Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #102

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps he has been in anonymous contact with LE and that's how they know 110% he was watching.

Now they have his attention, they did another interview today.

I hope this is significant.

So jumping off this, (hope it’s not a brainfart, we’ll see where this thought goes), if this is the case, that they know this because he’s been in contact with them, then why say this to the public? The perp would already know this...

-
ETA: Maybe to outwardly call him a coward, let them know who’s running the show here.

Also, again, I don’t believe they really think this guy has any conscience left.

Last edited:
(Yes sorry about that, I was speedreading/multitasking, you guys are quick! In my head I was thinking about trying to get to the 3:00 mark about what @Jax49 posted above, so was all flustered about that and quoted too quickly, I was just excited that I thought the quote was so handy.)

No problem, I just saw this and wanted to post my thoughts. Like I said, I can't watch the video, so when people post a sentence here and there, I also don't have the context. I hope the video will be posted on youtube.

There are 2 different interviews with profiler John Douglas, one with ABC/GMA and another one from yesterday with INSIDE EDITION:

Video: Witness in Delphi double murder likely afraid, investigator says

Who Killed Abby and Libby? 'Mindhunter' John Douglas Offers Insight Into Delphi Murders

-Nin

Guys says to me that maybe he may know these victims," said Douglas. "Or it's a person ... someone who has interaction with children."

Aren’t we afraid for both girls and boys of Delphi?

Landing at random here to bump Tricia's post:

Hi Everyone,
Please remember we do not discuss sex offenders. The police are well aware of who they are. Unless a sex offender is discussed in the mainstream media or by LE we are not allowing the discussion.

Why? Because the police already know about sex offenders and they check them out.

We used to allow discussion of sex offenders in the area but allowing the discussion didn't help anything. In fact what happened was people would be positive that a certain sex offender was the perp, call the police to report, and in fact would bog the police down with these tips.

Thank you,
Tricia

Supt. Carter was referring to one specific tip:

"Somebody out there knows who this person is," he said. "I don't think there's multiple pieces of the puzzle. ... I think there's one piece. And it's having one individual with the strength to say that was my brother, that's my dad, or that's my cousin, that's my neighbor, my co-worker. And I think we're one piece away — one piece."

Delphi murders update 2019: Here's what we know about unsolved killings of Abby and Libby
Wow, thanks JudgeJudi! This was the paragraph right before yours:

"Even though no arrests have been made, Carter said he believes "we're one piece of the puzzle away from figuring out who this individual is."

That together with what you quoted leads me to believe that the LE might not have had a full suspect profile from DNA. What they may have is a partial DNA, a sketch that favors this guy OR that guy in town (possibly from the same family?) or maybe a blood type that is uncommon. LE may only have a car color that is generally more common than not, also associated with known person(s). They need that family tip. LE may have a good and educated inkling of the suspect(s), that may even match some of the profiling reports but not closely enough to convict yet.
Thanks for the article, I hadn't seen that one yet.

Perhaps he has been in anonymous contact with LE and that's how they know 110% he was watching.

Now they have his attention, they did another interview today.

I hope this is significant.
I wonder if a tipster saw perp watching the pc and it re-inforced the tipsters suspicion and then they told LE...."he was glued to
the tv when the pc was on".

In the WISH interview, Carter suggests the perp may be somewhere between the two sketches. About the 3:38 mark. Thoughts?

ISP superintendent provides update on Delphi double murder investigation

Holy cow Jax, it does sound like this.

I’ve got to go back and listen again, could he have possibly been meaning re: “somewhere between the two” as related to the photo and the second sketch, not the 2 sketches? This video requires a full transcription but I simply do not have time atm, going back for a second listen. If so, if he is indeed talking about the 2 sketches, then holy moly. Rewind...

Last edited:
LE has never given a description of the vehicle parked in front of the abandoned building on 300 N. Maybe it was one of those bits of information that wasn't believed to be relevant at the time. LE may know from witness statements what color and maybe type that it is. Two years later and going back to witnesses may not produce much. I know if I remembered such a vehicle I probably would have remembered the color and maybe the type (e.g., SUV, sedan). But I doubt - even a day or two later - if I would have noted the make (Toyota, Honda, Ford, etc.). LE probably has the color and type but are holding on to that to screen out invalid tips, in addition to whether or not someone witnessed a person walking up to it.

I'm starting to wonder about DNA. I've heard varying statements from LE on this. One LE, the 1st Sgt in charge, seemed to allude to the fact that they HAVE DNA, but are trying to ascertain whether or not it is the murderer's. Touch DNA can be all over their clothing. Family, someone - a stranger with no known association to them - who may have picked up their coat if they dropped it, someone who may brushed up against it or bumped into one of them while standing in line somewhere. If a coat hasn't been washed or dry cleaned for some time then it could have been there for days. If this dirtbag didn't touch them at any point there may not be any DNA of his on the clothing and any DNA found is a dead end. Unless, this killer took a souvenir off one or both of them. And if he strangled one of them then he had to touch them at some point.

I do wonder that if this murderer used a gun to kill one or both what are the chances he didn't get all the empty shell casings? He didn't know that someone would not hear the shots and he may have panicked trying to find the empties in all of the dead leaves on the ground. A bullet can be mangled too bad to get reliable marks, but an empty case gives the forensic examiner unique firing pin and extractor marks. And while multiple cases are good, sometimes only ONE is enough. And if this guy didn't use a common round like a .22, but rather something uncommon like an NAA .32 or NAA .25 he has really narrowed the search for LE.

At some point I read that a searcher saw tracks. Shoe prints in the muddy bank after coming out of the creek? A muddy shoe print on the leaves sometime after that? Even if this murderer got rid of the shoes or boots, I'll bet LE knows his shoe size.

Wow, thanks JudgeJudi! This was the paragraph right before yours:

"Even though no arrests have been made, Carter said he believes "we're one piece of the puzzle away from figuring out who this individual is."

That together with what you quoted leads me to believe that the LE might not have had a full suspect profile from DNA. What they may have is a partial DNA, a sketch that favors this guy OR that guy in town (possibly from the same family?) or maybe a blood type that is uncommon. LE may only have a car color that is generally more common than not, also associated with known person(s). They need that family tip. LE may have a good and educated inkling of the suspect(s), that may even match some of the profiling reports but not closely enough to convict yet.
Thanks for the article, I hadn't seen that one yet.
Very good synopsis and I agree with you.
Remember folks if they have a partial dna sample it can rule
people out but cannot lock people in.
they're looking for the tip that will "lock" him in.

Holy cow Jax, it does sound like this.

I’ve got to go back and listen again, could he have been meaning withpossibly “somewhere between the two” as related to the photo and the second sketch, not the 2 sketches? This video requires a full transcription but I simply do not have time atm, going back for a second listen. If so, if he’s talking about the 2 sketches, then holy moly. Rewind...

I did a second very careful listen after someone suggested that...I still believe he meant between the two sketches. moo

here is the WISHTV interview from this morning, on YouTube

Thank you very much! Now that I know that they have their own youtube channel, I can go look for the videos there and don't have to feel anymore like I'm in China and half the internet is turned off for me.

What he said about the sketches is weird, everything they said since the PC is just confusing. Wondering if they do this to make people stop looking for strangers on FB that look like the sketch (1 or 2, pick one). Or if LE is just very confused as well.

So jumping off this, (hope it’s not a brainfart, we’ll see where this thought goes), if this is the case, that they know this because he’s been in contact with them, then why say this to the public? The perp would already know this...

-
ETA: Maybe to outwardly call him a coward, let them know who’s running the show here.

Also, again, I don’t believe they really think this guy has any conscience left.

Because if he (or tipster) has contacted them anonymously then it becomes a game and this is the only way they can communicate with him/tipster imo.

I wonder if this witness saw the individual with a "certain" vehicle?
I wonder this too. Unfortunately, I’ve been entertaining the idea that they have no knowledge about any car parked there. I think they’ve accounted for everyone’s car that day (that we’re parked in all of the spaces around the park) and are merely speculating that BG, MAY have parked his car there since it was an abandoned building and a bit farther away. MOO I hope I’m wrong though.

I am surprised that I haven't heard/read from too many people how insignificant they feel the tone of "guys" is within the audio clip.

In my opinion, he sounds like he's trying to come off non-offensive and approachable. It doesn't indicate, IMO, any type of authority or familiarity or distance or anything, really.

It's the same way I'd approach a group of kids I knew or construction workers that were making too much noise or a barista at a coffee shop or a clerk at a store or my own children or a class I substitute taught in or anyone, anywhere really.

I guess my point is that I don't feel the tone or the word, "guys," itself is indicative of who this clown is or what he does or where he's from. I'm in a cranky mood from the lack of progress in this investigation; sorry.

I also recently finished The Killing Season docuseries and am so disheartened to know how many murderers lurk among us and how many people - women especially - are being murdered without justice. I'm mad in that this guy could be anywhere by now, killing who-knows-how-many more people. In this day and age, with a frickin video of the perp, how can it be this easy to get away with murdering two young girls in the middle of the frickin day?!
I feel the exact same way. I don't think anything can be surmised about BG from his "guys." JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam