Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #102

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing that makes me believe that they didn't know this person is the cellphone recording that has been discussed where they mention the "creepy guy". If they knew him, wouldn't they use his name? Of course, none of us have heard this footage so there may be more to it than we even know. MOO.

The girls may have said the "creepy guy" comment when BG was on a distance, and they then may have said something, when BG came closer, that indicate that the girls or one of the girls knew him ( not a name though) and that the police are keeping this secret.

That’s certainly possible, but that doesn’t have to be the case.

It’s a small town, and I’m sure that hundreds of people have been interviewed, both formally and informally.

Just playing the odds, it’s likely that someone in his circle has spoken with law enforcement, if he himself has not.

BBM Oh yeah, that is likely for sure.

The above scenario is just one I've been kicking around recently, I wish I could remember exactly what it was that planted that idea for me so I could explain better, but either way I agree with you.

Hell, it's entirely possible that both are true.

Yes, to me it it's pretty clear that they did not recognize him. Even if he was wearing layers or a hat, if they were aware of him while he was following them, I think they would have known who he was. Imo
Just thinking outside the box, which I do quite a bit: What if the guy got ticked off because they did not recognize him?

That’s what “sick and sadistic fantasy driven violent sexual” predators do; they hunt close to home, atleast early on.

This is the logic that has hampered investigations in the not so distant past, “someone from here, couldn’t do this.”

People don’t kill two teenage girls, because one of them saw something. That doesn’t happen with any regularity.

That’s movie type stuff.

What does happen with some frequency, is sexually motivated murder.

I think that’s far more likely here.

Well let's agree to disagree...eventually time will tell...

If they are now realizing they were "onto something early on", then does that mean perhaps a few people cleared in the early days are once again under suspicion? They served warrants at properties but only a couple were highly visible in the media.

I wonder what made them change focus and go in an entirely different direction at some point during the investigation and then circle back to the sketch made very shortly after the murders? What, and who, steered the direction the wrong way? There are at least 3 LE agencies involved, plus I believe they added one other agency along the way (GBI?).

MOO yes, that's a good observation. If they found an early lie that turned them toward looking for an older scruffy transient...

I don’t ever recall the media reporting that Libby had a Facebook acct, yet according to LE she did. I posted the link a couple days ago but I’ll look for it again.

Save your time and I'll take your word for it lol

I'm beating a dead horse here anyways

LE knows of the girls accounts, they likely investigated who and when they used them. What they posted on them. Who they were communitcating with etc and who knew the girls were there that day

I'm sure that was the primary focus of much of the early investigation

If they failed to uncover any connection that infact did happened I will still be shocked

Last edited:
Forgive me if this has been discussed but do we have a good profile of BG? imo I would be checking around with individuals who work temp jobs. Lots of flexibility. Not sure of the area and what temp services are around but BG may just work occasionally. The age range puts him into this category of so many you g adults getting into trouble. He has not yet been caught in my opinion. Or he could have a full-time job he works doing the night shift so had the time off during the day.

Save your time and I'll take your word for it lol

beating a dead horse

LE knows of the girls accounts, they likely investigated who and when they used them. What they posted on them. Who they were communitcating with etc and who knew the girls were there that day

I'm sure that was the primary focus of much of the early investigation

If they failed to uncover any connection I will still be shocked

Well here it is anyway. I notice the plural of “their cell phones” as well. I don’t recall the media reporting on either of the girls’ social media activity at all, other than the SC photo.

“Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley said they are looking at every possible angle that could put them closer to closing this case.

“We’re checking their cell phones, we’re checking their social media places Twitter, Facebook and that to see if there’s some type of connection there,” said Sgt. Riley. “We’re looking at every possible option.”...”
ISP on Delphi murders: "Everyone is a suspect"

Also...LE would not release a sketch that could be anybody, asking for tips no matter how small, if they knew who he was. Not only do they have to investigate thousands of new r“tips”now, but this sketch could look like so many innocent males, in a rather large age range. Some psycho might attack a look-a-like...probably has happened before. Everything else in the world has...

Jmo

Well here it is anyway. I notice the plural of “their cell phones” as well. I don’t recall the media reporting on the girls social media activity at all.

“Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley said they are looking at every possible angle that could put them closer to closing this case.

“We’re checking their cell phones, we’re checking their social media places Twitter, Facebook and that to see if there’s some type of connection there,” said Sgt. Riley. “We’re looking at every possible option.”...”
ISP on Delphi murders: "Everyone is a suspect"

Thanks
That's a fairly general statement that was made days after the murder

It definitely indicates as I suspect that they were in fact very focused on any possible connection to the victims very early on

Last edited:
Just bumping this link forward since I see the subject being discussed here....

Police: Delphi murder victims spoke of man behind them in audio played for family

"State police say more audio from Libby German's cell phone was played for the victims' families, including a mention of a man they noticed behind them."

I wish LE would release the audio of them talking about the man so we can discuss the context of their discussion. (No mention of creepy man in this link though.)

I know they can't release it to protect the integrity of the case, but it would certainly allow us to further dig into or veto some of the ongoing theories.

I would really like to know at what point in their hike they saw him....was it on the bridge, or before the bridge? It could help narrow down the timeline of when he could have possibly been seen by a potential witness.

I guess I am just getting anxious for more information....

In my opinion, it's a matter of days before L.E. announces an arrest.

With all of the information and evidence L.E. has (that we are not privy to), they are honing in towards the perpetrator.

The pressure is building from the police interviews on television and there is still momentum from the last press conference.

My thought is that the recent press conference has led to information being unearthed that has identified the perpetrator.

The L.E. know they have to build the most solid case possible in order to get a conviction. They may be in the final stages of compiling all of the evidence.

I think this case will be solved - and very soon. JMO

No 13 / 14 YO girls are anywhere near close to a match (in terms of a fight) for an adult male. They just aren't. The strength differential alone would be insurmountable, not to mention if a weapon was used. In all reality a single strike from BG would probably render them, at the very least, dazed and confused. If there WAS a hand to hand fight, it was probably over very quickly, sadly.
I didn’t say they would win the fight because clearly they did not. If they fought him, and I suspect they did at some point, they were fighting for their lives. BG would not be unscathed. Plus, he’d be fighting 2 girls simultaneously potentially.

Maybe if he had some type of weapon, is/was a martial arts master or trained in LE takedowns I could fully get behind the instant take down scenario, but at this point it’s all speculation and I’m keeping my mind open.

In my opinion, it's a matter of days before L.E. announces an arrest.

With all of the information and evidence L.E. has (that we are not privy to), they are honing in towards the perpetrator.

The pressure is building from the police interviews on television and there is still momentum from the last press conference.

My thought is that the recent press conference has led to information being unearthed that has identified the perpetrator.

The L.E. have to have as much as a solid case as possible in order to get a conviction. They may be in the final stages of compiling all of the evidence.

I think this case will be solved - and very soon. JMO
Agree w/ you.
I believe the driver of car came forward( or was turned in by locals) and provided some
very important info to LE. those missing links they were looking for, are now moving this case towards being solved.
Suddenly, there's a more positive air coming from LE.

Agree w/ you.
I believe the driver of car came forward( or was turned in by locals) and provided some
very important info to LE. those missing links they were looking for, are now moving this case towards being solved.
Suddenly, there's a more positive air coming from LE.

I prefer to think this way as well, Although I am also mindful to the fact that LE will never just come right out and say we are stumped until we get that one more specific tip we need

I do believe they are currently on the correct path, although I'm not sure how far down that path they currently are

JMO

I’ve wondered about something for quite some time. Is it possible to scream and run at the same time? I’m imagining that running in panicked terror requires full concentration including deep breathing in and out. Wouldn’t the act of screaming cause a shortness of breathe? If so, especially if a victim knew nobody was close enough to intervene, wouldn’t it be advantageous to just focus on attempting to flee? ie fight or flight.
Yeah. These girls were athletes from what I’ve read. Libby was a year round athlete with lots of conditioning. My kid runs the 1600 in 6.35 while talking to friends the whole time.

I don’t ever recall the media reporting that Libby had a Facebook acct, yet according to LE she did. I posted the link a couple days ago but I’ll look for it again.

Also I believe there is a huge difference in news media reporting that one of the victims had made a specific post about going to the location where they would ultimately be murdered and reporting on what specific social media accounts the girls had.

Hence I still don't believe a specific post was ever made regarding plans to go to the trails

JMO

Last edited:
Thanks
That's a fairly general statement that was made days after the murder

It definitely indicates as I suspect that they were in fact very focused on any possible connection to the victims very early on

True, I’m sure they were and still are as the homicides remain unsolved. There is at least one connection to the girls in that he took their lives. If LE knew the price of the puzzle of how that came about, this crime would be solved.

LE has not said either way but considering their predominate theory has taken them back to someone with an association to Delphi, the odds are greater there was either a direct or indirect connection. But even prior awareness that the girls were on the trail is not sufficient evidence of murder.

I think it’s interesting there been a lot of speculation regarding LE’s vague references to DNA, but they’ve said not one word about any possible connections.

“Speaking on behalf of state police, we don’t ever release information about ongoing investigations,” Holeman says. “In this case, we gave out audio and photo evidence from [German’s] video to help locate [the perpetrator]. We do that so when we get key evidence, only the killer or killers know the cause of death. We don’t release it to the media because then everyone and their brother would know, and it’s common to get false confessions from mentally disturbed people. So we’re trying to keep the details close to our vests.”..”
Why Police Have Not Released Details on the Murders of Libby German and Abby Williams from Delphi, Indiana

True. But it could have been a very common vehicle for the area: white pickup, gray SUV, etc. Just examples. They may need a more detailed description.
It would take some time, but they could narrow the list down to a somewhat manageable amount just by color and type especially if the witness is able to describe what it looked like (4 door or 2 door, shape, etc...). If they remember the make that would make it even better. Start with ones registered in Delphi and work their way out. Maybe that’s a big part of what they’ve been doing all this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail