CONVICTION OVERTURNED GA - Diane McIver, 63, Fatally Shot, Atlanta, 25 Sept 2016 *husband arrested* #2

Fulton D.A.: Tex McIver trial cost ‘way outside the norm’

"It cost Fulton County nearly $578,255 to convict Claud “Tex” McIver of murder earlier this year, more than the then-extraordinary $550,000 that Cobb County spent to successfully prosecute Justin Ross Harris in 2016. ...

Howard acknowledged the cost of McIver's trial was way “outside the norm” — a typical murder conviction costs his office $5,000 — but defended the final price tag, a key contributor to his office ending 2018 more than $1 million over budget.

As a result, he has been prohibited from hiring more any more attorneys even though he has 11 openings, plus one administrative position....

Howard attributed the high cost to a number of additional expenses his office isn’t used to paying. For example, his team seized thousands of items, including computers, from McIver’s various properties. Normally, he said, his office would be responsible to decide what was admissible in court. For this trial, he said, an independent contractor had to be used to filter privileged information.

Additionally, he said, the department had to secure a number of expert witnesses, including sleep experts, to win the case, Howard said. And they had to expend additional dollars to build exhibits, such as a replica of the interior of McIver’s SUV. ..."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It cost Fulton County nearly $578,255 to convict Claud “Tex” McIver of murder earlier this year, more than the then-extraordinary $550,000 that Cobb County spent to successfully prosecute Justin Ross Harris in 2016. ...

Howard acknowledged the cost of McIver's trial was way “outside the norm” — a typical murder conviction costs his office $5,000 — but defended the final price tag, a key contributor to his office ending 2018 more than $1 million over budget.

As a result, he has been prohibited from hiring more any more attorneys even though he has 11 openings, plus one administrative position....

Howard attributed the high cost to a number of additional expenses his office isn’t used to paying. For example, his team seized thousands of items, including computers, from McIver’s various properties. Normally, he said, his office would be responsible to decide what was admissible in court. For this trial, he said, an independent contractor had to be used to filter privileged information.

Additionally, he said, the department had to secure a number of expert witnesses, including sleep experts, to win the case, Howard said. And they had to expend additional dollars to build exhibits, such as a replica of the interior of McIver’s SUV. ..."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That is such a depressing article. The realities of life are there is a price on justice.

I'm just glad it paid off in this case.

Just reading over a previous article on the upcoming sale, now sold.....didnt see what the personal estate sales made

I wonder....the way Diane's loan to Tex was written, I remembered that it was so easy for her to foreclose for about any reason if what i remember or read was correct

Cant the Administrator to her estate, foreclose on Tex now? If the foreclosure could be for any reason.....and is he making payments on anything? That would surely be a reason for foreclosure......would be ncie to see her Godson get something out of it and her current friend/s.....I think it is QUITE OBVIOUS, she woudl not have left her GODSON OUT OF THE WILL......hellloooo......….There MUSTVE been a more recent will, ironically my ex aunt in law, spoike of who was in her husbands will, namely his sister and children Im sure......had quite the cash and stocks from his own inheritance but SUDDENLY SHE COULDNT FIND THE WILL......the only peopl who gained were those on the life insurance policy which was not near what his estate was worth ........so the only problem I have with Dianes "NEW" will......is that no atty came forward having said they drew it up.....unless it was a codicil but still no one came forward........coudl they have been paid off by Tex?? He sure did tamper with the witnesses.......soooo............…

AND unless she drew up her own from s
ome online site not trusting anyone NOT to tell Tex........and also the fact he ransacked her office and cleaned it out, that was trespassing IMO, he should not have been in that office without permission! Or did he know the reason he cleaned it out, COry or someone should have been present when he entered that office

sickened still by this tragedy and possible injustice in the aftermath

Ga. Ranch of Lawyer and Convicted Murderer Tex McIver Is on Auction Block | Daily Report

Last edited:
but if the estate wins the wrongful death suit against him, then he hopefully will have to forfeit or estate admin can foreclose? praying

Just reading over a previous article on the upcoming sale, now sold.....didnt see what the personal estate sales made

I wonder....the way Diane's loan to Tex was written, I remembered that it was so easy for her to foreclose for about any reason if what i remember or read was correct

Cant the Administrator to her estate, foreclose on Tex now? If the foreclosure could be for any reason.....and is he making payments on anything? That would surely be a reason for foreclosure......would be ncie to see her Godson get something out of it and her current friend/s.....I think it is QUITE OBVIOUS, she woudl not have left her GODSON OUT OF THE WILL......hellloooo......….There MUSTVE been a more recent will, ironically my ex aunt in law, spoike of who was in her husbands will, namely his sister and children Im sure......had quite the cash and stocks from his own inheritance but SUDDENLY SHE COULDNT FIND THE WILL......the only peopl who gained were those on the life insurance policy which was not near what his estate was worth ........so the only problem I have with Dianes "NEW" will......is that no atty came forward having said they drew it up.....unless it was a codicil but still no one came forward........coudl they have been paid off by Tex?? He sure did tamper with the witnesses.......soooo............…

AND unless she drew up her own from s
ome online site not trusting anyone NOT to tell Tex........and also the fact he ransacked her office and cleaned it out, that was trespassing IMO, he should not have been in that office without permission! Or did he know the reason he cleaned it out, COry or someone should have been present when he entered that office

sickened still by this tragedy and possible injustice in the aftermath

Ga. Ranch of Lawyer and Convicted Murderer Tex McIver Is on Auction Block | Daily Report

Today is the second anniversary of Diane McIver’s death

Sep 26, 2018

"...Today’s anniversary is being marked in far more somber tones. Folks driving up and down the Connector in downtown Atlanta may have noticed Diane’s image on the giant Corey tower...

On the second anniversary of Diane’s death, the Corey tower at the downtown Connector was lit up with an image of Diane and a message of tribute...."

Today is the second anniversary of Diane McIver’s death

corey%20tower.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The McIver case made the list.

The 12 biggest crime stories of 2018
Dec 24, 2018
verdict6.jpg

Tex McIver is handcuffed and taken into custody after being found guilty of murder.

Tex McIver guilty of felony murder (April 23)

In the year’s most-watched murder case, Atlanta attorney Claud “Tex” McIver was found guilty of felony murder in the shooting death of his wife Diane in September 2016 as a friend drove them through Midtown. McIver claimed the shooting was an accident. But over the course of a six-week trial that involved 78 witnesses, prosecutors convinced the jury that McIver shot his 64-year-old wife on purpose because of money troubles. "

The McIver case made the list.

The 12 biggest crime stories of 2018
Dec 24, 2018
verdict6.jpg

Tex McIver is handcuffed and taken into custody after being found guilty of murder.

Tex McIver guilty of felony murder (April 23)

In the year’s most-watched murder case, Atlanta attorney Claud “Tex” McIver was found guilty of felony murder in the shooting death of his wife Diane in September 2016 as a friend drove them through Midtown. McIver claimed the shooting was an accident. But over the course of a six-week trial that involved 78 witnesses, prosecutors convinced the jury that McIver shot his 64-year-old wife on purpose because of money troubles. "
It might have been this time but I rmember him trying to conversate with the cops or someone as if this was all a normal day......he reminds me of my creepy ex bro in law

Defense Attorney Gene Rossi Discusses Tex McIver Murder Trial

Jan 2, 2019

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Defense Attorney Gene Rossi Discusses Tex McIver Murder Trial

Jan 2, 2019

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always assumed the gun he used had a hammer, the picture in this video of a revolver has no hammer........easier and quicker to fire...........on the other hand, I have mine FOR THAT VERY REASON..........did he?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back