Still Missing CA - Noah McIntosh, 8, Corona, early March 2019 *parents arrested*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to defend Jillian really, but the story so far sounds to me like she and the kids were unable to live with grandpa anymore and that is why they ended up with Bryce (to specifically NOT uproot them, since Bryce lives in the same city). This supports Jillian living out of her car in the parking lot - she wanted to be near her kids but her relationship with Bryce was too strained to live with him (I bet he was an abusive ahole to her, too). Her plan was to take both kids and move out of state, and when Bryce found out, he acted or it precipitated the murder due to rage or whatever else. If she was really IN the apartment that weekend, I have to suspect drugs being in the mix - it is the only explanation for non-action (but certainly no excuse). I know her actions seem totally criminal, but we're approaching it from our own clear-thinking and intelligent points of view. Depressed, drugged, stressed, afraid or impaired individuals cannot think clearly - I don't think she is evil, she just has a very high level of emotional stupidity or dependence on Bryce that lead to this tragedy and it will haunt her for the rest of her life in a prison of her own making.

What makes you think it sounds like the kids weren't able to live with the grandparents anymore?

But I believe that they did have recourse. Unless we are missing a lot of the story.
Possibly in the courts and it would have cost bucks. Meanwhile, the dad could have moved anywhere he wanted to with the kids pending some sort of restraining order. It was a difficult position, to say the least. But who would have ever imagined his own father would kill him?

Possibly in the courts and it would have cost bucks. Meanwhile, the dad could have moved anywhere he wanted to with the kids pending some sort of restraining order. It was a difficult position, to say the least. But who would have ever imagined his own father would kill him?

Apparently Grandpa.... he thought he'd kill the whole family...

What makes you think it sounds like the kids weren't able to live with the grandparents anymore?

Nothing because of the grandpa - either because Bryce was threatening her, she was going back to him or dependent on him in some way. After reading more last night, it doesn't even sound like anyone wants to say exactly what happened for the kids to end up with Bryce(and no one has a straight story for what she was doing all that time). The bit about her wanting to take them and move out of state was from her friend on the LE facebook post comments, and if that is true then I have to wonder why she wasn't just moving back to her dad's? Was she trying to get as far from him as possible and just didn't or couldn't pull it off? There is a reason she has a min 6 year charge vs accessory or something worse, and rather than try to tear her down I just want to understand all the possible factors that we just don't know about.

I just keep hoping that maybe the reason she was documenting the abuse was to use in court,with DCFS to get the children out because her parents had reported him to them and they found the reports unfounded Maybe this was her pathetic(even though it’s still unacceptable to allow it to occur) attemp to get the children back
Nothing because of the grandpa - either because Bryce was threatening her, she was going back to him or dependent on him in some way. After reading more last night, it doesn't even sound like anyone wants to say exactly what happened for the kids to end up with Bryce(and no one has a straight story for what she was doing all that time). The bit about her wanting to take them and move out of state was from her friend on the LE facebook post comments, and if that is true then I have to wonder why she wasn't just moving back to her dad's? Was she trying to get as far from him as possible and just didn't or couldn't pull it off? There is a reason she has a min 6 year charge vs accessory or something worse, and rather than try to tear her down I just want to understand all the possible factors that we just don't know about.

Respectfully I have to disagree with giving JG the benefit of the doubt.

By her own admission, she knew of the previous abuse by BM against Noah, she heard him crying over being hurt in the bathroom before he was mercilessly killed by the pathetic excuse of human being dad.

She was of sound enough mind to drive from the apartment and leave him unprotected without calling 911 or her parents to tell them something horrible was happening. Then she did not raise the alarm that Noah was missing for almost 10 days!!! Where did she go? What was she telling herself and her family???

She gets absolutely no sympathy or benefit of the doubt from me. The only person deserving of sympathy here is Noah, a beautiful, innocent boy who was cruelly and sadistically murdered that day. She could have very well saved his life and sent BM to jail by calling 911 if she was so afraid of him. No, she took the cowards way out and it goes against the laws of nature of a mother's instinct to protect her child. I hope she lives with her lack of action every single day of her life.

JMO

Respectfully I have to disagree with giving JG the benefit of the doubt.

By her own admission, she knew of the previous abuse by BM against Noah, she heard him crying over being hurt in the bathroom before he was mercilessly killed by the pathetic excuse of human being dad.

She was of sound enough mind to drive from the apartment and leave him unprotected without calling 911 or her parents to tell them something horrible was happening. Then she did not raise the alarm that Noah was missing for almost 10 days!!! Where did she go? What was she telling herself and her family???

She gets absolutely no sympathy or benefit of the doubt from me. The only person deserving of sympathy here is Noah, a beautiful, innocent boy who was cruelly and sadistically murdered that day. She could have very well saved his life and sent BM to jail by calling 911 if she was so afraid of him. No, she took the cowards way out and it goes against the laws of nature of a mother's instinct to protect her child. I hope she lives with her lack of action every single day of her life.

JMO

Very much agreed. And while she didn't technically murder Noah, her inaction led to his murder. The charge is appropriate.

May she never regain custody of her daughter.

To add to the above two posts, JG was documenting Noah's abuse on her phone. I don't give a gnat's arse if she was scared of Bryce, had a plan to try and take the kids out of state, or thought he wouldn't hurt him to the point of death.

There was zero excuse, JG could have taken her daughter outside, and called 911 the moment he walked into the bathroom with Noah. The cops could have breached the door and arrested Bryce on the spot. I seethe every time I read one of these stories. Where is the maternal instinct to protect in these women??!!!!!!!!!!!!

To add to the above two posts, JG was documenting Noah's abuse on her phone. I don't give a gnat's arse if she was scared of Bryce, had a plan to try and take the kids out of state, or thought he wouldn't hurt him to the point of death.

There was zero excuse, JG could have taken her daughter outside, and called 911 the moment he walked into the bathroom with Noah. The cops could have breached the door and arrested Bryce on the spot. I seethe every time I read one of these stories. Where is the maternal instinct to protect in these women??!!!!!!!!!!!!

If there’s one consolation, it’s that at least the daughter wasn’t home when her brother was killed. I can’t even imagine how much it would have traumatized her for the rest of her life if she was.

She 100% should have called the police and I hope she realizes the gravity of that inaction now. May this serve as a sobering reminder to everyone: if you see something, SAY something. One less life could have been lost had she picked up the phone immediately.

I agree but it isn't that simple if the mother has no support system. I think the maternal instinct becomes so battered and fearful they are incapable of protecting their children and they are clueless how to get help. One huge lesson we learned the hard way has been the ineffectiveness of Child Protective Services if the call is from a grandparent. Waste of time contacting them, imo. LE was very effective and still is vigilent. Protection Order is still in place two years later and for that, we are very grateful.

JMO

It’s not about giving her the benefit of the doubt or making excuses because their aren’t any. Its about the why? Why was the abuse being documented on her phone? The alternative reasons why she would document these actions are much more horrifying and I was only hoping that wasn’t the case

It’s official: a Judge has declared that CPS failed Noah and knew he was being abused. Hopefully this will serve as a catalyst for CPS in California to fix itself and actually protect at-risk children.

Outline - Read & annotate without distractions

If someone hasn’t posted details for those outside the US by the time I free up I’ll post the details then.

It’s official: a Judge has declared that CPS failed Noah and knew he was being abused. Hopefully this will serve as a catalyst for CPS in California to fix itself and actually protect at-risk children.

Outline - Read & annotate without distractions

If someone hasn’t posted details for those outside the US by the time I free up I’ll post the details then.
I hope the system starts holding everyone involved culpable, the parents, CPS, LE, whomever had 1st hand knowledge. This is a good step forward.

Friday, May 17th:
*Pretrial Hearing (Felony Settlement Conference) (See below) – (@ 8:30am PT) – CA – Noah McIntosh (8) (last seen about Feb. 24, 2019, reported missing Mar. 12, 2019, Corona; not found yet) – *Bryce Daniel McIntosh (32) “father” arrested (3/13/19), charged (3/15/19) & arraigned (4/3/19) with felony willful child cruelty & dependent child abuse. Charged (3/28/19) & arraigned (4/3/19) with 1st degree murder with malice & special circumstance murder of torture. Plead not guilty. No bond (was $1M bond). Eligible for DP.
3/15/19 Update: Arraigned rescheduled for Bryce: 4/2 on murder charges & 4/8 on abuse charges.
4/2/19 Update: For medical reasons, McIntosh was a no show for arraignment for murder. Arraigned on 4/3/19. Plead not guilty. 4/8/19 Update: He was arraigned on all charges on 4/3, in which he plead not guilty to all charges. Has Felony Settlement conference on 4/16 re murder charges. 4/16/19: Hearing continued to 6/14.

Only for *Jillian Marie Godfrey (36) “mother” arrested (3/13/19), charged (3/15/19) & arraigned (4/15/19) with felony willful child cruelty (endangerment). Plead not guilty. $500K bond.
Godfrey says 3/2/19 is the last time she saw Noah. 11 yr old daughter in CPS custody.
3/15/19 Update: Arraignment for Godfrey on 4/8.
4/8/19 Update: Her arraignment hearing on a child cruelty charge. Plead not guilty. Morreale (Godfrey's atty) objecting to media coverage of the arraignment. Very prejudicial to have cameras in the courtroom. Judge Magno says he has put procedural safeguards in place, He continues to grant video, still cameras & reporters. Godfrey's defense attorney asked for a continuance to April 15. No objection from prosecutors. Motion granted.
4/15/19 Update: Plead not guilty. Next hearing 5/17. Preliminary hearings are not set yet to see if there is enough evidence to be bound over for trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Tejas1821