Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #102

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they knew who he was, they never would have shown the sketch. Why show a sketch that may or may not really look like the guy if all they want are “final pieces of puzzle”? If they know who he is, then they know who he knows and would speak to those people. Not go on national tv.
Jmo

They would if they made the sketch look just like the suspected perp.

What if the "Vehicle" was an 18 wheeler?
Okay, that interesting thought made me stop for a minute. So I looked on the map, and I'm not convinced an 18 wheeler could have turned in there, and it would have been harder yet for one to get out. Especially if there were any cars in the parking lot. JMO.

Announcement - After 2+ years of sleuthing this case I now have 10 live males, 1 dead male, 1 jailed male, and one live lesbian on my suspects list. I hope and am sure that they are all probably innocent...... If this case remains unsolved much longer, I will donate my suspects list for the 2020 Delphi, Indiana area, US Census Bureaus use...... Someone solve this case, please !......moo

S&BBM -
10 live males, 1 dead male, 1 jailed male, and one live lesbian
and a partridge in a pear tree.

About sums it up.......:(

I'm not sure about this, but I think most company/government vehicles have driver's logs. If it was that kind of vehicle, the company should have been able to track down who was driving it that day, or at least who had access.
agree but without gps maybe can't track location.
I keep going back to Carter's mention of "You wanted to know what we know". I wonder if perp inadvertantly sought info regarding
the investigation and on second thought, the detectives are now
taking a second look at this nosey local employee.

Okay, that interesting thought made me stop for a minute. So I looked on the map, and I'm not convinced an 18 wheeler could have turned in there, and it would have been harder yet for one to get out. Especially if there were any cars in the parking lot. JMO.
I haven't studied the parking lot enough to form an opinion on if a semi could fit there. I do know that drivers can put their trucks in places you wouldn't think they could. At my business, we have maybe a 40' X 60' parking lot and they swing in here all the time.

I think one of the girls was 5’4” (maybe 5’3”) and the other 5’5”/150lbs so they weren’t physically that little. If BG is 5’8” - 5’10”/180-200lbs they weren't that outmatched in size. Plus, they were both athletes. If they fought it was a heck of a fight. They also were both into law enforcement. It’s hard for me to see them compliantly and silently being abducted and allowing BG to do what he wanted even if he was armed. Not saying that didn’t happen it’s just so odd.

No 13 / 14 YO girls are anywhere near close to a match (in terms of a fight) for an adult male. They just aren't. The strength differential alone would be insurmountable, not to mention if a weapon was used. In all reality a single strike from BG would probably render them, at the very least, dazed and confused. If there WAS a hand to hand fight, it was probably over very quickly, sadly.

Announcement - After 2+ years of sleuthing this case I now have 10 live males, 1 dead male, 1 jailed male, and one live lesbian on my suspects list. I hope and am sure that they are all probably innocent...... If this case remains unsolved much longer, I will donate my suspects list for the 2020 Delphi, Indiana area, US Census Bureaus use...... Someone solve this case, please !......Harmony, You got any donuts left ?...Hint,hint, hint......?.......moo

Well, not Harmony, but I have one of these in the oven:

images

Announcement - After 2+ years of sleuthing this case I now have 10 live males, 1 dead male, 1 jailed male, and one live lesbian on my suspects list. I hope and am sure that they are all probably innocent...... If this case remains unsolved much longer, I will donate my suspects list for the 2020 Delphi, Indiana area, US Census Bureaus use...... Someone solve this case, please !......Harmony, You got any donuts left ?...Hint,hint, hint......?.......moo
I've only been on this thread for 3 weeks, and I have one dead suspect and every other male between the ages of 25 & 40, 170 - 200 lbs., that either lives in Delphi or within and hour or so with a full head of hair and a prominent jaw is a suspect. Yup, that's all I have after 3 weeks. Well, come to think of it, the bald guys are suspects too :) And, yes, I have looked at previous suspects but don't think they fit. MOO

I haven't studied the parking lot enough to form an opinion on if a semi could fit there. I do know that drivers can put their trucks in places you wouldn't think they could. At my business, we have maybe a 40' X 60' parking lot and they swing in here all the time.
Yeah, and I'm certainly no expert on it. They very well could have parked there. It's a good thought, IMO.

They would if they made the sketch look just like the suspected perp.

Do you mean they made up the bit about the sketch being two years old? Or that the sketch is so perfect, it turns out to actually look just like the perp they now know? Why, then, would they insist it is not necessarily a likeness of how he looks, and give such a broad age range?

I can’t find any other case, ever, where a sketch was used when LE already knew who they were eyeing as the perp. I also can’t find case when LE used a PC in that way, i.e appealing nationwide with little more than a sketch, if all they really need is one tip about a specific, known suspect. All the true crime shows I have seen detail how the police work quietly with friends and relatives of the suspect behind the scenes...not issuing a PC on a broad scale, in hopes the very person they need to call in, will do so.

I will eat my cat’s gross canned food if LE knows exactly who they are looking for info on. I just don’t buy it on amy level. Jmo

Do you mean they made up the bit about the sketch being two years old? Or that the sketch is so perfect, it turns out to actually look just like the perp they now know? Why, then, would they insist it is not necessarily a likeness of how he looks, and give such a broad age range?

I can’t find any other case, ever, where a sketch was used when LE already knew who they were eyeing as the perp. I also can’t find case when LE used a PC in that way, i.e appealing nationwide with little more than a sketch, if all they really need is one tip about a specific, known suspect. All the true crime shows I have seen detail how the police work quietly with friends and relatives of the suspect behind the scenes...not issuing a PC on a broad scale, in hopes the very person they need to call in, will do so.

Have you investigated the Steven Avery case?

I will eat my cat’s gross canned food if LE knows exactly who they are looking for info on. I just don’t buy it on amy level. Jmo

I'm completely perplexed over the vehicle mentioned at the PC, but not during recent interview, and whether that vehicle is related to BG. It leaves so many questions in my mind. If it was BG's vehicle, did it belong to him, why was it parked there, how and when did he get back to it, etc. If it wasn't related to BG, then how did BG get to the trail that day? Parked elsewhere, walked? The vehicle being his, or not, could make a difference in how I see the details. Frustrating.

I don't believe LE has any idea who this murderer is. The fact that he not only knew about the trail, but to go off the south end of the bridge and cross the creek. If he did come out in the vicinity of the cemetery and walk down 300 N (and I don't KNOW that he did that) to his car parked in front of an abandoned building that would be just further proof that he knew the area and either lives there or lived there at one time.

That vehicle parked in front of the abandoned building is probably suspicious if LE has been able to account for the cars parked in the regular trail parking based on witnesses and none of them matched the sketch or video. It may or may not belong to the killer, but LE hasn't ruled them out.

If this killer lives outside Delphi and visits regularly and resembles the sketch, I can imagine he doesn't want to be seen in the area. So this murderer may be conspicuous by his absence from the Delphi area. Residents may want to ask themselves WHO is absent from the area over the last 2 years.

I also wonder if the murderer was in the town earlier in the day. Eating breakfast or lunch. Stopped at a convenience store. I would hope LE checked the surveillance videos in the local businesses.

I'm completely perplexed over the vehicle mentioned at the PC, but not during recent interview, and whether that vehicle is related to BG. It leaves so many questions in my mind. If it was BG's vehicle, did it belong to him, why was it parked there, how and when did he get back to it, etc. If it wasn't related to BG, then how did BG get to the trail that day? Parked elsewhere, walked? The vehicle being his, or not, could make a difference in how I see the details. Frustrating.
As am I. In the Heidi Childs/David Metzler case, LE came out right away with a list of about 10-12 vehicles seen on the rural gravel road that evening. 3 years later when they gave an update I believe they had narrowed the list somewhat. After that when LE gave an update little to no mention was made of LE looking for vehicles or a description.

Now LE here mentions the vehicle on the 22 of April. And I'm not hearing much about it since.

With the additional information from LE and the profiler I now really wonder if the murderer used a ruse to get the girls to walk to creek edge and his pre-selected killing spot.

What that ruse was may be in the gap in the audio.

Given the emotion this evokes in Carter it’s possible that the killer pretended to be a police officer. Wouldn’t that be terrible?

I find it very easy to imagine someone flashing some type of bade and saying to the girls, "You're not allowed on this bridge. It has been declared unsafe by.....You have to go around and out the other direction....down the hill, etc."

It is not hard at all for me to imagine this scenario, and it's not hard for me to understand that two innocent young girls would believe him (Libby suspicions were raised possibly before he flashed the badge or told them he was a park ranger, LE, etc., so she quickly included him in her photography). Her instincts were probably still on high alert as she recorded him while following through with his instructions and proceeding, "Down the hill."

These young girls were "innocent, intelligent and alert" that day. They faced an "evil, cunning, manipulative and cold-hearted killer." All they had was a limited camera/recorder. God only knows what weapons he had (and used).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288