Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear you, this case has affected me so much. It's all I think about and I need to give myself time outs sometimes to focus on other things.

I really want to find out who the person is that drove DV to the hospital. Everyone seems to be tight lipped and in CYA mode imo

Exactly. The person that drove DV and son to the hospital, then abandoned the vehicle is a huge player in this crime. IMO, there are AT LEAST two people that know what happened to Maleah.

Yes, it's hard to say if he just put the basket in the car and left it for awhile or if he drove off soon after that.
Someone mentioned that garbage pick up in that area was on Friday. Can anyone verify this?
I still think it's possible that he put the body in a dumpster and burned other evidence. Imo

I was who mentioned that last about trash pick up, but I couldn’t confirm it or find the original post I saw mentioning it.

Are you the poster who asked about the footage of dv walking to his car? I asked about that toward the end of the last thread and someone posted the footage. You see his head moving along a row of cars in the lot, but I didn’t see him get in a car.

Maybe BB told DV that she'd tell everyone he was responsible if he didn't help her cover up what happened? And he believed her? That could explain trying to eliminate support for him by saying he was having an affair with a man. And flip-flopping about abuse.
Yes, I'm sure she realizes the damage she has done by basically admitting, through her advocate, that she knew her child was being abused and left her with him anyway. That is clearly child endangerment. So of course she is not going to admit to being aware of any abuse. I don't know who else is advising her but QX is not doing such a great job.
But I think even the story about the argument and him "snapping" is setting up a defense for him in a way. It implies that the crime was not premeditated and he lost control after becoming enraged. Imo

It’s been all over the local news, posters, etc. they could have been exposed anywhere really.

I agree. If I recall correctly, the elapsed time from when he left with the basket, and when he was seen again wasn’t that long.

"It's been all over the local news" doesn't hold water for me, personally. Why are little kids exposed to local news reports about violent crimes?

Does no one protect their little ones from all the crap that's on TV and social media these days? If not - they should. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Children should be sheltered from violence - and that includes news reports about violent crimes.

Last edited:
"It's been all over the local news" doesn't hold water for me, personally. Why are little kids exposed to local news reports about violent crimes?

Does no one protect their little ones from all the crap that's on TV and social media these days? If not - they should. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Children should be sheltered from violence - and that includes news reports about violent crimes.

I’ve had this discussion before and came to realize that some parents don’t believe in sheltering their children from the real world they’re going up in because they feel the more a child knows of danger, the better for their own safety. It’s hard to protect there where MD was I bet. I doubt a lot of those children know the extent of this right now, but they probably will in the future. MOO.

I assumed the children in day care were similar ages. At four I just guessed they would notice someone they see daily isn't there and ask why.

Another strange thing is BB is claiming DV had inappropriate texts with a man/men and that was a catalyst to a major argument. Yet its absolute crickets on the topic from what I've seen, even in areas of the internet that I'd refer to as rumor mill. Not a peep, not a limelight seeker, nada. I don't know if that makes me think it's a lie or makes me suspect truth, as the actual "other man" doesn't want to come forward.

Whole thing has been made so confusing by these two. Equally.

Does that include the area around the apartment that they searched in the beginning?

I'm not sure. It is labeled Alief on my map but it looks like it's just trees, dirt, and dirt paths. There are buildings around the perimeter and possibly a large sidewalk or a small paved road or two cutting through it. If you're on a cell phone, open your maps app, bring up Kirkwood Landing apartments, switch from street view to satellite view, and go up just a little bit. You can't miss it. It's a huge area. It even has what appears to be a few ponds on it.

A poster above said they used to live in Alief, but the thing I am looking at on my maps app does not look like a place where people live.

I assumed the children in day care were similar ages. At four I just guessed they would notice someone they see daily isn't there and ask why.

Another strange thing is BB is claiming DV had inappropriate texts with a man/men and that was a catalyst to a major argument. Yet its absolute crickets on the topic from what I've seen, even in areas of the internet that I'd refer to as rumor mill. Not a peep, not a limelight seeker, nada. I don't know if that makes me think it's a lie or makes me suspect truth, as the actual "other man" doesn't want to come forward.

Whole thing has been made so confusing by these two. Equally.

Last year, when my youngest child was in day care, she was 4. And when she went to her dad's house for her month-long summer visitation, her classmates absolutely asked me and asked her teachers where my daughter was. They even wrote her letters and drew her pictures.

Yikes! Yes, thank you and of course it's probably too late for me to fix now since I can't even find my post!
Since I don't live in an area that allows physical punishment or spanking in schools, I wondered if it influences the way parents feel about punishing their kids in that manner, and how they differentiate abuse from regular physical punishment. It just seems like allowing it in schools might make it easier for parents to justify it and more difficult for authorities to determine what is abuse and what is not. Imo
I think people that abuse kids physically or mentally are going to do it regardless of what the school does. It either comes from the bully mentality or not knowing you shouldn't punish a child if YOU are angry, to calm down. If you are not calm they will not learn and if not punishing them to teach them, you are just taking out your anger on them. I was paddled in school (in SoCal no less) and have never paddled any of my kids, but they have been spanked.

Yes, but the question why do we think DV has not been charged yet. I think LE is working on evidence to prove exactly who killed Maleah. Should DV be charged and found not guilty, he can't be tried again. Presently we are hearing evidence that would prosecute him, imagine what his defense will say. If they defense can put reasonable doubt in the jury's mind, such as he was not alone with her, other persons were present, things such as that. I believe LE can prove murder, however at this point with what we know, can they prove DV committed the crime?

I think you summed that up quite nicely.

I was who mentioned that last about trash pick up, but I couldn’t confirm it or find the original post I saw mentioning it.

Are you the poster who asked about the footage of dv walking to his car? I asked about that toward the end of the last thread and someone posted the footage. You see his head moving along a row of cars in the lot, but I didn’t see him get in a car.
I didn't ask about him walking to the car, but I am still curious as to whether or not that Friday was garbage pick up day, and if pickup is in the morning or afternoon. I was hoping someone local would know. There must be a schedule somewhere. Imo

Chauncy Glover on Twitter
Just spoke with #MaleahDavis’ mom. Hear what she has to say about her 4yo daughter’s disappearance and the fact that some think she should be in jail too (along with her ex-fiancé). TODAY on @abc13houston starting at 3:00. #abc13
D6y6YKPWkAAS1Sh.jpg
D6y6YKLW4AAymXj.jpg

3:23 PM - 17 May 2019

Re the children, if my 4 year old had a friend missing at school I can think of many more ways to tell him without talking about violence against the child. Just simply “her mom and dad cannot find her and everyone is worried about her” could lead to a lot of questions that could be answered with “I don’t know”. Just trying to think of how I would have to deal because my son would absolutely notice if someone wasn’t in class. I certainly wouldn’t need to tell him details but it’s very hard to ignore or deflect questions from a 4 year old. Trust. :confused:o_O

I didn't ask about him walking to the car, but I am still curious as to whether or not that Friday was garbage pick up day, and if pickup is in the morning or afternoon. I was hoping someone local would know. There must be a schedule somewhere. Imo

Someone who lives in the complex may know that. Each complex around here has different schedules and different companies who provide this service.

Maleah Davis: Mom Brittany Bowens answers tough questions in KHOU interview
[...]

Bowens answered critics who wander why she left the children with Vence when she went out of town for her father’s burial. Before leaving, Bowens had confronted her then-fiance’ about sexually inappropriate photos he sent to another man, according to spokesperson Quanell X.

“In my mind, whatever we had going on, had nothing to do with the children,” Bowens said.

In the beginning, she tried to believe Vence’s story about the kidnapping.

“I would rather think that somebody took my child, than believe that somebody had done something to her.”

But Bowens admits it was always in the back of her mind that Vence might be involved.

I’ve had this discussion before and came to realize that some parents don’t believe in sheltering their children from the real world they’re going up in because they feel the more a child knows of danger, the better for their own safety. It’s hard to protect there where MD was I bet. I doubt a lot of those children know the extent of this right now, but they probably will in the future. MOO.

I refuse to participate in the normalization of violence - whether the violence is experienced in the family or social environment, or via video games, social media, news media, or anywhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4