Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #102

Status
Not open for further replies.
What bothers me about the vehicle in the CPS lot is that as far as I can tell, it would have been plainly visible from Hoosier Heartland HWY, the footbridge over the HWY, the trailhead parking lot, possibly parts of W 300 N, and possibly local cameras. Especially in mid-February when the grass, shrubs, and trees are bare.

Agree, bothers me too. Like the skinny legs on a supposedly 45 year old man did before.
If he was planning the crime, that would be a dumb place to park. It looks to be an unofficial parking lot for the trail. The official one is directly across from it on the other side of I25. Very exposed.
MOO of the crime is random and unplanned BG must routinely stuff his jacket with weapons and death gadgets. That seems like a noticeable habit, even though many people carry in trails, his jacket looks overboard.
Obviously BG is not right in the head and this carrying everything is part of it.

Yes the April 22nd - Do you know where in Delphi. Carter spoke that he was close by if not in the room. I want to see what is close by.
I read somewhere that it was held at the ‘Canal Center’ in Delphi.

Edit: “Speaking at a press conference April 22 at the Canal Center in Delphi, ISP Superintendent Doug Carter told members of the media and a large gathering of community members the new information released was the result of thousands of hours of police work conducted by multiple agencies.” More than 3,000 tips since new sketch, footage in Delphi case

Last edited:
By using your link it looks like the 11th, 12th and 13th were mostly above freezing and it rained a little bit the 12th. I hope I'm reading it correctly.
I didn't scroll back to the days of the 11th or 12th. I used the chart showing from 9 pm on the 12th, to 6 am on the 13th It was below freezing during that time frame, ( 9 hours straight) and then warmed to a high of 46 during the day of the 13th.
I'm not sure how long the sun was beating along the path along side of the railroad bridge if that's the "hill" they were told to go down. Did the bridge block the sun? I'm not sure. I was trying to figure out a reason there would be no footprints, if there wasn't, and if the ground was frozen, that may be the reason.
West Lafayette, IN History | Weather Underground

A clarification was issued, the car was apparently parked there from noon to 5pm on Feb 13th, the day of the murders. Not on the 14th although Carter initially stated this during the PC.

Folk were searching on the day of the murders also.
It was stated on these threads, very early on (if someone can recall), the area where the girls were found on the 14th, had been searched nearby on the 13th.
MOO.

Last edited:
Agree, bothers me too. Like the skinny legs on a supposedly 45 year old man did before.
If he was planning the crime, that would be a dumb place to park. It looks to be an unofficial parking lot for the trail. The official one is directly across from it on the other side of I25. Very exposed.
MOO of the crime is random and unplanned BG must routinely stuff his jacket with weapons and death gadgets. That seems like a noticeable habit, even though many people carry in trails, his jacket looks overboard.
Obviously BG is not right in the head and this carrying everything is part of it.

I agree, parking a car there seems really unusual. One thing we don’t know, if there was another locally known reason for people to park there aside from access to the trail. If there was, the car might’ve not stood out as belonging to someone out on the trail, making it a less obvious parking location than a trail parking lot.

For example, I’m thinking of a vacant building and parking lot near a highway, on the edge of town where I once lived. An assortment of vehicles were always parked there everyday as it become very popular as a pick up location for work crews and also as a meeting place for people who car pooled.

One set of footprints makes me think it was the killer's after the murders footprints away from where the girls were found. I guess LE may know whether or not the footprints indicated which direction the person who made them was traveling but it makes sense to me that the footprints were traveling away from the scene.

Yes only one set does suggest the footprints would have to belong to the murderer as he left the crime scene.

Your last sentence reminds me of a 'small town dogcatcher'.
Wonder if Dephi has one. ??

If it's not in quotes I'm paraphrasing. Meant to post this this morning but didn't find the time. Just what I thought interesting about the interview.

It's all been useful and the vast majority of tip information coming in is different and ISP Carter is thrilled with what has occured, "happened", since the PC but they're "not near done".

Interviewer mentions some unusual things about the PC, inviting the public to attend and not taking questions until much later. Then talks about ISP Carter talking directly to killer. Do you really think he was in the room?

"I think if he wasn't in the room, he was close by, 100% convinced he was watching."

"Why?"

"Because of all at that's happened over these 30 months, the information that we'd recieved, the information that we knew..."

Killer has been interviewed?

"Well I think its likely, I think it's likely, there's been a lot of opinions out there, there's a lot of subjective opinions, there's a lot of analysis being done, which we're trying to encourage folks not to do those kinds of side by side analysis. I really believe that over time we're gonna have an idea that we were onto to something early on. But we have to remember this is not a 43 minute tv show..."

"We have to, we have, we have to understand that its not just science but human intelligence, what people know, somebody knows who's body that is Scott, somebody knows..."

When asked about not releasing the video sooner Carter's response was, "...Yeah a pic is different than a video, a sketch different from a photograph, so you're right, you're absolutely correct. We'll be able to one day, be able to tell you what we know and why we didn't release it. We don't want to show our hand. We don't want to show the complete picture of what we know versus what we think. We have to be very very careful there. Remember it's easy to give an opinion if you don't understand the factual basis of what we've done and why...and I don't mean that in a critical sense. But we have to protect the integrity of what we know...and ahhh...jeez, we're gonna stay at it."

ISP superintendent provides update on Delphi double murder investigation

What bothers me about the vehicle in the CPS lot is that as far as I can tell, it would have been plainly visible from Hoosier Heartland HWY, the footbridge over the HWY, the trailhead parking lot, possibly parts of W 300 N, and possibly local cameras. Especially in mid-February when the grass, shrubs, and trees are bare.

Just because it's visible doesn't mean that people noticed it, though. Unless something extraordinary happened like the vehicle was a unique color or was on fire or something, it's probably one of those things that wouldn't register, especially to someone just driving by. The vehicle may have been gone before the families, LE, and volunteers started taking stock of what was in the area. As far as cameras, some only keep the footage saved for 48 hours. If they didn't look at them at the time then that information is probably lost now.

Yes he did. That also fits the profile that’s quite common amongst criminals who get a demented type of high from the notion they’ve successfully outsmarted LE. Carter made other comments around that same point - -

“For more than two years, you never thought we would shift gears, but we have," he said. "We know this is about power to you, and you want to know what we know. And one day you will."...”
Man suspected of murdering teen girls in 2017 has close community ties
I rewatched the first part and he actually said in the room or close by. I didn’t interpret that as he’s 20 miles away watching it on TV. Was there an overflow room?

Just a possibility - say he or someone close to him had inserted themselves into the investigation early on and continued to - Keeping up with progress. He thinks he’s outsmarted LE. He knows they have no clue it’s him, Then they announce a big PC 2 months after the 2 year anniversary - kind of weird timing and something he didn’t know about before it was announced (maybe kept very quiet because LE is on to him and has been suspecting him for awhile). He had to go to find out what they know. Probably couldn’t help himself.

If it's not in quotes I'm paraphrasing. Meant to post this this morning but didn't find the time. Just what I thought interesting about the interview.

It's all been useful and the vast majority of tip information coming in is different and ISP Carter is thrilled with what has occured, "happened", since the PC but they're "not near done".

Interviewer mentions some unusual things about the PC, inviting the public to attend and not taking questions until much later. Then talks about ISP Carter talking directly to killer. Do you really think he was in the room?

"I think if he wasn't in the room, he was close by, 100% convinced he was watching."

"Why?"

"Because of all at that's happened over these 30 months, the information that we'd recieved, the information that we knew..."

Killer has been interviewed?

"Well I think its likely, I think it's likely, there's been a lot of opinions out there, there's a lot of subjective opinions, there's a lot of analysis being done, which we're trying to encourage folks not to do those kinds of side by side analysis. I really believe that over time we're gonna have an idea that we were onto to something early on. But we have to remember this is not a 43 minute tv show..."

"We have to, we have, we have to understand that its not just science but human intelligence, what people know, somebody knows who's body that is Scott, somebody knows..."

When asked about not releasing the video sooner Carter's response was, "...Yeah a pic is different than a video, a sketch different from a photograph, so you're right, you're absolutely correct. We'll be able to one day, be able to tell you what we know and why we didn't release it. We don't want to show our hand. We don't want to show the complete picture of what we know versus what we think. We have to be very very careful there. Remember it's easy to give an opinion if you don't understand the factual basis of what we've done and why...and I don't mean that in a critical sense. But we have to protect the integrity of what we know...and ahhh...jeez, we're gonna stay at it."

ISP superintendent provides update on Delphi double murder investigation

this sounds so much more encouraging than what we've heard previously.
Maybe the new tips coming in have helped bring their puzzle pieces together and things are firming up on solving this.
Let's hope so.

I hear ya Enelram and understand what your saying but I’m still not convinced. If they had a decent description of the car, in a town that small (since LE seems convinced BG is local and/or works there), then they could have driven to every home and business and found the car. Someone in the town would know who’s car it is/was. MOO
Could’ve been a rental or borrowed from someone out of town.

They know about the car, no doubt, because in pc they just wanted
info on driver and never asked for info on car. I'm sure they have
all info on car, just can't prove who was driving it that day.

And this is why the owners view it as a potential loophole. "Maybe they will never find out".

Only I think the LE will...

It almost seems like once BG is caught everyone will have an AHA moment ? Or am I reading Carter wrong ?
Well one thing is for sure, once this guy is caught, the way that law enforcement has played this will all make more sense.

It’s pretty clear that he shares a bit of frustration that they are being criticized for certain moves, but he is powerless to explain himself right now.

It’s too important to the investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member