Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #102

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m behind and catching up but my guess would be to get as much exposure and publicity about this case as they can get. That’s a lot of new potential viewers. I haven’t seen the GMA segment yet; thanks to those who provided updates.

ETA:
“Through August 19 -- broadcast season-to-date -- ABC' s “Good Morning America” claims top numbers when it comes to overall viewers -- but just barely with an average Nielsen 3.780 million viewers. This is just ahead of NBC's “Today,” which has 3.778 million. “CBS This Morning” comes in at 2.8 million viewers.”

'Today,' 'GMA' In Tight Race For Viewers
Aug 24, 2018

Agree.

It can be easy to forget that we follow this case WAY more than most people. There are few people in my circle that I'd be able to say "So what about that new sketch in the Dephi case!" and have them have any idea whatsoever what I'm referring to.

Could someone please remind me why we are so positive that the photo of BG was taken on the far end of the bridge. Was it because of a certain tree behind him or a platform or what was it?

Every crime is just one tip away from being solved, if that one tip is, "I witnessed Jack Smith do this at 5:35pm on 3/2/18. Here is a photograph I took of him commiting the crime." I don't think that statement means anything.

Or even, <whoever> was drunk one night and told me he murdered those two girls, he told me everything, even showed me a <what> that he kept as a souvenir ......and all the details perfectly fit with information LE has never released. (Although they’d also need to clear the tipster as well, who could also be framing an innocent person.)

In my opinion, he sounds like he's trying to come off non-offensive and approachable. It doesn't indicate, IMO, any type of authority or familiarity or distance or anything, really.

SBM

I agree, it sounds normal to me, not necessarily a teacher/coach etc vibe at all. Just how anyone might sound when addressing more than one person. I will say, however, that since "Guys" was released and there were pages of speculation on it and if it was regional etc., I self-consciously realized I say it A LOT. I write it, I say it. EXCEPT I have noticed I say "You Guys" and not just "Guys". Not important, but I agree with you, I didn't attribute any authority to the way he said it. I don't think the "down the hill" sounds particularly chilling or anything either other than the context.

In the WISH interview, Carter suggests the perp may be somewhere between the two sketches. About the 3:38 mark. Thoughts?

ISP superintendent provides update on Delphi double murder investigation

I’m only in the first couple minutes.

Carter: “I think if he wasn’t in the room he was close by.”
(ETA: “but I’m 100 percent convinced he was watching.”)

Ok, my first question here, as I mentioned yesterday:

What does Carter mean “if he wasn’t in the room”—how would one not know by now if he was in the room? They had sign in sheets, cameras, it was close quarters, thick with LE I’m sure...how many total people were in the room? How could they all not be ruled out by now.

Which brings to mind the second point which affirms they don’t know if he was in the room or not because he mentions the alternate possibility of him being close by.

Sigh.

Last edited:
Any chance they recently received a Parabon sketch and because it closely resembled the artist sketch created days after the murders that they decided to release the artist sketch to protect the fact that they have DNA evidence?

Any chance they recently received a Parabon sketch and because it closely resembled the artist sketch created days after the murders that they decided to release the artist sketch to protect the fact that they have DNA evidence?

Possible, imo.

In the WISH interview, Carter suggests the perp may be somewhere between the two sketches. About the 3:38 mark. Thoughts?

“INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) - A "quiet period" ends Thursday in the Delphi double murder investigation.“

Could someone please remind me why we are so positive that the photo of BG was taken on the far end of the bridge. Was it because of a certain tree behind him or a platform or what was it?

If you’re interested in GH’s analysis, it begins at about 11:00 into this video. The way he’s matched both the trees and ties to the physical location identified within the photo is quite compelling IMO.

His
theory is that BG was about 60 away from the edge of the bridge, Libby was at the end and Abby was somewhere in between. I’m emphasizing “theory” because he makes it very clear he’s not privy to inside information.

What does Carter mean “if he wasn’t in the room”—how would one not know by now if he was in the room? They had sign in sheets, cameras, it was close quarters, thick with LE I’m sure...how many total people were in the room? How could they all not be ruled out by now.

Which brings to mind the second point which affirms they don’t know if he was in the room or not because he mentions the alternate possibility of him being close by.

Sigh.

There's a NEW interview with Carter done by a local to Delphi
news organization, just released in last day or two- where Carter
now says he's "100% sure the perp was in the room".
I saw it reported on another site but didn't catch name of news site.
Has anyone else seen this?

Speed reading here so apologies if this has been discussed.

It is my understanding that Supt Carter said the bridge pics of BG were now "secondary". IMO, this in no way indicates that it is no longer relevant or that it is the same individual as the recent sketch.

There's a NEW interview with Carter done by a local to Delphi
news organization, just released in last day or two- where Carter
now says he's "100% sure the perp was in the room".
I saw it reported on another site but didn't catch name of news site.
Has anyone else seen this?

Yes he said 110 percent I think? Lemme grab the quote.

ETA:

“Carter said that during his most recent press conference about the case two weeks ago that he's 110% convinced the person who committed the murders was watching.“

Or even, <whoever> was drunk one night and told me he murdered those two girls, he told me everything, even showed me a <what> that he kept as a souvenir ......and all the details perfectly fit with information LE has never released. (Although they’d also need to clear the tipster as well, who could also be framing an innocent person.)

I agree with you Misty Waters.

Tips can be tricky. Motivation of the tipster will always (justifiably) be questioned.

I'm still hoping beyond Hope someone like a ...... younger sibling of BG's will call into the tipline.

S/he would say: "Yeah, he beat me up to an inch of my life. Like effing, 3 times a week! He's so into power and control. Sometimes, ...ya know, even.... choking us too. Me and my little sisters lived in fear of him. We weren't even that "bad" as kids. He only did it when our parents were out of the house. He's real sneaky about it. I was relieved when he turned 18 and moved in with his girlfriend. Its sad though. I think he was .....hurting her too. Just a feeling I had. He might have even abused our Grandmother at one point when she lived with us. Our parents always protected him. "

Or some such sad story. But family loyalties run very deep. And a lot of older brothers are "rough" with their younger siblings. Families have different boundaries about what is going "too far".

In this crime scenario, Abby & Libby could have been a proxy for BG's younger siblings.

MOO: Amateur Psychological Speculation based on Varied Life Experience, and being a child of the '60's. ETA: punctuation

Sigh.

This may be the new interview:

If so, I can’t think of one good reason for LE to lie and fabricate all these details below, as opposed to a standard “not disclosing due to protecting the integrity of the investigation” which they definitely are not strangers in the use of. Blatant and unnecessary lying to the public is also the sort of thing that can bite LE in the butt during criminal trials because it damages their credibility. Would LE also lie about evidence, the jury can be left wondering. JMO

“Master Trooper Taylor Bryant, a sketch artist with Indiana State Police who drew the new sketch, told IndyStar a sketch is based on how a particular witness describes the suspect. If there are several witnesses, Bryant would draw a sketch for each description. Bryant did not draw the sketch that police released in July 2017.

"The witness is the main focus. So there’s no input from law enforcement at all in the generating of a sketch, other than my presence as the artist."

Bryant uses a "facial identification reference sheet" that has a list of different categories, from head shapes to different eyebrows and noses. The person will describe the suspect based on those categories. "(It's) easier to do that than to describe (the suspect) using just words," Bryant said....

The sketches are not exact, Bryant said. The renderings are a "ballpark estimation of what the person looks like."

The sketch released on Monday was drawn by Bryant on Feb. 17, 2017, a few days after the victims' bodies were found. The picture was based on the description of a person who saw something that the person felt needed to be reported, according to Bryant....”
Delphi murders: New sketch of killer, video from Libby's phone released

I am assuming LE has a description of the vehicle. They have the sketch. They have video and audio. They have DNA of unknown origin. They believe he has ties to Delphi.
Yes he said 110 percent I think? Lemme grab the quote.

ETA:

“Carter said that during his most recent press conference about the case two weeks ago that he's 110% convinced the person who committed the murders was watching.“

I am curious to know what makes him that certain? I feel like the only way he could know that is he is a.) has a suspect in mind and saw them at the PC and/or b.) the suspect has reached out to them either about the PC or in the past.

Sigh.

During the PC didn’t Carter insert the word “may”? That the suspect may even be in that room? I don’t recall he made the statement emphatically expressing any degree of certainty. I notice he makes use of words such as “if”, “may”, “believe”, “think”....... as opposed to “we know”.

It appeared to me he said what he did during the PC to hit home the fact the suspect could be in that room because LE believed he had a close connection to Delphi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater