GUILTY Ireland - Anastasia Kriegel, 14, Found deceased, Lucan, Co Dublin, 14 May 2018 *minors arrested*

Confusing indeed. Why would Hoade conduct his examination on the “understanding “ that a blood-covered concrete block was not the murder weapon and didn’t merit collection and sampling as evidence of a crime?

Wouldn’t it be better to collect and sample it in order to include or exclude it as said weapon?
Because it was “quite heavy, and awkward to manipulate”??

ETA: but it had blood on all six surfaces. And then there’s the hair. Whose hair, if it wasn’t examined?!

It's either Ana's blood and hair, or someone else's. In both cases it cannot just be ignored!
I thought was just me that found this strange - he went into so much detail in his investigation and yet didn't find it important to anaylis the brick - it may well have had blood from accused which would further prove they/He was in the room. Doesn't make sense

Detective Garda Thomas Doyle told prosecuting counsel Gerardine Small BL that Boy A was interviewed a number of times after his arrest on May 24th. In one of the interviews gardaí showed the boy a number of screenshots of search results which had been taken from the boy’s phone.

One of the screenshots showed a search for “15 most gruesome torture methods in history”. Others included “horror movies that will blow everyone away”, “Ouija Board in haunted Asylum (warning)”, “Until Dawn, get Jessica’s clothes off” and “sexiest video games characters of 2017”.

Detective Garda Marcus Roantree told the boy he was “particularly interested” in the torture methods result. He said it was accessed on February 14, 2018.

Boy A said he was looking for horror movies online. He said he was interested in ghost horror movies. He denied he was interested in torture horror movies.

The court also heard evidence of a search for “abandoned places in Lucan” earlier in the year was also put to the boy.

Boy accused of Ana Kriégel murder searched online for ‘torture methods’, trial told

In a previous interview the court heard the boy was shown photos of the room in which the 14-year-old girl was found.

Blood on the walls and skirting boards was pointed out to the boy, who replied "oh that's blood, my god."

When told that gardaí believed an injury to Ana's ear was caused by a nail in a stick shown in the photo, the boy replied "oh my god".

The boy was also shown a picture of Ana's black vest top and nodded when he was asked if he could see it had been ripped.

Gardaí told the boy they knew it was not easy hearing what they had to say and looking at the photos and asked him if he could tell them anything. He replied: "No, sorry".

In his final interview on 25 May 2018, gardaí brought Boy A's attention to a copy of a memo of interview carried out by gardaí with his co-accused as well as pages of an interview that was still ongoing with the other boy.

When asked if he would like to add anything or make any clarifications at the end of his interview, Boy A told gardaí the other boy was lying.

Boy told gardaí co-accused in Kriégel case was lying

This afternoon, forensic scientist John Hoade was recalled to give evidence about his analysis of a number of items found in a backpack in Boy A’s bedroom.

He said Ana’s blood was found on the bag itself as well as on a mask, some gloves and knee pads contained inside.

No blood was found on some plastic shin guards and a woollen snood that were also in the bag.

The mask, which was shown to the jury this afternoon, was described as a “half-mask” showing eyes and a hole for the nose. The area around the eyes was black, extending to green and the bottom of it was jagged with red around the mouth.

Mr Hoade said he developed a mix DNA profile, containing all the elements of Boy A’s DNA profile and of Ana’s on the mask.

Court hears Ana Kriegel's DNA found on mask in accused boys' home | Newstalk

This afternoon, forensic scientist John Hoade was recalled to give evidence about his analysis of a number of items found in a backpack in Boy A’s bedroom.

He said Ana’s blood was found on the bag itself as well as on a mask, some gloves and knee pads contained inside.

No blood was found on some plastic shin guards and a woollen snood that were also in the bag.

The mask, which was shown to the jury this afternoon, was described as a “half-mask” showing eyes and a hole for the nose. The area around the eyes was black, extending to green and the bottom of it was jagged with red around the mouth.

Mr Hoade said he developed a mix DNA profile, containing all the elements of Boy A’s DNA profile and of Ana’s on the mask.

Court hears Ana Kriegel's DNA found on mask in accused boys' home | Newstalk

I know it beggars belief - I'd love to know why they pleaded not guilty knowing the evidence .... the jury must find them guilty.

What could defence be - - any ideas?
Moo B2 will say B1 made him help. B1 will say she led me on /wanted to be my girlfriend. I said no, she pushed me, I hit her back etc.
How he'll explain the items in his backpack ???? Imo

Boy A didn't have to meet Ana. He said he didn't want to be seen with her so why meet her in a public park? All he had to do was use the same channel of communication back and say he wasn't interested - if Ana was actually interested in him in the first place.
How does Boy A explain that he was in possession of what was essentially a rape kit when he knows he is going to meet Ana? I can't think of an innocent explanation for Ana's blood came to be on his mask or indeed why he would even have/be wearing a half mask in May.
This all indicates premeditation and given the internet searches, you have to ask was Ana doomed from the start?

It does seem that the defence might be angling at Boy A being led on or something that started out as consensual and went wrong.

"Dr Charlotte Murphy, also from Forensic Science Ireland, looked for male-specific DNA on a neck swab taken from Ana Kriegel.
Dr Murphy said this male-specific DNA matched Boy A's DNA profile. The possibility of this DNA being from someone unrelated to Boy A was one in 7,160, she said.
Cross examined by Patrick Gageby SC, Dr Murphy agreed it was possible this DNA transfer was caused by "casual intimacy"."

Ana Kriegel murder trial: Blood found on backpack, mask and gloves seized from murder accused's home, court hears - Independent.ie

thanks guys for your thoughts

so what I am taking from your thoughts - the defense could be that Boy A and Ana had an altercation and that is why blood got on his boots and the male-specific DNA could be from consensual "casual intimacy". The blood on the mask I guess could be explained in the same way as the blood on boots.

the case is very sickening - I think the prosecution have too much on them for the jury to give a not guilty verdict.

What I keep thinking about is every day after the trial these 2 lads go home with their parents. And then there is Ana's poor family they will never get over this - she has a little brother god help him.

I know it beggars belief - I'd love to know why they pleaded not guilty knowing the evidence .... the jury must find them guilty.

What could defence be - - any ideas?

I guess Boy A probably doesn't have one. Just ask the prosecution to prove BARD

In this situation a cut throat defence could be possible - so each says it is the other one who did it.

I guess Boy B might try to claim he was not part of it

I have a horrible feeling that it is going to involve a serious character assassination of poor Ana. Her mother said she was the recipient of cyber bullying with explicit sexual innuendo. Boy B said she showed him a picture of herself tied up and blind folded and that an ex-boyfriend had take the photo. He referred to her as wearing a slutty top. Ana also engaged in some attention seeking behaviours and got suspended from school.
The defence may well build on the above to argue that Ana was not the innocent as portrayed by the prosecution but knew well what she was getting into. She willingly went into the house with Boy A knowing that Boy A intended some sort of sexual liaison. She changed her mind and resisted, Boy A not being emotionally mature enough to handle rejection started to hit her and it all got out of hand resulting in her death. Why Boy B, as the voyeur to all this, didn't intervene at any stage is baffling. Ana fought Boy A hard so why didn't Boy B try to protect his friend?

I have a horrible feeling that it is going to involve a serious character assassination of poor Ana. Her mother said she was the recipient of cyber bullying with explicit sexual innuendo. Boy B said she showed him a picture of herself tied up and blind folded and that an ex-boyfriend had take the photo. He referred to her as wearing a slutty top. Ana also engaged in some attention seeking behaviours and got suspended from school.
The defence may well build on the above to argue that Ana was not the innocent as portrayed by the prosecution but knew well what she was getting into. She willingly went into the house with Boy A knowing that Boy A intended some sort of sexual liaison. She changed her mind and resisted, Boy A not being emotionally mature enough to handle rejection started to hit her and it all got out of hand resulting in her death. Why Boy B, as the voyeur to all this, didn't intervene at any stage is baffling. Ana fought Boy A hard so why didn't Boy B try to protect his friend?

Do we think it's possible Boy B bailed out and ran off?

So far all the forensics seem to indicate Boy A as the active killer - seemingly tried to strangle her and when that was difficult bludgeoned her to death

Do we think it's possible Boy B bailed out and ran off?

So far all the forensics seem to indicate Boy A as the active killer - seemingly tried to strangle her and when that was difficult bludgeoned her to death
Seems the most likely explanation though at what stage he left is hard to say. They seem to be concentrating on Boy A at the moment so I'm not sure what DNA Boy B left at the scene. Boy B also said he didn't believe the story of Boy A being beaten up by the two men and reckoned it was Ana who inflicted the injuries so that suggests early enough. Maybe he got scared when what they thought they had planned didn't play in real life.

Seems the most likely explanation though at what stage he left is hard to say. They seem to be concentrating on Boy A at the moment so I'm not sure what DNA Boy B left at the scene. Boy B also said he didn't believe the story of Boy A being beaten up by the two men and reckoned it was Ana who inflicted the injuries so that suggests early enough. Maybe he got scared when what they thought they had planned didn't play in real life.

Yes - I am wondering if 2 of them restrained /controlled her initially. e.g. all her clothes are off. Some evidence of an attempted rape. Evidence of tape to restrain her

Then things escalated - e.g. strangulation and a violent struggle as she fought for her life.

Boy B does a runner. Boy A escalates to bludgeoning

Yes - I am wondering if 2 of them restrained /controlled her initially. e.g. all her clothes are off. Some evidence of an attempted rape. Evidence of tape to restrain her

Then things escalated - e.g. strangulation and a violent struggle as she fought for her life.

Boy B does a runner. Boy A escalates to bludgeoning

Hey Mr Jitty hope your well good to have your input on this case.

I'm with you on Boy B doing a runner - they didn't seem to be together on the way home. It will be interesting to find out what DNA, if any they have from the scene of Boy B. He seems to be sticking to the story he brought Ana to Boy A and then left them to it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back