Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #102

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spent yesterday in southern Indiana and we stopped in a little podunk town on the state line. I saw an updated "wanted" poster of the CCC/BG in their courthouse tacked on the bulletin board.

Although it's not unusual to see them in store windows or restaurants near Delphi and the surrounding little towns, it made me happy to see one 3 hours away.

Thank you for posting this it is great to get positive news about the posters for a change.

Apologies if this has been discussed already.
Purdue is only 20 miles from Delphi on IN-25
I'm wondering if the Abby/Libby case has been given exposure on that campus. While it is one of the nation's finest Universities, it should not be overlooked when searching for a Perp.

Amateur opinion and speculation

rosesfromangels as soon as it was revealed that the perp was likely younger with the release of sketch two I thought this would be a great idea. Nearby colleges, universities and schools should be canvassed to see if any professors or teachers recognise him. He must have got an education somewhere it is unlikely he was homeschooled. It would be great if sketch 2 was shown at sports grounds too during games.

I was thinking this earlier reading the thread. He’s the kind of man I’d want fighting for me if I were in that situation. He is fierce and determined. I can’t wait for him to say this arrest has been made!! JMO

As I have said previously I feel the same way I have a lot of respect for Superintendent Carter and everyone working hard on the case that cares about getting justice for Abigail and Liberty.

Well one thing is for sure, once this guy is caught, the way that law enforcement has played this will all make more sense.

It’s pretty clear that he shares a bit of frustration that they are being criticized for certain moves, but he is powerless to explain himself right now.

It’s too important to the investigation.
100% agree. There are a lot of things going on that the public won’t and shouldn’t see. A case near me had the public howling - LE is stupid, the killers are so obvious how does LE not see it (they did), they need to arrest right now because they are guilty (the defendants would’ve been acquitted). During the trial and immediately afterwards the strategy was revealed and it became obvious that LE knew what they were doing all along even though it didn’t appear that way at the time and it took many years. One defendant got a life sentence and the other 20 years.

It has to be a hard line to walk for the officials deciding how much to disclose, and what they need to withhold for a future case. I thought they would have said more about the specific behavior changes, however the statement was clearly very carefully crafted with specific intentions. there is most certainly information provided, phrasing used, that was intended to trigger the perp and cause him to alter behavior, drawing attention to himself. I sincerely believe there is a reason for the items we find odd. i.e. the broad age range.

What I read was that the searcher asked Libby’s sister what kind of shoes she was wearing. And then said he found them and the sister was not allowed to go down where the bodies were. I think Libby’s sister said this in an interview ...iirc. Link was posted in earlier threads.

I just happened to find a video, at about 1:40 -

100% convinced he was watching is a big statement imo. To me that means either suspect is known and he knows he’s in the room. OR..suspect has communicated and like someone else said..this is their means of communication. They “knew” he’d be watching to see if they got a “message”. I feel like that’s where the shack reference might have come in at. I could be wrong..just my opinion.
Yes, perhaps the Coward has been sending messages. Why doesn’t he spare his family the trauma of a raid and just man up and surrender?

Amateur opinion and speculation

I think it is possible that when the girls were on the bridge, BG, acting in a position of authority, told them that they were not supposed to be on the bridge and that instead of crossing back over the bridge to get back to the point of entry, they had to go "down the hill" and across the stream because the bridge was too dangerous and off-limits to the public.
This may be the reason they did not scream or cry out when they were told to go "down the hill" and did not scream out at all during the route through the woods, creek, and then more woods. They may have thought he was leading them back down the hill and across the shallow part of the creek as a courtesy because he was enforcing the "Bridge Off Limits" rule.
After they crossed the creek, he ambushed them. In this scenario, the girls would go willingly and easily down the hill and across the creek in a calm, quiet and willing state. The fact the there were other people not too far away from the bridge makes me think that BG would be able to pull this off without too much noise.
Of course, he could of had a gun, and then this whole scenario is way off.....!

Switch it around to... footprints of the killer as he's leaving the bodies become, to the searcher, footprints that lead to the bodies. After finding the bodies, it's very likely they found 3 sets of footprints leading to the bodies; coming from a different direction.

The temperature of the water in the river had to extremely cold in Feb, close to freezing. That’s what I can’t make sense of, why a murderer would intentionally choose to cross an ice cold river not just once but twice. Had he taken them the other direction, it was equally treed with no houses in sight, no rivers to cross. Unless he brought along a change of clothing, a man walking drenched up the waste back across the bridge, though the trails would most certainly attract attention.

If he’s been asked to assist with this investigation, seen all the evidence and feels like things were screwed up then he’s got the right to criticize, but GMA is not the venue to do that IMO.

This is an active investigation. That kind of talk can cause the family, the citizens of Delphi, and /or the public to lose confidence in LE (I know I saw some disheartened post on here after his comments). Might make people nervous to come forward because they think LE doesn’t know what they are doing.

I’m just not a fan.

Edit: Not going off on you at all.
Yes! I feel the same way. This guy came off
as a pompous a$$ to me.

I think it is possible that when the girls were on the bridge, BG, acting in a position of authority, told them that they were not supposed to be on the bridge and that instead of crossing back over the bridge to get back to the point of entry, they had to go "down the hill" and across the stream because the bridge was too dangerous and off-limits to the public.
This may be the reason they did not scream or cry out when they were told to go "down the hill" and did not scream out at all during the route through the woods, creek, and then more woods. They may have thought he was leading them back down the hill and across the shallow part of the creek as a courtesy because he was enforcing the "Bridge Off Limits" rule.
After they crossed the creek, he ambushed them. In this scenario, the girls would go willingly and easily down the hill and across the creek in a calm, quiet and willing state. The fact the there were other people not too far away from the bridge makes me think that BG would be able to pull this off without too much noise.

Although there were other people on the trails that day, we don’t know how close any of them were because LE has never told us what time they believe the murders occurred. But it’s possible it was 1/2 hour or even more, prior to the arrival of Libby’s dad at 3:14, if the SC photo was taken at 2:07. Somewhere in probably a press conference that’s been long buried I recall LE stating that nobody saw the girls on the trail.

Last edited:
I can understand not playing more audio of the perp. Maybe there was none, or the phone quit recording.

But why do you suppose they won't show more of BG walking on the bridge? He was still a way away. Was it because Libby put the phone in her pocket? For whatever reason, this bugs the heck out of me. What does the perp do at that distance that LE doesn't want us to see?

The temperature of the water in the river had to extremely cold in Feb, close to freezing. That’s what I can’t make sense of, why a murderer would intentionally choose to cross an ice cold river not just once but twice. Had he taken them the other direction, it was equally treed with no houses in sight, no rivers to cross. Unless he brought along a change of clothing, a man walking drenched up the waste back across the bridge, though the trails would most certainly attract attention.
Never thought of this. Even though I know it was February when I try to picture what happened I visualize those videos people made and it’s obviously warm outside in those.

In my opinion, one or both yelled screamed at least once. A gun was probably used to threaten them to go down the hill. Early on I asked my teen girls if they would leave a friend and run for help, they both said no. They would stick it out and fight and scream. I'm betting they did, but they were just two little girls ...Praying everyday for an arrest

If they knew who he was, they never would have shown the sketch. Why show a sketch that may or may not really look like the guy if all they want are “final pieces of puzzle”? If they know who he is, then they know who he knows and would speak to those people. Not go on national tv.
Jmo

I think it’s going to depend on what she was using to make the recording. If it was a video using the phone’s camera I imagine it could go until the battery ran out or it just got too big for the phone. If it was Snapchat I don’t think it’ll do it as long and the videos are segmented. Not a techie though.
Could also have been a notes function. However, that requires a bit more user action and seems less likely than other possibilities.

If they knew who he was, they never would have shown the sketch. Why show a sketch that may or may not really look like the guy if all they want are “final pieces of puzzle”? If they know who he is, then they know who he knows and would speak to those people. Not go on national tv.
Jmo
They are likely trying to prompt somebody to associate that sketch with that car, and then make that one tip that is needed to break the case wide open.

In my opinion, one or both yelled screamed at least once. A gun was probably used to threaten them to go down the hill. Early on I asked my teen girls if they would leave a friend and run for help, they both said no. They would stick it out and fight and scream. I'm betting they did, but they were just two little girls ...Praying everyday for an arrest
Yup. I think they froze, complied, and stuck together.

The only way they would have survived, is if they ran in opposite directions.

That went against their instincts though, and against their nature. They weren’t leaving one another.

[
Although there were other people on the trails that day, we don’t know how close any of them were because LE has never told us what time they believe the murders occurred. But it’s possible it was 1/2 hour or even more, prior to the arrival of Libby’s dad at 3:14, if the SC photo was taken at 2:07. Somewhere in probably a press conference that’s been long buried I recall LE stating that nobody saw the girls on the trail.

I can understand not seeing them..but anybody in the vicinity should have heard screams, or frenzied sounds of rustling leaves, sound travels further and clearer through barren trees. From what I read and watch, the Bridge is a quiet peaceful place I just don't know how BG did this so covertly if he isn't an experienced killer.

I have wondered about that too. My thoughts are, like you said, he was already set up across the creek for the crime. Or, the girls ran across the creek to try and escape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong