could do to issue a similar statement. Its extremely detailed and the general public would be much more aware of what they are looking for.

Early on the change in behaviours and what to watch out for were talked about in this case as well, iirc hosted by the FBI. Locals who posted here have also mentioned LE initially hosted town hall meetings for them as well. Although the media didn’t report on the content, that led me to believe that’s a good example of LE interaction within the community that cannot be gleaned by reading media reports.

Nor were local people solely reliant on following MSM in order to obtain information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snugglebear