Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #102

Status
Not open for further replies.
FBI EX-Profiler Douglas mentioned that this was a "high risk
crime ", being carried out during daylight hours in an area where
others were nearby, and this is why they believe Delphi, in general,
is in the killer's comfort zone.
OK let's work backwards....
We know often times these murderers showed a pattern of
misbehaviors and possibly violent maladaptive behaviors earlier
in childhood.
Maybe there were no arrests, or maybe they were caught but a judge ex-punged their record due to age.
So let's go back to their school records. Young boys who were
constantly fighting and unable to 'get along' in school would be on my list of people to check out.
Was perp expelled from school and maybe home-schooled or
just dropped out? Or sent to alternative school or religious school?
School records for age appropriate students should be examined
imo.
Also were any young male students advised to get mental health/
psychiatric evaluations by school counselors?
We know that most perps do have a pattern of bad behavior long
before they act out by killing. Maybe LE has to start doing a
little more digging instead of waiting for the public to hand them the perp.

I agree I hope FBI/LE is looking into all former students/residents with those issues.

Well, he says “but remember, a sketch is not a photograph, it’s something similar to a resemblance....”.

So I think he’s just emphasizing the fact that sketches created through the memory of a witness are rarely 100% accurate.
I think that's why they didn't release the second sketch sooner. If they had released both sketches they would have had to explain it wasn't two attackers, explain that eye witnesses can be off in what they think they saw, and remember the majority of people aren't really that clued in.

Watch the new video of BG on the bridge again. When his right leg turns, you’ll note that it’s not a continuous movement. There's a definite break in the frames.

Police Release New Sketch of Suspect in Murders of Libby German and Abby Williams

Now look at the GIF that was posted back in May 2017 on the Image thread (Post 173). The three images posted by LE were used to create this GIF. Once again, you’ll see that the movement stops flowing at exactly the same point.

Found Deceased - IN - IMAGE discussion re Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi

Call me suspicious, but to me it looks like LE aren’t being honest about the new video and that it’s really a GIF.

Who Killed Abby and Libby? 'Mindhunter' John Douglas Offers Insight Into Delphi Murders
May 15, 2019 - Inside Edition Staff

“Former FBI Special Agent John Douglas, aka the Mindhunter, told Inside Edition the audio, of which an extended clip was only recently released, may hold a vital clue, specifically the use of the word "guys."

Guys says to me that maybe he may know these victims," said Douglas. "Or it's a person ... someone who has interaction with children."

“He added that the person who killed the two likely has some kind of "criminal history."

"You don't wake up one day and commit a double homicide like this," he said. "There has to be some kind of trail."“

Indiana cops say they are close to finding killer of Libby German and Abby Williams, but witness may be afraid to come forward
MAY 15, 2019

“No arrests have been made, but Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter told ABC’s “Good Morning America” on Wednesday that “we are one tip away from success.”

Carter said that the state police has received more than 42,000 tips, but there is one major tip that still needs to be delivered.
“If somebody knows something, they need to tell us. I think they’re afraid too,” he told ABC News. “Somebody knows who that person is.”

Snip

“Carter believes it is possible that a family member or a friend “knows something happened after that day.””

I am kind of agreeing with those that think that the tip is going to have to come from somebody connected to the perp by employment situation....fear of losing livelihood, etc.

A co-worker who lent his car out. Something like that.

But why would a coworker who clearly did not know the true purpose of lending the car be afraid? He was duped into thinking he was helping out; his car ended up in a criminal situation; he is now at danger of being removed by BG as he is the witness. I’d run to the LE to oust the BG out in such a case!

Watch the new video of BG on the bridge again. When his right leg turns, you’ll note that it’s not a continuous movement. There's a definite break in the frames.

Police Release New Sketch of Suspect in Murders of Libby German and Abby Williams

Now look at the GIF that was posted back in May 2017 on the Image thread (Post 173). The three images posted by LE were used to create this GIF. Once again, you’ll see that the movement stops flowing at exactly the same point.

Found Deceased - IN - IMAGE discussion re Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi

Call me suspicious, but to me it looks like LE aren’t being honest about the new video and that it’s really a GIF.

From my understanding it is a 3 second 48 frame video clip that is looped.

““If somebody knows something, they need to tell us," ISP Superintendent Doug Carter said. "I think they’re afraid to — it's why we have not heard yet — I think they’re afraid to.”

Carter discussed various aspects of the case, and shared many of the same sentiments he's carried over the past 27 months, in an interview with ABC News this week. BBM: One thing is certain, Carter believes that the girls' killer is watching their moves and he believes that person will slip up.

“I think the killer is following this investigation very closely," Carter said.“

ISP: We're 'one tip away' from solving Delphi murders
Posted: May 15, 2019
Updated: May 16, 2019

Last edited:
<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

While I do somewhat think that method of murder and weapon used can say some things as far as the offender's personality or their potential relation to the victims, this person is acting as if they knew these girls were, for example, strangled via ligature that it's going to give insight into a specific suspect then that's a bit of a stretch. Maybe for LE, yes, but not really for an internet message board.

Last edited by a moderator:
“"When we decided that, through the information we received, that we were going to release the second sketch I don’t believe the individual knew we were going to do that. So it was really, really important. I think he was probably there and/or watching, simply because he thought we were on the wrong path," Carter said.“

Snip

“"The sketch isn’t a photograph. A sketch is a sketch and that’s really important for everybody to understand," Carter said. "I believe that the individual when we catch him, it will be a combination of those two.””

Posted: May 15, 2019h

““If somebody knows something, they need to tell us," ISP Superintendent Doug Carter said. "I think they’re afraid to — it's why we have not heard yet — I think they’re afraid to.”

Carter discussed various aspects of the case, and shared many of the same sentiments he's carried over the past 27 months, in an interview with ABC News this week. BBM: One thing is certain, Carter believes that the girls' killer is watching their moves and he believes that person will slip up.

“I think the killer is following this investigation very closely," Carter said.“
And I'm not convinced Carter said that just because of any kind of criminal profile, either. IMO, anyone who commits this kind of crime and hasn't been caught is going to pay attention to the investigation. Of course you'd want to know what they (LE) know. Your *advertiser censored** is on the line. JMO

What has led you to believe LE didn’t take the missing persons report seriously? Or that the families weren’t sick with worry?

Because comments from both the family and LE that night was that the girls weren't in serious danger. They figured they had probably just gotten lost or hurt from a fall, and as per LE, the worst that would happen was that they would have to spend the night out in the cold. That, obviously, wasn't the worst that could happen.

Who Killed Abby and Libby? 'Mindhunter' John Douglas Offers Insight Into Delphi Murders
May 15, 2019 - Inside Edition Staff

“Former FBI Special Agent John Douglas, aka the Mindhunter, told Inside Edition the audio, of which an extended clip was only recently released, may hold a vital clue, specifically the use of the word "guys."

Guys says to me that maybe he may know these victims," said Douglas. "Or it's a person ... someone who has interaction with children."

“He added that the person who killed the two likely has some kind of "criminal history."

"You don't wake up one day and commit a double homicide like this," he said. "There has to be some kind of trail."“

Has he been reading here?

“They also say they believe the man is from Delphi, is familiar with Delphi or works in the city.

“I’ve walked across the high bridge myself. It’s 65-70 feet off the river deck. It hasn’t had a train on it since 1929," Carter said. "The ties are starting to rot. It sways back and forth and it’s not something you can just jump on and walk straight across if you’ve never done it before. I decided I was going to take the riverbank going back, I didn’t. That wasn’t the first time he’s been on that high bridge, my opinion, again that’s my opinion. I experienced it and I kept a piece of the high bridge and I’ll carry it with me til we find out who this is."”

I found some additional information pertaining to the girl's discovery (contained in the media thread), while our Mods were reviewing posts:

2 bodies found positively ID'd as missing teens

Two bodies were found by volunteers on Tuesday less than a mile from where the girls were originally dropped off. The bodies were found on private property, about 50 feet from the shore of Deer Creek. Sources tell Call 6 Investigates that a set of footprints are what led volunteers to the area the bodies were found.

And the following information about who/and again how discovery was made:

The Delphi Murders — Unresolved

The search crews gathered near the Monon High Bridge at around 10:00 AM, hoping to expand outwards in separate directions and cover a good plot of land during daylight hours.

This search only last a couple of hours, however, as a discovery was made by the Delphi Fire Department shortly after noon. At around 12:45 PM, officials with the fire department had followed a set of footprints to a location roughly 50 feet away from the north bank of Deer Creek - roughly half-a-mile east of the bridge. The Delphi Fire Chief reported the discovery as "not good," and indicated that it was the missing girls' bodies.
The Delphi Murders - Unresolved is an excellent timeline. Thank you for posting. I have followed the case since the beginning and for a newcomer it has oodles of information to catch them up on what happened.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

... knowing why the assumption from LE was that this was something less than nefarious indicates some past behavior(s) that led them to that assumption. I get that they are hesitant to assume the worst, but why publically state that it isn't a worst case scenario when they have no way of knowing that?

Last edited by a moderator:
“They also say they believe the man is from Delphi, is familiar with Delphi or works in the city.

“I’ve walked across the high bridge myself. It’s 65-70 feet off the river deck. It hasn’t had a train on it since 1929," Carter said. "The ties are starting to rot. It sways back and forth and it’s not something you can just jump on and walk straight across if you’ve never done it before. I decided I was going to take the riverbank going back, I didn’t. That wasn’t the first time he’s been on that high bridge, my opinion, again that’s my opinion. I experienced it and I kept a piece of the high bridge and I’ll carry it with me til we find out who this is."”

I appreciate you posting these quotes. I'm not always in a position to watch videos and read lots of articles. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spartan12!!