GUILTY WV - Riley Crossman, 15, Martinsburg, Morgan County, 7 May 2019 *arrest*

If there are members who know any of the major players in this case and who believe they have inside information/knowledge about this case, Websleuths requires that you must either provide links to MSM to support what you state as fact OR become a verified insider. When you are verified you do not have to provide links to back up what you say.

Please read this link and follow the instructions to become a verified insider.

Thanks.

If RC texted with a friend until midnight and that is the last time someone knowingly communicated with her, then that probably is the start of the timeline to the eventual outcome. It is highly unlikely that she left her home in early morning hours to voluntarily meet that man.
She may very well have tried to contact her boyfriend before she left the home. She may have decided to go to school early to meet and talk with him before he left on the field trip. AM may have pulled up and offered her a ride to school, she may have taken it and not ended up at school.

UPDATE: Police charge mother's boyfriend with murdering Berkeley Springs, W.Va., girl

More than 300 people attended a candlelight vigil in Crossman’s memory on Thursday evening at Berkeley Springs State Park. Many prayed and cried.

Bohrer told those gathered at the vigil that the effort to find Riley didn't result in the closure they hoped her family, friends and the community would have.

"We wanted a better outcome," he said.

A number of pastors spoke to the crowd before candles distributed through the crowd were lit from one candle that was affixed with an image of Riley on the side.

"She was able to love, show compassion to kids, that I wish all students could do at her age when I had her in sixth grade," said her former teacher Josh Rider, who also is a pastor.

"We come today acknowledging that we have lost an individual that we loved, but we come together as a family, and as a community and we are binded together by the Lord and the love that we have for one another," Rider said.

After the vigil ended, Elizabeth Tasker and Arianna Cobern, smiled as they talked about their friendship with Crossman, who attended Berkeley Springs High School with them.

“She was a sweetheart to me,” Tasker said.

“She always had a way ... to put a smile my face. I could tell her anything and she kept it between us.”

Cobern said Crossman was always there for people with her bright smile.

"She was even happy about getting braces,” Cobern said, recalling a recent conversation.

Not the outcome I was hoping for when I checked in this morning. RIP Riley.

Side thoughts, JMO. The rumor reported about her 'stepfather' hitting her and her wanting to leave makes more sense. This guy in his pictures looks to be on the rough side and 14 year old girls can get mouthy. Maybe he didn't handle teen angst well and things went too far?

I feel for the mom, she has to live with her bad choice HOWEVER, protecting your children is the only job you have as a mother. every single mom should investigate any new love interests. Google them, snoop FB, their states courtsearch, whatever it takes. And they should tell the guy that they did it and ask questions if they have any on what if anything they found. If he gets pissed that's a major red flag, dump him and run. Any man worth anything would appreciate a mother protecting her children. If he doesn't, he should stick with women who have none. Again JMO

Trying to be victim friendly towards Riley's mother.
(Struggling.)
It's important since she's not being charged and most likely won't be.

Any defense of the mother comes off as playing the devil's advocate.
Obviously.

Might be too harsh , but have become more jaded and realistic since joining WS. :p

Maybe he presented himself as an educated, intelligent, 'family man' to Chantel ? With an eye towards a long life and future with Chantel ?
And she bought it ?
Is it possible he talked her out of doing a background check ?
And even if she had, did he tell her it was all 'lies'... from a past girlfriend , or some enemy of his ?

People of both genders can be deceptive.
Chantel is being both defended and villified .

Maybe he was dependable and trustworthy to Chantel-- but a different side came out around the kids ?
Was he living there or just had access to the house ?
Did he come and go as he pleased , or was he always there and appeared to be friendly and a good, stable man ?

So there is no telling what he was like before the murder.
There might not have been any warning signs whatsoever to Riley's mom and maybe not to any others in their family circle.
People spoke well of John Wayne Gacy before knowing what he was like in private.

Did you read the heavy.com article? Andy McCauley: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
There is no way her mother did not know what a this guy was. Everyone in the area knew about this guy. When you have kids, you do background checks on guys you want to date. County records are public. Someone had posted links to his other arrests here yesterday.
I am sure Chantal is blaming herself. She will have to live with that for the rest of her life. She is in hell on earth, for sure.
Rest Easy, Sweet Riley.

Did you read the heavy.com article? Andy McCauley: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
There is no way her mother did not know what a this guy was. Everyone in the area knew about this guy. When you have kids, you do background checks on guys you want to date. County records are public. Someone had posted links to his other arrests here yesterday.
I am sure Chantal is blaming herself. She will have to live with that for the rest of her life. She is in hell on earth, for sure.
Rest Easy, Sweet Riley.

I don't have kids but I can certainly understand the necessity for a single mother to research the man she is dating. My girlfriend is a single mother and I have no clue if she has looked around for things about me (though there is nothing to find and we have common friends that have know each of us for more than 10 years at least).

With that being said, I'm sure her mom feels guilty enough, I won't pile on her. Tragic loss nonetheless.

I mean, if get what you are saying, but a 2 minute google search of his name would have been enough for most moms I would think. What a shame. :(

Ugh these cases make me sick...I cringe at the words “mom’s boyfriend”...a phrase I had never even heard way back when I was a young girl :( I know there are more good stepfathers and live-ins than otherwise, but you would not know it from WS. Jmo

I grew up not far from this area so I saw friends still living in the area sharing this early on and I was praying for a different outcome. I see this boyfriend has an extensive criminal record and I really am not sure what mom would be doing with him. I know pictures don't always show the story and it's hard not judge based on photos, but just looking at what he puts on social media, seeing his record, then seeing the beautiful girl, pictures of her dad and step mom and it just doesn't add up in my mind why her mom was with someone with this type of lifestyle as he seemed to have. People's actions speak and yes people can change, but it really doesn't seem like this man had a bad past and yet turned his life around. It seems he was trouble before and now and WHY would you bring that around your children?? It seems like her dad and step mom are nothing at all like this either and mom worked.. so I just keep thinking why on so many levels. Of course this doesn't mean this mom could have known this would happen, but these stories just hurt my heart when it just seems so preventable if women were smarter about what is right in front of them sometimes.

I don't have kids but I can certainly understand the necessity for a single mother to research the man she is dating. My girlfriend is a single mother and I have no clue if she has looked around for things about me (though there is nothing to find and we have common friends that have know each of us for more than 10 years at least).

With that being said, I'm sure her mom feels guilty enough, I won't pile on her. Tragic loss nonetheless.

Elliot: I don't have kids either. But my single mother friends always check out the men they date with background checks. I am sure you would welcome a background check by your girlfriend on you( like a decent, honorable man. ) Shady mf-ers dont want background checks done. I deal with the public renting houses in southern WV and 90% of them never call back once i say we are doing not only a credit check, but a criminal background check. It is a very sick, sad world we live in now. 75% of the people looking to rent around here are on drugs and have criminal records. Sadly, you cant trust people to be honest. Even those people that you knew years ago; people change.
I wont even leave my dogs with anyone but my husband or good friends. No way would I hire a petsitter off of the internet like alot of people do. Too many evil people out there that pretend to be something they are not.

JUSTICE WILL BE SERVED FOR YOU, RILEY!

Rest Easy, Sweet Riley.
Bolding mine

Oh, I agree with you, lillywonka !

Was trying to be victim friendly and explore the possibility he'd fooled Chantal.
It looks like she knew what he was.
Difficult to be supportive of anyone who brings a known monster into their home.
Foolish at best , but that's where I'll leave it.

Hoping AM will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Riley loved life ! It's not fair that it was stolen from her.
Even in prison AM will still be alive; and living off the taxpayer.
He'll have a life... albeit a more confining one.
So why did he think it was his right to snuff out the life of another ?
Also wondering there are any other victims by his hands ?

Riley will never get to experience a life here on earth... but she's in a beautiful place and will never suffer again.

No way did the mother NOT know he was a addict!
Since the article stated that he was injecting cocaine with a needle, im somewhat inclined to think that he did this in private. She should have been able to tell he was on stimulants, but I doubt he would shoot up in front of her or leave any needles out, etc. he may have thought he was good at hiding it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charharr
Back